Thanks. I wore the outfit with that in mind, but I think I can do better. I was eager to wear the vest because it was new, but it's a bit matchy with the pants. I'll try to cook something else up.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:40 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4609post #69121 of 787191/22/14 at 4:38pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #69122 of 787191/22/14 at 5:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Re: CottonDocker's jacket
It's interesting. I agree that it appears to fit very well. However, despite that, I don't actually find it a flattering fit for his build as it appears to make him look hip-heavy. I know SF trends away from a more built-up shoulder - and I don't even know whether this one is padded or not - but I do think a slightly wider and more structured shoulder might balance things out more. More closed fronts and a (slightly) lower buttoning point creating a longer lapel line would also help in this regard. YMMV, based on how you want garments to look.
I agree that a lower buttoning point might improve it, but that is a stylistic issue rather than a fit issue I think. A stronger shoulder or perhaps less flaring hips (if that is the case) might also improve it, but it might also be a photographic effect.
Regardless, I love the fabric.post #69123 of 787191/22/14 at 6:16pmpost #69124 of 787191/22/14 at 10:16pmpost #69125 of 787191/22/14 at 10:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by junglerollerQuote:My home office has a combination of the two so I'm hoping it will look ok.Originally Posted by upr_crust
From someone with a lot of experience with lighting (incandescent, compact fluorescent, and LED), LED lighting is very white - color balance is best with them. Fluorescent bulbs always give a yellowish cast to photos, and, as I remember, incandescents do the same, to a lesser degree.
Mixing light sources wrecks havoc on most photos, and makes it almost impossible to adjust colour balance. It's better to stick to a single (type of) light source and adjust colour balance afterwards (if the camera can't do it for you). Just my .02.......Quote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
Very cold today. A lot of snow still on the ground. I wore a cardigan for extra warmth and wore it instead of my jacket for most of the day. The vest is new from eBay. I thought it was brown when I bought it, but it appears to be a greenish brown. Or maybe it's just the lighting. I got this jacket back from the tailor. The sleeves are a much better length now.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I certainly hope this gets entered into the Friday challengepost #69126 of 787191/22/14 at 11:04pmAAS,
Looking good. Who does the shoes? They look to be suede, how do they hold up in the wet/snow?Quote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
Very cold today. A lot of snow still on the ground. I wore a cardigan for extra warmth and wore it instead of my jacket for most of the day. The vest is new from eBay. I thought it was brown when I bought it, but it appears to be a greenish brown. Or maybe it's just the lighting. I got this jacket back from the tailor. The sleeves are a much better length now.post #69127 of 787191/22/14 at 11:46pmpost #69128 of 787191/23/14 at 12:08ampost #69129 of 787191/23/14 at 12:11ampost #69130 of 787191/23/14 at 1:20ampost #69131 of 787191/23/14 at 1:28ampost #69132 of 787191/23/14 at 3:39ampost #69133 of 787191/23/14 at 3:50ampost #69134 of 787191/23/14 at 4:04am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Currently, there are 948 Active Users (138 Members and 810 Guests)
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › NUMBER (N)INE 2008 F/W chesterfield coat 1 minute ago
- › Neckties: A Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 9 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 10 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 16 minutes ago
- › ***SW&D Photography Thread*** 17 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 19 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 20 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 28 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?