Best of luck. We look forward to seeing the results.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4608post #69106 of 787221/22/14 at 1:42pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #69107 of 787221/22/14 at 2:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by YRR92
I don't see a city/country problem there, CD, though "city/country" is kind of not doing it for me anymore as a major paradigm. It's part of it, but it ain't the be-all-end-all.
I do think those trousers are a shade too dark. A gray in the same shade as the green in the coat would probably sing, or light tan moleskins. Square/tie/shirt/jacket is great -- unistripe oxford, perhaps? The jacket is very Vox.
Thanks, YRR. I was thinking that maybe olive trousers would have worked well if I switched up the socks & tie. Care to expand on the bolded portion?post #69108 of 787221/22/14 at 2:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
From someone with a lot of experience with lighting (incandescent, compact fluorescent, and LED), LED lighting is very white - color balance is best with them. Fluorescent bulbs always give a yellowish cast to photos, and, as I remember, incandescents do the same, to a lesser degree.
Thanks for the information. That's very useful. I've ordered one of these LED bulbs from Amazon, though it's not arrived yet:
Acpost #69109 of 787221/22/14 at 2:51pmpost #69110 of 787221/22/14 at 3:00pmpost #69111 of 787221/22/14 at 3:05pmpost #69112 of 787221/22/14 at 3:13pmpost #69113 of 787221/22/14 at 3:20pmpost #69114 of 787221/22/14 at 3:29pmpost #69115 of 787221/22/14 at 3:30pm
Very cold today. A lot of snow still on the ground. I wore a cardigan for extra warmth and wore it instead of my jacket for most of the day. The vest is new from eBay. I thought it was brown when I bought it, but it appears to be a greenish brown. Or maybe it's just the lighting. I got this jacket back from the tailor. The sleeves are a much better length now.post #69116 of 787221/22/14 at 3:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
Very cold today. A lot of snow still on the ground. I wore a cardigan for extra warmth and wore it instead of my jacket for most of the day. The vest is new from eBay. I thought it was brown when I bought it, but it appears to be a greenish brown. Or maybe it's just the lighting. I got this jacket back from the tailor. The sleeves are a much better length now.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Sportcoat fit is nice. The vest/cardigan thing is not doing it for me. Maybe it's because I'm used to seeing corduroy on top of wool as opposed to the other way aroundpost #69117 of 787221/22/14 at 3:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by John Doe
I'm a long time reader of this thread and have only posted a couple of crappy indoor pics in the past. Here are my first decent contributions (photo quality wise) to the thread.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That fit is very nice and please post more outfits in the futurepost #69118 of 787221/22/14 at 3:53pmQuote:
This is very nice, but I have two quick thoughts: 1) the sleeves on the jacket could be let down a touch; and 2) the quarters on the jacket seem rather open, not sure if that is your preference.
Great job overall!post #69119 of 787221/22/14 at 3:55pmpost #69120 of 787221/22/14 at 3:56pmOriginally Posted by Academic2
Brrr. Uncharacteristically cold today. Dug this out of the back of my closet. Didn't know I had it. Don't know where I got it.
Very nice item to find at the back of the wardrobe! If there's enough material, I'd consider adding turn-ups; I think that heavy-fabric 3pc suits benefit from the visual heft of turn-ups to balance out all that chunk cloth up top.Originally Posted by SeaJen
Possible entry for Pingson's Friday challenge:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Fantastic sport coat, CD. Looks to fit very well.
It's interesting. I agree that it appears to fit very well. However, despite that, I don't actually find it a flattering fit for his build as it appears to make him look hip-heavy. I know SF trends away from a more built-up shoulder - and I don't even know whether this one is padded or not - but I do think a slightly wider and more structured shoulder might balance things out more. More closed fronts and a (slightly) lower buttoning point creating a longer lapel line would also help in this regard. YMMV, based on how you want garments to look.Originally Posted by An Acute Style
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I like this quite a lot; please consider entering it into this week Friday Challenge!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Drop 8 suit jacket? 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Church Legato 8G - Last 73 - Good condition 5 minutes ago
- › WOOLRICH WOOLEN MILLS - Cincinnati Jacket - XS - Camel cotton 8 minutes ago
- › Visvim Sale - Virgils / Denim Shirt / Kilgore 12 minutes ago
- › Visvim Denim Shirt SS14 12 minutes ago
- › MISSION WORKSHOP R6 20L W/ ACCESSORIES 12 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)