A dank, Sir Cleav.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:52 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4606post #69076 of 787201/22/14 at 11:06am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #69077 of 787201/22/14 at 11:29amQuote:
Just noticed your deets are in your tumblr. Ill try to remember for next timepost #69078 of 787201/22/14 at 11:29ampost #69079 of 787201/22/14 at 11:42ampost #69080 of 787201/22/14 at 11:45amQuote:The scarf could be seen as feminine. Its a large square which is how the majority of women's scarves are made but I like it... to each his own.
Drakes of London
Cheers Gianni!post #69081 of 787201/22/14 at 11:51ampost #69082 of 787201/22/14 at 11:57amQuote:
I first set the thumb and after that I klick the spoiler. I reaIy like the upper part and I think that outfit would be even better with a cord or flanell trouser.post #69083 of 787201/22/14 at 12:16pmpost #69084 of 787201/22/14 at 12:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
cool suit, pingson.
from before the snow.
with the evil navy pents. of the flannel variety.
almost forgot. this is the jacket that i felt was too big. i had the waist nipped. not sure it looks any better to ya'll, but it feels a lot better and looks better to me.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm saying this with a great deal of hesitation, since I am likely pouring gasoline on the "navy pents" flame war, but this is a prime example where mid/light-grey trousers would have been the better choice. Navy works, grey would have been better......post #69085 of 787201/22/14 at 12:27pmpost #69086 of 787201/22/14 at 12:35pmpost #69087 of 787201/22/14 at 12:39pm
AAS - you are right about yesterday's tie, too narrow for my jacket, and perhaps for me overall. Might be eBay time.
PCK1 - This is all kinds of awesome, but you may want to post that here. Although that thread gets very little traffic.
Wouldn't mid-gray just blend in with the jacket? I'm assuming Stiches' coat is more odd jacket in person than in pics, but I feel like it could come off as two parts of two different suits.
BTW - your tweed suit is fantastic.
Stitches - I don't think that jacket looks big at all. Very nice.
Possible entry for Pingson's Friday challenge:
I actually thought starting with medium to dark grey pants would make things easy, but I kept running into a city/country problem that I'm not sure was remedied. Might try dark brown pants tomorrow.post #69088 of 787201/22/14 at 12:44pmQuote:
but that fit isnt on tumblr yet.
i am lazy with that, there is often a delay of a day or more before i tumble.Quote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
A gif from my visit to Henry Poole for a bespoke suit fitting: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)i lol'ed
thanks, CD. good look there. if i can play in fridays games, i have a similar idea in mind.post #69089 of 787201/22/14 at 12:46pmQuote:
better option? perhaps. but sometimes its fun to do something else. a man can only wear gray and brown pants with his SCs so many times before he gets bored to death. not to mention, i wore this SC last week with a very similar shirt and tie and with light gray trousers. tryna change it up a lil bit this time.
as is well documented, i often have issue with the, "would have been a better choice" critique. sure, its often valid, and sure sometimes someone may not even realize that they made a suboptimal choice, and in that case, its helpful and important feedback to tell them where they could improve.
but sometimes, if something works, and was chosen with the knowledge of what they were doing, than imho, the critique that is left is either it works or it doesnt. in this case, i think the navy trou work very well, and feel free anyone to correct me if im wrong. but do i know that light to mid gray would have been the obvious, and perhaps more optimal option? of course i do.
please dont think im gettin all Y U MAD THO here, because i know you are a solid and well intentioned dood, and there was no :flame: intended there. it was more of a #jussayin reply.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The Official Wine Thread 24 seconds ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 33 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Garment bag suggestions 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 5 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Indy boots 403 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories