A dank, Sir Cleav.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:15 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4606post #69076 of 787191/22/14 at 11:06am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #69077 of 787191/22/14 at 11:29amQuote:
Just noticed your deets are in your tumblr. Ill try to remember for next timepost #69078 of 787191/22/14 at 11:29ampost #69079 of 787191/22/14 at 11:42ampost #69080 of 787191/22/14 at 11:45amQuote:The scarf could be seen as feminine. Its a large square which is how the majority of women's scarves are made but I like it... to each his own.
Drakes of London
Cheers Gianni!post #69081 of 787191/22/14 at 11:51ampost #69082 of 787191/22/14 at 11:57amQuote:
I first set the thumb and after that I klick the spoiler. I reaIy like the upper part and I think that outfit would be even better with a cord or flanell trouser.post #69083 of 787191/22/14 at 12:16pmpost #69084 of 787191/22/14 at 12:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
cool suit, pingson.
from before the snow.
with the evil navy pents. of the flannel variety.
almost forgot. this is the jacket that i felt was too big. i had the waist nipped. not sure it looks any better to ya'll, but it feels a lot better and looks better to me.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm saying this with a great deal of hesitation, since I am likely pouring gasoline on the "navy pents" flame war, but this is a prime example where mid/light-grey trousers would have been the better choice. Navy works, grey would have been better......post #69085 of 787191/22/14 at 12:27pmpost #69086 of 787191/22/14 at 12:35pmpost #69087 of 787191/22/14 at 12:39pm
AAS - you are right about yesterday's tie, too narrow for my jacket, and perhaps for me overall. Might be eBay time.
PCK1 - This is all kinds of awesome, but you may want to post that here. Although that thread gets very little traffic.
Wouldn't mid-gray just blend in with the jacket? I'm assuming Stiches' coat is more odd jacket in person than in pics, but I feel like it could come off as two parts of two different suits.
BTW - your tweed suit is fantastic.
Stitches - I don't think that jacket looks big at all. Very nice.
Possible entry for Pingson's Friday challenge:
I actually thought starting with medium to dark grey pants would make things easy, but I kept running into a city/country problem that I'm not sure was remedied. Might try dark brown pants tomorrow.post #69088 of 787191/22/14 at 12:44pmQuote:
but that fit isnt on tumblr yet.
i am lazy with that, there is often a delay of a day or more before i tumble.Quote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
A gif from my visit to Henry Poole for a bespoke suit fitting: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)i lol'ed
thanks, CD. good look there. if i can play in fridays games, i have a similar idea in mind.post #69089 of 787191/22/14 at 12:46pmQuote:
better option? perhaps. but sometimes its fun to do something else. a man can only wear gray and brown pants with his SCs so many times before he gets bored to death. not to mention, i wore this SC last week with a very similar shirt and tie and with light gray trousers. tryna change it up a lil bit this time.
as is well documented, i often have issue with the, "would have been a better choice" critique. sure, its often valid, and sure sometimes someone may not even realize that they made a suboptimal choice, and in that case, its helpful and important feedback to tell them where they could improve.
but sometimes, if something works, and was chosen with the knowledge of what they were doing, than imho, the critique that is left is either it works or it doesnt. in this case, i think the navy trou work very well, and feel free anyone to correct me if im wrong. but do i know that light to mid gray would have been the obvious, and perhaps more optimal option? of course i do.
please dont think im gettin all Y U MAD THO here, because i know you are a solid and well intentioned dood, and there was no :flame: intended there. it was more of a #jussayin reply.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 9 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 10 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.