Sander, what part of Berlin are you folks in? Am planning on spending some time there this summer; we've generally lived in Mitte when visiting. I agree with Evil, as red tie goes, that works.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4604post #69046 of 787221/22/14 at 6:17am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #69047 of 787221/22/14 at 6:19amQuote:
Kreuzberg. Drop me a line if you come, I'm happy to give some tips (if you still need any). Meetups are also always nice.post #69048 of 787221/22/14 at 6:23ampost #69049 of 787221/22/14 at 6:42amQuote:
Steffen, I like the collar on that shirt (more of a 90 degree angle, so less spread). I've been toying with getting less of a spread on my collars. The standard line is that less spread for wider faces and more spread for narrower faces. I have a strong jaw, so go against the grain with wide spread collars. But the collar is nice. The jade green is striking.post #69050 of 787221/22/14 at 6:45amQuote:
Danke! I have to admit having eyed that light brown wool herringbone that you have for a while now. I did already spend out my tie budget for the year, but will that be a staple tie for you folks? The ties look lovely and would like to visit your shop. I'll drop you a line when our plans firm up. Will be nice to find a store in Berlin that focuses on classic menswear (though I do appreciate the small boutiques all over the city). I hear rents have gone up, unfortunately.post #69051 of 787221/22/14 at 7:16am
He def didn't skip leg day.Quote:Originally Posted by YRR92
Don't be afraid to wear a pattern with another pattern. The big picture I was aiming for is that the jacket and shoes are lovely, and would be great in a rig that skewed a notch or two more American -- in which case something like a burg/navy repp would make more sense than a grenadine (or a knit).
I follow you now. I have a few repps that may fit the bill that I'll definitely try out next time. I never gave thought to making it more "American" as you said. Thanks!Today, new SS Suit, Marinella tie and AE Rutledges. Maiden voyage of all 3.post #69052 of 787221/22/14 at 7:25amQuote:
No problem. I think it can be helpful to approach things with a specific aesthetic in mind, because it sort of restricts your choices and gives you more rules to follow/break/subvert.
I like what you have going on today -- I'm going to assume the suit is true-to-color in the bottom pic, and that you're wearing a very light blue shirt. Brown-gray suit with a light gray shirt would be... uh, well, wrong with black shoes, for one thing.post #69053 of 787221/22/14 at 7:29ampost #69054 of 787221/22/14 at 7:36ampost #69055 of 787221/22/14 at 7:42ampost #69056 of 787221/22/14 at 7:54amQuote:
My phone is Moto X which has a shit camera imo and the lighting in my office is obnoxious.post #69057 of 787221/22/14 at 7:56ampost #69058 of 787221/22/14 at 8:08am
Just got 10 inches of snow here in the NYC area. So I'm well prepped today for work.
Turnbull & Asser flannel shirt. 3-button barrel cuff.
Classic Turnbull & Asser collar with Ralph Lauren Blue Label cashmere sweater in cream.
Turnbull & Asser navy horizontal striped corduroy trouser with Crockett & Jones Snowdon boot.post #69059 of 787221/22/14 at 8:12ampost #69060 of 787221/22/14 at 8:35am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 31 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › New Jeans (Gap Outlet & Lucky Retail) Smell Aweful after Drying... 2 minutes ago
- › Formosa x NMWA GMTO Operation Giacca Estiva Poll 2 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts Tokyo Slim Fit x2 BNWT 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...