It's good, jungleroller, but make it more classic -- argyle socks, a more pronouced repp, and if those are a poplin shirt and worsted trousers, then go for oxford cloth and flannel or cord/moleskin.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4598
Styleforum Top Pickspost #68957 of 787241/21/14 at 7:59ampost #68958 of 787241/21/14 at 8:02amQuote:
Everything but the bolded makes sense. I was thinking I should've gone a solid grenadine tie navy or burgundy. Thanks for the advice.post #68959 of 787241/21/14 at 8:04ampost #68960 of 787241/21/14 at 8:14amQuote:
I think he's suggesting that if you were going to go for a striped tie, then you should have made it bolder.
I think I agree with what your thoughts on what you should have done though!post #68961 of 787241/21/14 at 8:25amOriginally Posted by Pliny
This looks smashing; I think it's my fave outfit you've shown us.
A friend of a friend recently visited Egypt and returned with a custom fez (tarboosh) from allegedly the last remaining maker in Cairo. Want!post #68962 of 787241/21/14 at 8:28amQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
I'm at the coast of Morocco at the moment, going back to Marrakesh in a couple of days. It's truly an amazing city! I would recommend wearing clothing and footwear that you don't mind getting dirty, and pack a sweater or jacket for the evenings. For example, I'm wearing a linen shirt, navy chinos and loafers at the moment.
Do try the food stalls on the central square, and make a reservation at GastroMK in advance if you're looking for something nicer!
Thanks for the advice. As I'll be in London for four days prior to Morocco, I will be packing weather-appropriate clothes for that location as well, so jacket/sweater will be no problem. I will assume that dust is a major factor of life in a desert country, and I'm familiar from the American West and Southwest that dry climates cool off a lot more than humid ones once the sun goes down.
As it is, I'll be staying in the Palmeraie, outside of the medina, but with access to easy transport into/out of the city center.post #68963 of 787241/21/14 at 8:29ampost #68964 of 787241/21/14 at 8:38amQuote:
As you can see I opted for a different sc than the tweed herringbone but I'll try and work that into a fit for tomorrow.post #68965 of 787241/21/14 at 8:42ampost #68966 of 787241/21/14 at 8:50ampost #68967 of 787241/21/14 at 9:32ampost #68968 of 787241/21/14 at 9:40am
Colleagues: may I ask your indulgence for a question on SF etiquette?
Should I assume from the title of this thread ("What Are You Wearing Right Now") that it wouldn't be appropriate to post photos of something I'm thinking of wearing, say, tomorrow, but would like some opinions on before I do? If that is the case, where might I post such a thing? Would I be limited to the “Ask a Question” thread?
Acpost #68969 of 787241/21/14 at 9:40am
EDIT: Need to remember to post in the Casual Forum!
Every Tuesday I photograph cars for a local Toyota Dealership & The job requires comfort and usefulness.
Rig for today:
CANON 7D w/ 16-35mm f/2.8
L.L. Bean Norwegian Sweater
UK Made Waxed Cotton Coat
J&M Cashmere Lined Gloves
Black Watch Wool Scarf
RRL Black 5 Pocket Cords
Sorel Bean Bootspost #68970 of 787241/21/14 at 9:40am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › 2014 MLB Season Thread 42 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Arc'Teryx Soleus Run/Trail Run Shorts -- Medium 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoe P0rn. 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Rick Owens Detroit Jeans 4 minutes ago
- › ADIDAS Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)