Everything but the bolded makes sense. I was thinking I should've gone a solid grenadine tie navy or burgundy. Thanks for the advice.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4598post #68956 of 787221/21/14 at 8:02am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #68957 of 787221/21/14 at 8:04ampost #68958 of 787221/21/14 at 8:14amQuote:
I think he's suggesting that if you were going to go for a striped tie, then you should have made it bolder.
I think I agree with what your thoughts on what you should have done though!post #68959 of 787221/21/14 at 8:25amOriginally Posted by Pliny
This looks smashing; I think it's my fave outfit you've shown us.
A friend of a friend recently visited Egypt and returned with a custom fez (tarboosh) from allegedly the last remaining maker in Cairo. Want!post #68960 of 787221/21/14 at 8:28amQuote:Originally Posted by Monkeyface
I'm at the coast of Morocco at the moment, going back to Marrakesh in a couple of days. It's truly an amazing city! I would recommend wearing clothing and footwear that you don't mind getting dirty, and pack a sweater or jacket for the evenings. For example, I'm wearing a linen shirt, navy chinos and loafers at the moment.
Do try the food stalls on the central square, and make a reservation at GastroMK in advance if you're looking for something nicer!
Thanks for the advice. As I'll be in London for four days prior to Morocco, I will be packing weather-appropriate clothes for that location as well, so jacket/sweater will be no problem. I will assume that dust is a major factor of life in a desert country, and I'm familiar from the American West and Southwest that dry climates cool off a lot more than humid ones once the sun goes down.
As it is, I'll be staying in the Palmeraie, outside of the medina, but with access to easy transport into/out of the city center.post #68961 of 787221/21/14 at 8:29ampost #68962 of 787221/21/14 at 8:38amQuote:
As you can see I opted for a different sc than the tweed herringbone but I'll try and work that into a fit for tomorrow.post #68963 of 787221/21/14 at 8:42ampost #68964 of 787221/21/14 at 8:50ampost #68965 of 787221/21/14 at 9:32ampost #68966 of 787221/21/14 at 9:40am
Colleagues: may I ask your indulgence for a question on SF etiquette?
Should I assume from the title of this thread ("What Are You Wearing Right Now") that it wouldn't be appropriate to post photos of something I'm thinking of wearing, say, tomorrow, but would like some opinions on before I do? If that is the case, where might I post such a thing? Would I be limited to the “Ask a Question” thread?
Acpost #68967 of 787221/21/14 at 9:40am
EDIT: Need to remember to post in the Casual Forum!
Every Tuesday I photograph cars for a local Toyota Dealership & The job requires comfort and usefulness.
Rig for today:
CANON 7D w/ 16-35mm f/2.8
L.L. Bean Norwegian Sweater
UK Made Waxed Cotton Coat
J&M Cashmere Lined Gloves
Black Watch Wool Scarf
RRL Black 5 Pocket Cords
Sorel Bean Bootspost #68968 of 787221/21/14 at 9:40ampost #68969 of 787221/21/14 at 9:44ampost #68970 of 787221/21/14 at 9:46am
Thanks, Stitchie. I was thinking about wearing a really dark navy tie (Sam Hober Grenade) but this was the best that I got. People either just hate or love this suit. I don't understand why Zegna would sell such an unconventional suit. Peak lapels but narrow.
What do you mean "a head on angle?"
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Uniqlo Thread 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › Sportcoat: choosing from 2 fabrics 4 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...