Sure... 3 years more conviction at the gym and consistent sunbathing then I might have the guts to pull that off.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4592
Styleforum Top Pickspost #68867 of 787241/20/14 at 3:47am
Please don't pull them off. You want the "Streetwear and Denim" section. This is Classic Menswear. T-shirts, running shoes and logo'd underpants are not the thing. Go over to the other side, and I'd suggest starting your own thread. They will love it, I'm sure.post #68868 of 787241/20/14 at 3:53ampost #68869 of 787241/20/14 at 4:04ampost #68870 of 787241/20/14 at 4:07ampost #68871 of 787241/20/14 at 6:44ampost #68872 of 787241/20/14 at 6:51amQuote:Originally Posted by eviltimeban
New black Richard James tie. The only thing about this is the off white / cream colour in the tie, does it clash with the white shirt? I warmed up the look by wearing burgundy shoes rather than black.
I see what you mean. I'm not sure I'd say clash, but in a funny way "dingy" though not dirty dingy, if you know what I'm trying to get at.
If you are going to go slubby and stripey with the suit, why not then go for a light blue shirt (not too saturated).post #68873 of 787241/20/14 at 6:58am
ETB, that is an absolute lesson in when a light blue shirt is better: all that black/grey/white makes the shoes look incongruous rather than welcome colour, and the stripes in the tie look dirty. Light blue shirt with the tie's cream stripes on it would be delicious, and also bring your shoes into the game by adding some colour to the top. Yeah, apart from that you're beautiful.
Beautiful suit, HF. Something's bugging me about the shirt pattern with the big herringbone - a weird reference of scale somehow. But you're not wearing a tie with giant electric green lobsters on it, or an inexplicably fuchsia cardigan, so overall I think you're probably beautiful too. I won't mention your collar points because mine are also of the mildly south-facing variety today. :)post #68874 of 787241/20/14 at 7:02ampost #68875 of 787241/20/14 at 7:03ampost #68876 of 787241/20/14 at 7:16ampost #68877 of 787241/20/14 at 7:17am
Agree guys, I also feel the light blue would be better. I've a brand new Lewin one sitting in my wardrobe as well!
Clags, really like that shirt / tie combo. Never seen you in a suit though - do you always go SC / trousers?
That's a suit isn't it Holdfast? The lighting makes it look like two separates. I like the shirt / tie combo for sure.post #68878 of 787241/20/14 at 7:20amQuote:Originally Posted by Pingson
^Dammit Mimo, that would have been THE perfect tie for what I am wearing today. Eternally envious......
Details (Click to show)
Pingson, hard to see any reason for regrets here. The fun thing is that you could look good wearing this jacket in many different ways, as you do here, or wearing a forest green (perhaps even olive), textured tie (wool/grenadine) or even navy as mimo suggests. And any of those ties with this pocket square.
This is really an advertisement for why a few excellent jackets will get you very far (for those of us on a budget). Variety can then come from beautifully matched accessories. Again, well done my academic friend, you put me to shame.post #68879 of 787241/20/14 at 7:24amQuote:
Almost always. I used to need to wear a suit every day. Then I switched jobs and only needed to wear a suit occasionally. Now I need to wear a suit never (unless it's something involving a side job).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #68880 of 787241/20/14 at 7:28am
^ Ah yes I remember some of those fits now - especially the "English country gent" one. :-)
Funny, if given the choice I would always go with suits. Might be more of a European thing. Or at least, here in Dublin 99% of office workers wear suits (and about 50% of them are awful).
However you do always pull off a great SC / trousers look!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Things that are pissing you off. 53 seconds ago
- › The Official "What is Beckham Wearing" Thread 1 minute ago
- › farmers insurance agent- good career choice? 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 10 minutes ago
- › A visit to Sartoria Ripense, Roma-based bespoke tailoring house 16 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 16 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 19 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 19 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 24 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)