Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 2/18/14 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Le Noeud Papillon
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4592
Styleforum Top Picks
New black Richard James tie. The only thing about this is the off white / cream colour in the tie, does it clash with the white shirt? I warmed up the look by wearing burgundy shoes rather than black.
Tie detail (Click to show)
I see what you mean. I'm not sure I'd say clash, but in a funny way "dingy" though not dirty dingy, if you know what I'm trying to get at.
If you are going to go slubby and stripey with the suit, why not then go for a light blue shirt (not too saturated).
ETB, that is an absolute lesson in when a light blue shirt is better: all that black/grey/white makes the shoes look incongruous rather than welcome colour, and the stripes in the tie look dirty. Light blue shirt with the tie's cream stripes on it would be delicious, and also bring your shoes into the game by adding some colour to the top. Yeah, apart from that you're beautiful.
Beautiful suit, HF. Something's bugging me about the shirt pattern with the big herringbone - a weird reference of scale somehow. But you're not wearing a tie with giant electric green lobsters on it, or an inexplicably fuchsia cardigan, so overall I think you're probably beautiful too. I won't mention your collar points because mine are also of the mildly south-facing variety today. :)
Agree guys, I also feel the light blue would be better. I've a brand new Lewin one sitting in my wardrobe as well!
Clags, really like that shirt / tie combo. Never seen you in a suit though - do you always go SC / trousers?
That's a suit isn't it Holdfast? The lighting makes it look like two separates. I like the shirt / tie combo for sure.
^Dammit Mimo, that would have been THE perfect tie for what I am wearing today. Eternally envious......
Details (Click to show)
Pingson, hard to see any reason for regrets here. The fun thing is that you could look good wearing this jacket in many different ways, as you do here, or wearing a forest green (perhaps even olive), textured tie (wool/grenadine) or even navy as mimo suggests. And any of those ties with this pocket square.
This is really an advertisement for why a few excellent jackets will get you very far (for those of us on a budget). Variety can then come from beautifully matched accessories. Again, well done my academic friend, you put me to shame.
Almost always. I used to need to wear a suit every day. Then I switched jobs and only needed to wear a suit occasionally. Now I need to wear a suit never (unless it's something involving a side job).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 24 seconds ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE [ANDROGENESIS] – Closes Sunday, April 20th 25 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 55 seconds ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 1 minute ago
- › Why are people from New York such jerks? 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › SELL VISA MASTER CARD PAYPAL 2 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 3 minutes ago
- › A visit to PN\P Firenze 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw