Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4591
Styleforum Top Pickspost #68852 of 787231/20/14 at 12:55ampost #68853 of 787231/20/14 at 1:04amhey man, I like that tie with the suit-- if not already mentioned, could be that the similarity in scale between the dots and the stripes on your shirt is too close.
I always liked this line by flusser, seemed good advice:
•When mixing patterns of the same design, the size of each pattern has to be as different as possible. E.g. broad lines mixes with narrow thin lines
http://philippeperzi.com/shirt-and-tie-combinations-patterns/post #68854 of 787231/20/14 at 1:25ampost #68855 of 787231/20/14 at 1:31am
Erik, I got them from an english store: http://www.mossbros.se/Peter-Werth-N1-Cut-Grey-Matching-Flat-Fronted-Flannel-Trousers-965047117
I would have wanted an extra pair but my size has sold out.
Hard to beat for the price.
I also ordered a bunch of stuff from the now dead company Farrell. Great value. Got 4 trousers (the chinos are now 180 SEK per pair...), braces etc.
Glad you liked them.
Andreaspost #68856 of 787231/20/14 at 2:15ampost #68857 of 787231/20/14 at 2:41ampost #68858 of 787231/20/14 at 2:49am
The sun is washing out the colours a bit actually; the jacket's more brown and the tie a bit darker in most lights. I get your point, though. Having a completely contrasting PS is important, I think, when doing the whole autumnal shades thing, so that it doesn't become too muddy...
By the way, we don't see much of you these days, why you hiding your fierce windowpanes and bow ties?post #68859 of 787231/20/14 at 3:06ampost #68860 of 787231/20/14 at 3:31am
I think your perfect tie today might actually have been navy, cf this week's challenge, especially against that PS. Yeah, green too. But that's nice nonetheless!
Panta don't seem to have this kind of green in stock any more, just the brighter one.post #68861 of 787231/20/14 at 3:31ampost #68862 of 787231/20/14 at 3:39am
I am not sure how to put this without sounding like a spoiled rich vain brat but....
Here is what I have but sometimes I run out of ideas of how to pair my items... Yes you do get a bit confused when you have about 10 shades of blue T shirts but somehow they precisely don't always go with your pants etc...
I would love if someone could come up with ideas of certain pieces that I have not even thought of to be put together.
The thing I love and adore most is when people can put two clashing colors together and make them work... I am not bold enough to experiment with that heheh
so here goespost #68863 of 787231/20/14 at 3:41ampost #68864 of 787231/20/14 at 3:43ampost #68865 of 787231/20/14 at 3:45am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 3 seconds ago
- › Common Projects Tan Suede Derby - EU41 (US8) 38 seconds ago
- › General Bike Thread (Desiderata, questions, porn) 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › New Thread 8-16**Brooks Brothers Black Fleece... 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › " Tissot Watch Brand " Who owns this watch Brand ? and Do you... 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Opinions needed from those who live(d) in studio apartments 7 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)