Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4591post #68851 of 787221/20/14 at 12:55am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #68852 of 787221/20/14 at 1:04amhey man, I like that tie with the suit-- if not already mentioned, could be that the similarity in scale between the dots and the stripes on your shirt is too close.
I always liked this line by flusser, seemed good advice:
•When mixing patterns of the same design, the size of each pattern has to be as different as possible. E.g. broad lines mixes with narrow thin lines
http://philippeperzi.com/shirt-and-tie-combinations-patterns/post #68853 of 787221/20/14 at 1:25ampost #68854 of 787221/20/14 at 1:31am
Erik, I got them from an english store: http://www.mossbros.se/Peter-Werth-N1-Cut-Grey-Matching-Flat-Fronted-Flannel-Trousers-965047117
I would have wanted an extra pair but my size has sold out.
Hard to beat for the price.
I also ordered a bunch of stuff from the now dead company Farrell. Great value. Got 4 trousers (the chinos are now 180 SEK per pair...), braces etc.
Glad you liked them.
Andreaspost #68855 of 787221/20/14 at 2:15ampost #68856 of 787221/20/14 at 2:41ampost #68857 of 787221/20/14 at 2:49am
The sun is washing out the colours a bit actually; the jacket's more brown and the tie a bit darker in most lights. I get your point, though. Having a completely contrasting PS is important, I think, when doing the whole autumnal shades thing, so that it doesn't become too muddy...
By the way, we don't see much of you these days, why you hiding your fierce windowpanes and bow ties?post #68858 of 787221/20/14 at 3:06ampost #68859 of 787221/20/14 at 3:31am
I think your perfect tie today might actually have been navy, cf this week's challenge, especially against that PS. Yeah, green too. But that's nice nonetheless!
Panta don't seem to have this kind of green in stock any more, just the brighter one.post #68860 of 787221/20/14 at 3:31ampost #68861 of 787221/20/14 at 3:39am
I am not sure how to put this without sounding like a spoiled rich vain brat but....
Here is what I have but sometimes I run out of ideas of how to pair my items... Yes you do get a bit confused when you have about 10 shades of blue T shirts but somehow they precisely don't always go with your pants etc...
I would love if someone could come up with ideas of certain pieces that I have not even thought of to be put together.
The thing I love and adore most is when people can put two clashing colors together and make them work... I am not bold enough to experiment with that heheh
so here goespost #68862 of 787221/20/14 at 3:41ampost #68863 of 787221/20/14 at 3:43ampost #68864 of 787221/20/14 at 3:45ampost #68865 of 787221/20/14 at 3:47am
Please don't pull them off. You want the "Streetwear and Denim" section. This is Classic Menswear. T-shirts, running shoes and logo'd underpants are not the thing. Go over to the other side, and I'd suggest starting your own thread. They will love it, I'm sure.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › 2014 50 Book Challenge 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Frederick Scholte 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 5 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 10 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)