Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:31 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4590post #68836 of 787171/19/14 at 2:57pmpost #68837 of 787171/19/14 at 4:00pm
Hello again, gents. Today I wore this to church.
I listened to you guys advise and I took the tweed jacket to the tailor... This picture has a bit of an awkward pose and the quality isn't the greatest but I think it shows the new fit fine..
I took another one outside which looks much better..
The pants have a full-cut but I like the color and the material. I think I need a more aggressive tie to match the lapels.post #68838 of 787171/19/14 at 4:02pmpost #68839 of 787171/19/14 at 6:57pmpost #68840 of 787171/19/14 at 8:50pmQuote:
Anna Matuozzo shirt and diamond/silver cufflinks
Naked and Famous cashmere stretch jeans
Later - black sketchers, sheepskin coat and hat to go out:)post #68841 of 787171/19/14 at 10:17pmpost #68842 of 787171/19/14 at 10:26pmpost #68843 of 787171/19/14 at 10:48pmpost #68844 of 787171/19/14 at 11:08pmpost #68845 of 787171/20/14 at 12:06am
That's where you stand all day if you're sacking cox.
Noodles, tie looks nice actually - I mean, it was always OK, but I like it more on you than in isolation. What Henry & co said about the shirt is right, though: it's not that nice in itself, maybe work with one of your solids. But a pin dot tie is not a solid, and it's all angry with itself. And do your jacket up when standing. Slob.
But you're on the right track. Later I shall perhaps post a pic of a lovely green tie on a plain blue shirt. And you will nod, sagely.post #68846 of 787171/20/14 at 12:25ampost #68847 of 787171/20/14 at 12:55ampost #68848 of 787171/20/14 at 1:04amhey man, I like that tie with the suit-- if not already mentioned, could be that the similarity in scale between the dots and the stripes on your shirt is too close.
I always liked this line by flusser, seemed good advice:
•When mixing patterns of the same design, the size of each pattern has to be as different as possible. E.g. broad lines mixes with narrow thin lines
http://philippeperzi.com/shirt-and-tie-combinations-patterns/post #68849 of 787171/20/14 at 1:25ampost #68850 of 787171/20/14 at 1:31am
Erik, I got them from an english store: http://www.mossbros.se/Peter-Werth-N1-Cut-Grey-Matching-Flat-Fronted-Flannel-Trousers-965047117
I would have wanted an extra pair but my size has sold out.
Hard to beat for the price.
I also ordered a bunch of stuff from the now dead company Farrell. Great value. Got 4 trousers (the chinos are now 180 SEK per pair...), braces etc.
Glad you liked them.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 7 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 8 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 10 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › SUTOR MANTELLASSI Norwegian Blucher Size 9 (42) 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...