Beard and jeans hate is silly.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4588post #68806 of 787221/18/14 at 5:19pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #68807 of 787221/18/14 at 6:33pmFRIDAY CHALLENGE POLL IS UP!!!!
http://www.styleforum.net/t/376494/friday-challenge-01-17-2014-good-old-blue-on-blue-action-sup-rudals/0_20post #68808 of 787221/18/14 at 6:51pmpost #68809 of 787221/18/14 at 6:53pmpost #68810 of 787221/18/14 at 6:58pmpost #68811 of 787221/18/14 at 7:09pmpost #68812 of 787221/18/14 at 7:11pmpost #68813 of 787221/18/14 at 7:12pmpost #68814 of 787221/18/14 at 7:24pmpost #68815 of 787221/19/14 at 2:19ampost #68816 of 787221/19/14 at 5:20ampost #68817 of 787221/19/14 at 5:48am
Seeing as they posted one right after another, neither of them has taken their excessity it's to the point of being unique. Also, what is excessity? Do hipsters buy their excessities in the excessity department so that they can excessitize?post #68818 of 787221/19/14 at 8:50ampost #68819 of 787221/19/14 at 9:21ampost #68820 of 787221/19/14 at 9:41am
I'm all about the simple bare excessities.
Seriously, poor form to pick at someone's small error in their second language (how many of us write in a forum in a language that's not our own, and flawlessly?), but actually I'm delighted by the accidental invention of this word. "Excessities" is really what SF is all about: what we consider to be "simple", "getting the basics right" and indeed, "classic and timeless" - the mere baseline, that even in most formal office environments would be considered a vain excess: our "real ancient madders", carefully-selected merino suitcloth, our obsessively-sourced welted shoes and our care in choice of tailor, gorge and buttoning point. Vain, obsessive, extravagant and irrelevant to the many, and yet somehow vital to the few.
These are our excessities. Brilliant word, well done.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 34 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Scratches / holes on new boots 6 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 8 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 13 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 21 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 22 minutes ago
- › ***4th Annual SF 2014-2015 YAHOO! FANTASY B-BALL FANTASY LEAGUES*** 27 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...