Suit Supply experts--please assist!! January issue of Esquire...page 44...they show a suit from SS --grey with large purple windowpane...why can i not find that on SS website? Any suggestions? Looking for it in 48 reg. Thanks!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:57 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4585post #68761 of 787191/17/14 at 4:11pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #68762 of 787191/17/14 at 4:14pmQuote:Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey
Probably because of the combination of such a definitive statement ("Those beards do not represent an ideal for men to take after") followed by the clearly disingenuous claim that you are open-minded on the subject ("everyone is entitled to their taste").
At least that's the polite way of putting it.
You're correct. I should've contemplated my output once more before I hit the submit-button. As damage-control, I'd like to state that what I wrote wasn't meant to be definitive, nor was I trying to be open-minded. This is definitive.Quote:
Beard can be a great accessoary. Current fashionable stiles of beard don't appeal to me though.post #68763 of 787191/17/14 at 4:25pmQuote:
I'm not an expert on SuitSupply, you might try in this thread. But maybe that model is only available in Europe.post #68764 of 787191/17/14 at 5:08pmpost #68765 of 787191/17/14 at 5:40pmI......dunno....shirt and tie match so closely, kinda hard to tell where one ends and the other begins. Would it be possible to slim and shorten the trousers a bit, to give the appearance of longer legs? I use this method a lot, myself.post #68766 of 787191/17/14 at 6:12pmQuote:
Ha ha ha! It's looks like a train wreck in the picture, but I assure you that the tie and shirt are clearly defined in living color. I have not had this suit tailored yet. The waist needs 1" of trimming, and as such the pants are sliding down. It still does have more break than I'd like when properly positioned though. It's hard to find a flattering cameraman in a room full of biologists!post #68767 of 787191/17/14 at 6:21pmThat shirt is not meant to be worn with ties (at least, it isn't should its makers have any sense of responsibilty). A color that vivid, you'd be hard pressed to find a nice tie able to provide sufficient contrast.
That tie is....errrmmm....well looking past the merits of that tie, there isn't enough contrast, though I can see where the shirt ends and the tie begins.post #68768 of 787191/17/14 at 6:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
That shirt is not meant to be worn with ties (at least, it isn't should its makers have any sense of responsibilty). A color that vivid, you'd be hard pressed to find a nice tie able to provide sufficient contrast.
That tie is....errrmmm....well looking past the merits of that tie, there isn't enough contrast, though I can see where the shirt ends and the tie begins.
Yellow tie time!post #68769 of 787191/17/14 at 6:46pm
Those beards make me glad I shaved. I looked like "Beatnik #2."
RTC, you're learning much faster than I did.
This isn't a time. Not with bright blue/French blue shirts. Not since 1997. Unless you're Donald Trump. Even in that case, really, Donny, you can do better.
To paraphrase Vox, I went traipsing around a major metropolitan area dressed like an extra in All Creatures Great And Small today.post #68770 of 787191/17/14 at 8:09pmQuote:
I'm partial to the Hirst piece, but not generally a skulls man. I do appreciate your looking out for me, though!post #68771 of 787191/17/14 at 10:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by TweedyProf
I dig the large scale herringbone here! This is a vintage jacket?
From what I can tell, the color selection is nice, but I'm guessing: rust tie, brown herringbone and some green/burgundy in the square. If I guessed right, that's a good palette though not sure I would opt for a pink shirt. A bit too much color. then, but depends on how pink.
Some small thoughts for discussion: I'm not sold on the pattern in the square but I think tweed is hard. I also don't think that's the right tie for the jacket (too city). A solid with subtle texture would be better (a donegal wool tie might be nice with its speckled texture, or even a smaller herringbone; grenadine large weave would be an option). The jacket fits you better on the shoulder and hangs on your neck unlike what I remember from your last pic. The shoulders are good.
Last thought. Big lapels! They dwarf your tie, might want something more substantial on the tie front. With higher shirt collar (which you can and should take), a larger knot would really help balance the proportions here. Try a 9cm tie at least or double FIH. My two cents.
I might start rocking bow ties when I wear these tweed jackets. And yes, I have this donegal tweed jacket and another harris tweed jacket that were both made in the 70's. I think they beg for bow ties.post #68772 of 787191/17/14 at 11:28pmpost #68773 of 787191/17/14 at 11:38pmpost #68774 of 787191/18/14 at 12:01am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...