or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4585  

post #68761 of 78722

Don't you like these beards or beards in general?

Funny that men shouldn't take as ideal one of their most representative traits. 

post #68762 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post
 

 

Why man? :uhoh::(

 

Probably because of the combination of such a definitive statement ("Those beards do not represent an ideal for men to take after") followed by the clearly disingenuous claim that you are open-minded on the subject ("everyone is entitled to their taste").

 

At least that's the polite way of putting it.

post #68763 of 78722

Suit Supply experts--please assist!!  January issue of Esquire...page 44...they show a suit from SS --grey with large purple windowpane...why can i not find that on SS website?  Any suggestions?  Looking for it in 48 reg.  Thanks!!

post #68764 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post
 

 

Probably because of the combination of such a definitive statement ("Those beards do not represent an ideal for men to take after") followed by the clearly disingenuous claim that you are open-minded on the subject ("everyone is entitled to their taste").

 

At least that's the polite way of putting it.

 

You're correct. I should've contemplated my output once more before I hit the submit-button. As damage-control, I'd like to state that what I wrote wasn't meant to be definitive, nor was I trying to be open-minded. This is definitive.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by donChisciotte View Post
 

Don't you like these beards or beards in general?

Funny that men shouldn't take as ideal one of their most representative traits. 

 

Beard can be a great accessoary. Current fashionable stiles of beard don't appeal to me though. 

post #68765 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyDandy View Post
 

Suit Supply experts--please assist!!  January issue of Esquire...page 44...they show a suit from SS --grey with large purple windowpane...why can i not find that on SS website?  Any suggestions?  Looking for it in 48 reg.  Thanks!!

 

I'm not an expert on SuitSupply, you might try in this thread. But maybe that model is only available in Europe. 

post #68766 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Couple days old



Gdl I assume everything was or is available at NMWA? Nice look.
post #68767 of 78722
I......dunno....shirt and tie match so closely, kinda hard to tell where one ends and the other begins. Would it be possible to slim and shorten the trousers a bit, to give the appearance of longer legs? I use this method a lot, myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bleeb View Post

Dag Nabbit! Smartphone fail...... Here it is. A nice Sammy 140s blue pinstripe and Hardy Amies tie.


post #68768 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Foxx View Post

I......dunno....shirt and tie match so closely, kinda hard to tell where one ends and the other begins. Would it be possible to slim and shorten the trousers a bit, to give the appearance of longer legs? I use this method a lot, myself.


Ha ha ha! It's looks like a train wreck in the picture, but I assure you that the tie and shirt are clearly defined in living color. I have not had this suit tailored yet. The waist needs 1" of trimming, and as such the pants are sliding down. It still does have more break than I'd like when properly positioned though. It's hard to find a flattering cameraman in a room full of biologists!

post #68769 of 78722
That shirt is not meant to be worn with ties (at least, it isn't should its makers have any sense of responsibilty). A color that vivid, you'd be hard pressed to find a nice tie able to provide sufficient contrast.

That tie is....errrmmm....well looking past the merits of that tie, there isn't enough contrast, though I can see where the shirt ends and the tie begins.
post #68770 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

That shirt is not meant to be worn with ties (at least, it isn't should its makers have any sense of responsibilty). A color that vivid, you'd be hard pressed to find a nice tie able to provide sufficient contrast.

That tie is....errrmmm....well looking past the merits of that tie, there isn't enough contrast, though I can see where the shirt ends and the tie begins.


Yellow tie time!

post #68771 of 78722

Those beards make me glad I shaved. I looked like "Beatnik #2."

 

AAS, awesome.

 

RTC, you're learning much faster than I did.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bleeb View Post
 


Yellow tie time!


This isn't a time. Not with bright blue/French blue shirts. Not since 1997. Unless you're Donald Trump. Even in that case, really, Donny, you can do better.

 

To paraphrase Vox, I went traipsing around a major metropolitan area dressed like an extra in All Creatures Great And Small today.

 

post #68772 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Sugarbutch, liken that very much, as ever.


Saw these today and thought of you (Paul Smith GB£70 in Selfridges) Didn't pull the trigger to send as unsure if they roll your way LMK


AppleMark

I'm partial to the Hirst piece, but not generally a skulls man. smile.gif I do appreciate your looking out for me, though!
post #68773 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post
 

I dig the large scale herringbone here! This is a vintage jacket?

 

From what I can tell, the color selection is nice, but I'm guessing: rust tie, brown herringbone and some green/burgundy in the square. If I guessed right, that's a good palette though not sure I would opt for a pink shirt. A bit too much color. then, but depends on how pink.

 

Some small thoughts for discussion: I'm not sold on the pattern in the square but I think tweed is hard. I also don't think that's the right tie for the jacket (too city). A solid with subtle texture would be better (a donegal wool tie might be nice with its speckled texture, or even a smaller herringbone; grenadine large weave would be an option). The jacket fits you better on the shoulder and hangs on your neck unlike what I remember from your last pic. The shoulders are good.

 

Last thought. Big lapels! They dwarf your tie, might want something more substantial on the tie front. With higher shirt collar (which you can and should take), a larger knot would really help balance the proportions here. Try a 9cm tie at least or double FIH. My two cents.


I might start rocking bow ties when I wear these tweed jackets. And yes, I have this donegal tweed jacket and another harris tweed jacket that were both made in the 70's. I think they beg for bow ties.

post #68774 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexSF View Post
 

 

An excellent example of how life is better without denim.

post #68775 of 78722

Thanks for all the thumbs yesterdag, guys. Make me want to post more pictures.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III