Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:57 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4584post #68746 of 787191/17/14 at 1:40pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #68747 of 787191/17/14 at 1:44pmpost #68748 of 787191/17/14 at 1:52pmpost #68749 of 787191/17/14 at 2:24pmpost #68750 of 787191/17/14 at 2:43pmpost #68751 of 787191/17/14 at 2:48pmpost #68752 of 787191/17/14 at 3:01pm
This is really great, Alex. An excellent semi-casual fit.
Very, very nice GDL. The collar on that shirt is interesting, high with a very nice role for a spread collar. Details?post #68753 of 787191/17/14 at 3:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by Academic2
(2) You wrote: "I do have to ask what occasion it is for. There are some business situations where it would definitely not be a good idea to wear it"
I'm a university professor. That's what I wore to work yesterday. It's pretty typical for me, actually, especially on days when I'm lecturing. Took the photos once I got home yesterday (one reason why there's less natural light than I would have liked).
You're quite astute to ask about the context, which isn't always considered, and I'm glad that you did. That's why I don't wear a pocket square. I like them and would love to wear them, but they would be out of bounds on my campus. I'm not sure that even my tenure could save me if I wore one ...
My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment. It's very much appreciated.
Well, the 3-piece with lapels on the vest is certainly OK for a professor...if not a professor, then who? Check out our esteemed member Pingson who is also a professor who wears that look (quite spectacularly) often.
It is nice that you set a good example for your student.post #68754 of 787191/17/14 at 3:13pmpost #68755 of 787191/17/14 at 3:26pmpost #68756 of 787191/17/14 at 3:54pmpost #68757 of 787191/17/14 at 3:58pmpost #68758 of 787191/17/14 at 3:59pmpost #68759 of 787191/17/14 at 4:04pmpost #68760 of 787191/17/14 at 4:07pm
Probably because of the combination of such a definitive statement ("Those beards do not represent an ideal for men to take after") followed by the clearly disingenuous claim that you are open-minded on the subject ("everyone is entitled to their taste").
At least that's the polite way of putting it.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 42 seconds ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › thoughts on (asking for) price adjustments. 8 minutes ago
- › Random Food Questions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...