or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4584  

post #68746 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post


It's overall quite a snappy look. There are such things as StyleForum nit-picks...which I will not go into here. But even to a casual observer, your shirt cuffs are WAAAAAY too long....so long, I can't even see where the suit sleeves should land.


As I appreciate the fact that you have the "inseam" to show off a three-piece, I do have to ask what occasion it is for. There are some business situations where it would definitely not be a good idea to wear it.

 

(1)  You're right about the shirt, of course.  This was quite hastily put together.  Independently of that problem I've also put on a small amount of weight in my middle since I bought this suit about five years ago, so the fit in that area is a bit worse than it used to be.

 

(2)   You wrote:  "I do have to ask what occasion it is for. There are some business situations where it would definitely not be a good idea to wear it"

 

I'm a university professor.  That's what I wore to work yesterday.  It's pretty typical for me, actually, especially on days when I'm lecturing.  Took the photos once I got home yesterday (one reason why there's less natural light than I would have liked). 

 

You're quite astute to ask about the context, which isn't always considered, and I'm glad that you did.  That's why I don't wear a pocket square.  I like them and would love to wear them, but they would be out of bounds on my campus.  I'm not sure that even my tenure could save me if I wore one ...

 

My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment.  It's very much appreciated.

 

Cheers,

 

Ac

post #68747 of 78724

Wow, I gotta say it.. today is a good day! The fits today are so on point its crazy! From Stitchy to Sug to Sanders, just to name a few.. this is best day of fits I have seen in a while.. Kudos gentlemen!

post #68748 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocsosa View Post
 

Wow, I gotta say it.. today is a good day! The fits today are so on point its crazy! From Stitchy to Sug to Sanders, just to name a few.. this is best day of fits I have seen in a while.. Kudos gentlemen!

 

Truth.  It's making me feel like a real bum in my plaid pyjama pants, and cheap polo shirt.

post #68749 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheGroom View Post
 

 

Truth.  It's making me feel like a real bum in my plaid pyjama pants, and cheap polo shirt.

Still healing from the Anaheim game?  ;) If you're a Canucks fan that is.  We're (like I'm part of the team/Chicago) playing them tonight hopefully to better results.  

post #68750 of 78724

Ready for the weekend.  

 

 

post #68751 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post
 

Still healing from the Anaheim game?  ;) If you're a Canucks fan that is.  We're (like I'm part of the team/Chicago) playing them tonight hopefully to better results.  

 

I'm from Toronto, so I'm still happy about the Buffalo game. :)

post #68752 of 78724
Couple days old


post #68753 of 78724

post #68754 of 78724
Those beards makes me feel inadequate as a man.
post #68755 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfn View Post

Those beards makes me feel inadequate as a man.

Those beards make my wanna be beard look like a babys ass.

post #68756 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexSF View Post

Eidos Napoli
Kamakura
Equus
Rugby RL
Loake
 

 

This is really great, Alex. An excellent semi-casual fit.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Couple days old

 

Very, very nice GDL. The collar on that shirt is interesting, high with a very nice role for a spread collar. Details?

post #68757 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Academic2 View Post



(2)   You wrote:  "I do have to ask what occasion it is for. There are some business situations where it would definitely not be a good idea to wear it"

I'm a university professor.  That's what I wore to work yesterday.  It's pretty typical for me, actually, especially on days when I'm lecturing.  Took the photos once I got home yesterday (one reason why there's less natural light than I would have liked). 

You're quite astute to ask about the context, which isn't always considered, and I'm glad that you did.  That's why I don't wear a pocket square.  I like them and would love to wear them, but they would be out of bounds on my campus.  I'm not sure that even my tenure could save me if I wore one ...

My sincere thanks for taking the time to comment.  It's very much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ac

Well, the 3-piece with lapels on the vest is certainly OK for a professor...if not a professor, then who? Check out our esteemed member Pingson who is also a professor who wears that look (quite spectacularly) often.

It is nice that you set a good example for your student.
post #68758 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfn View Post

Those beards makes me feel inadequate as a man.

Stop shaving for two-three months then.

post #68759 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

 

 

The rule where you actually post a picture, presumably? :)

 

Dag Nabbit! Smartphone fail...... Here it is. A nice Sammy 140s blue pinstripe and Hardy Amies tie.

 

post #68760 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfn View Post

Those beards makes me feel inadequate as a man.

 

Those beards do not represent an ideal for men to take after. Personally I find them apalling but everyone is entitled to their taste.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III