thank you Gianni- the tie is Cappelli- love that guy
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4581
Styleforum Top Pickspost #68702 of 787231/17/14 at 3:03am
Hey guys, long time no see! Many great fits here, lately
Short visit to the home country last week, so finally a chance to wear something else than linen and fresco wool.
Apologies for the poor quality pic and the sloppy tie knot: end of a long day. And my PS was camera shy...
Textures and colours can better be appreciated in this photo:post #68703 of 787231/17/14 at 3:31ampost #68704 of 787231/17/14 at 3:49amThe morning after the night before. After an evening of office revelry, I find that I have an 8:00 AM conference call - feh. For this event, and because it's Friday, I'm recycling an outfit which I wore to brunch last Saturday - significantly more casual than yesterday's attire.
Sports jackets, tie, trousers, shoes, and cap - BB
Shirt - LE
PS - Robert Talbott
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Thomas Farthing, London
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #68705 of 787231/17/14 at 3:51ampost #68706 of 787231/17/14 at 4:07ampost #68707 of 787231/17/14 at 4:26ampost #68708 of 787231/17/14 at 5:15ampost #68709 of 787231/17/14 at 5:16am
X-post from the challenge thread:
Quote:Originally Posted by sansimeon
First time participating in a challenge! Sorry about the pics, no daylight today
Navy sc, tie, suspenders, socks, ps (at least partially) Light blue shirt.
Details (Click to show)
post #68710 of 787231/17/14 at 5:50ampost #68711 of 787231/17/14 at 6:19amQuote:Originally Posted by ridethecliche
Keeping the pink shirt synergy going.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Err. Image editing washed out the shirt, but it's a pink prl shirt.
That's after image editing? Gotta work that colour temp a little more, you need to cool the picture quite a lot.......post #68712 of 787231/17/14 at 6:30ampost #68713 of 787231/17/14 at 6:59amQuote:
I dig the large scale herringbone here! This is a vintage jacket?
From what I can tell, the color selection is nice, but I'm guessing: rust tie, brown herringbone and some green/burgundy in the square. If I guessed right, that's a good palette though not sure I would opt for a pink shirt. A bit too much color. then, but depends on how pink.
Some small thoughts for discussion: I'm not sold on the pattern in the square but I think tweed is hard. I also don't think that's the right tie for the jacket (too city). A solid with subtle texture would be better (a donegal wool tie might be nice with its speckled texture, or even a smaller herringbone; grenadine large weave would be an option). The jacket fits you better on the shoulder and hangs on your neck unlike what I remember from your last pic. The shoulders are good.
Last thought. Big lapels! They dwarf your tie, might want something more substantial on the tie front. With higher shirt collar (which you can and should take), a larger knot would really help balance the proportions here. Try a 9cm tie at least or double FIH. My two cents.post #68714 of 787231/17/14 at 7:17am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 15 seconds ago
- › FS: Undercover x Hysteric Glamour artisanal cargo pants 2 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 6 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › The multi-pattern Good Taste Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...