Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:50 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4581
Styleforum Top Pickspost #68702 of 787211/17/14 at 3:49amThe morning after the night before. After an evening of office revelry, I find that I have an 8:00 AM conference call - feh. For this event, and because it's Friday, I'm recycling an outfit which I wore to brunch last Saturday - significantly more casual than yesterday's attire.
Sports jackets, tie, trousers, shoes, and cap - BB
Shirt - LE
PS - Robert Talbott
Overcoat - Joseph Abboud
Scarf - Thomas Farthing, London
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #68703 of 787211/17/14 at 3:51ampost #68704 of 787211/17/14 at 4:07ampost #68705 of 787211/17/14 at 4:26ampost #68706 of 787211/17/14 at 5:15ampost #68707 of 787211/17/14 at 5:16am
X-post from the challenge thread:
Quote:Originally Posted by sansimeon
First time participating in a challenge! Sorry about the pics, no daylight today
Navy sc, tie, suspenders, socks, ps (at least partially) Light blue shirt.
Details (Click to show)
post #68708 of 787211/17/14 at 5:50ampost #68709 of 787211/17/14 at 6:19amQuote:Originally Posted by ridethecliche
Keeping the pink shirt synergy going.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Err. Image editing washed out the shirt, but it's a pink prl shirt.
That's after image editing? Gotta work that colour temp a little more, you need to cool the picture quite a lot.......post #68710 of 787211/17/14 at 6:30ampost #68711 of 787211/17/14 at 6:59amQuote:
I dig the large scale herringbone here! This is a vintage jacket?
From what I can tell, the color selection is nice, but I'm guessing: rust tie, brown herringbone and some green/burgundy in the square. If I guessed right, that's a good palette though not sure I would opt for a pink shirt. A bit too much color. then, but depends on how pink.
Some small thoughts for discussion: I'm not sold on the pattern in the square but I think tweed is hard. I also don't think that's the right tie for the jacket (too city). A solid with subtle texture would be better (a donegal wool tie might be nice with its speckled texture, or even a smaller herringbone; grenadine large weave would be an option). The jacket fits you better on the shoulder and hangs on your neck unlike what I remember from your last pic. The shoulders are good.
Last thought. Big lapels! They dwarf your tie, might want something more substantial on the tie front. With higher shirt collar (which you can and should take), a larger knot would really help balance the proportions here. Try a 9cm tie at least or double FIH. My two cents.post #68712 of 787211/17/14 at 7:17ampost #68713 of 787211/17/14 at 7:26ampost #68714 of 787211/17/14 at 7:35am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 27 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 35 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 47 minutes ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE - ONE PIECE TWO WAYS - VOTING 50 minutes ago
- › Cheaney 54 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...