Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:08 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4578post #68656 of 787171/16/14 at 2:05pmpost #68657 of 787171/16/14 at 2:19pmQuote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post
All the ties that were in my closet were navy blue before I joined SF and now I have just that one left. I've diversified. I am not really happy with the whole look. Unfortunately, this look isn't as result of the tie thread. This used to be my go to look. Boring and reserved. I'll post a pic tomorrow that is the result of the tie thread.
That ain't navy. It's royal blue. I like the texture, and the pairing with the grid check shirt.
If that's what you held on to, you picked a good one.post #68658 of 787171/16/14 at 2:19pmpost #68659 of 787171/16/14 at 2:29pmpost #68660 of 787171/16/14 at 2:30pmpost #68661 of 787171/16/14 at 2:36pmpost #68662 of 787171/16/14 at 2:37pmpost #68663 of 787171/16/14 at 3:03pmpost #68664 of 787171/16/14 at 3:28pmpost #68665 of 787171/16/14 at 3:36pmpost #68666 of 787171/16/14 at 4:03pm
^ Looks good, Matt.
Hmm... I must be confused between the type of silk and where it is made. Can you explain the difference?
Also is the shirt you wore white or ecru?
Thanks, very happy with my purchase. Except for the customs I got hit with yesterday.Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by TweedyProf
I think that looks quite nice, CD, but as an alternative, how about a square with larger dots (Evil had something some pages back). Not pindots. Perhaps brown with skyblue dots, would resonate nicely with the suede tassle's and the shirt (nice roll!). Would be casual, and accent some of your colors.
Isn't it warm enough where you are to go sockless (though not too warm for the coat, I guess)?
Good ideas both, thanks!
It is quite warm here, but I wouldn't go sockless for three reasons: 1) I feel a little odd not wearing socks in January, 2) my house is quite chilly (for LA) in the morning so I always end up dressed a little warmer than necessary for that day's weather and 3) I would not feel comfortable going sockless in my office despite it's lack of strict dress code.
It is an 80/20 blend of cashmere and goat hair from Sartoria Partenopea that I thrifted it a few weeks back.post #68667 of 787171/16/14 at 4:03pmpost #68668 of 787171/16/14 at 4:13pmpost #68669 of 787171/16/14 at 4:23pmpost #68670 of 787171/16/14 at 4:25pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 22 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 55 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 1 minute ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Viberg Service Boot - Size 10 - CXL Colour 8 - Brooklyn Clothing +... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...