or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4550  

post #68236 of 78722




At the end of a very long day, this is what the new Lazio suit looked like on its maiden voyage

My phone camera is unable to do justice to the rich colors of this fabric: brown, grey, and blue.. The tie base color is brown.

And here is the controversial trouser length and cuff:


Thanks, all, for the comments and suggestions.
Edited by clarinetplayer - 1/12/14 at 3:18am
post #68237 of 78722
CP, nod[1].gif
post #68238 of 78722
GMMcL, is that Stitchy's jacket?

Jungle, I'm not generally keen on teal, so I'm not the right person to ask.
post #68239 of 78722
AAS, who you calling short?

post #68240 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

GMMcL, is that Stitchy's jacket?

Jungle, I'm not generally keen on teal, so I'm not the right person to ask.

Its entirely possible, since I think it was found secondhand not far from his demesne.

Why do I detect a tone of disapproval?
post #68241 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Thank you very much, CD. I like those browns, but I think you could use a little less waist suppression there.

 

Thanks, I'm currently working on reducing the waist portion underneath the jacket to avoid tailoring fees. 

post #68242 of 78722
No disapproval at all. It's just a distinctive piece.
post #68243 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post

Only one pattern today.  icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

It was super cold today in NYC.  Had to layer up.  

I also got some new pants from Uniqlo.  Both are tweedy grey 80% wool.  Not bad for $50.  I was hoping the top pair would be lighter, but I don't have many heavyweight pants so I'll keep them.  I have to get these to the tailor along with a few other items.  
New pants. (Click to show)





Layers. (Click to show)

















Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)










Pants, cardigan, and sport coat from Uniqlo.  

Trying for the right descriptor - too many come to mind.

Very quitely classic, Acute. Well done.
post #68244 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianni Cerutti View Post
 

 

Yesterday at Pitti ... with quite a lot of colors I wear .... but I like ... I choose everything according to my instincts ... and everything is made ​​in bespoke Pirozzi.

 

Obviously vintage tie and pocket square me-I have made​​. Then made ​​in Passaggio Cravatte

 

Gianni, in my view, this would have been perfect if it had been a grey flannel suit (like the jacket). The yellow trousers, while they are beautiful in themselves and would work in a summer outfit or with a different colour coat, are just too reminscent of Ronald McDonald with the (also lovely) red coat.

post #68245 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Clags: Should I be insulted that you’ve not invited me to discuss shit civilly? I mean, I’m trying not to be insulted, but…
 

I didn't think you were capable of having a civil conversation when it comes to cuffing pants. I'm sure after the second sentence you'd be ranting about how the Cuffless killed Jesus.

post #68246 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

AAS, who you calling short?
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I thought you were 5'9" too.  No?  Also, I said you look short not that you are short.  Important distinction.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcam8 View Post


Trying for the right descriptor - too many come to mind.

Very quitely classic, Acute. Well done.

Thanks.  

post #68247 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post
 

Glad to hear it.  N.B. NOBD looks good today.  Just sayin' :smarmy:

My friend, NOBD looks good EVERY day...the bastid.  

 

Just sayin.

post #68248 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

AAS, who you calling short?

  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I thought you were 5'9" too.  No?  Also, I said you look short not that you are short.  Important distinction.  

I'm 5'8" you giant! No need to lord it over those of smaller stature... smile.gif

[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Clags: Should I be insulted that you’ve not invited me to discuss shit civilly? I mean, I’m trying not to be insulted, but…

 
I didn't think you were capable of having a civil conversation when it comes to cuffing pants. I'm sure after the second sentence you'd be ranting about how the Cuffless killed Jesus.

Sir. I do not rant. And I think cuffless pants are completely appropriate in some situations. So, I now know that I should be insulted.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
post #68249 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianni Cerutti View Post




Yesterday at Pitti ... with quite a lot of colors I wear .... but I like ... I choose everything according to my instincts ... and everything is made ​​in bespoke Pirozzi.

Obviously vintage tie and pocket square me-I have made​​. Then made ​​in Passaggio Cravatte

I like bold and colourful, but all I can think of when I see this is condiments.
post #68250 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianni Cerutti View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Yesterday at Pitti ... with quite a lot of colors I wear .... but I like ... I choose everything according to my instincts ... and everything is made ​​in bespoke Pirozzi.

Obviously vintage tie and pocket square me-I have made​​. Then made ​​in Passaggio Cravatte

Let's revive this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilig View Post

What I wore today for work:
 
- G.abo Napoli jacket
- Morris Heritage shirt, tie and sleeveless cardigan
- Rubinacci Pochette
- Oscar Jacobson Trouser
- DèPio socks
- Cleverley Tassels


Too poor to afford a nice watch, so let us just all imagine there's a Vacheron Constantin on that wrist.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


There certainly are quite a few well dressed Swedes posting here. thumbs-up.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III