Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4548
Styleforum Top Pickspost #68207 of 787231/10/14 at 8:39ampost #68208 of 787231/10/14 at 8:40ampost #68209 of 787231/10/14 at 8:56ampost #68210 of 787231/10/14 at 8:59amQuote:
IMO your jacket collar could lie snugger & tighter your neck. The effect created is one of wanting to tug both lapels inwards around gorge height to get it looking perfect. That's the loose bit. The low bit may not apply at all; it's difficult to be sure of from the photo as we can't see all of your neck. If it were the case, the collar would sit lower than it should around the neck and fall away rapidly at the sides, giving the impression of looseness, but which would be fixed if you yanked the collar up a bit so it sits a bit higher on you around the neck. You can test that one out for yourself.Originally Posted by arnathor
Good taste for the combination?
Do you think the collar length to short for my neck?
Shirt collar could be a bit higher, sure. But it's not egregious. Point length seems ok-ish, but if it were higher, you'd need longer points too, to compensate.
I leave it to others to judge taste. I happen to find the colours nice enough, but they do make me think of Windows 3.11 a bit.post #68211 of 787231/10/14 at 9:04ampost #68212 of 787231/10/14 at 9:40ampost #68213 of 787231/10/14 at 9:51ampost #68214 of 787231/10/14 at 11:28amClags: Should I be insulted that you’ve not invited me to discuss shit civilly? I mean, I’m trying not to be insulted, but…
Pingson: Fucking excellent. mimo, zip it.
Jungle: Generally good, but a missed opportunity on the tie. Another color, a bit more contrast would have been great
DC: Jacket and jumper are just too much. Nice hank, though…
Doc: Nicely understated but still with some of your flair
ubr: Nice to have a fellow iGent around to take good fit pics, isn’t it?post #68215 of 787231/10/14 at 11:30ampost #68216 of 787231/10/14 at 11:52amQuote:
Please tell me you arrived in a giant hotdog.
Edited by Cantabrigian - 1/10/14 at 12:22pmpost #68217 of 787231/10/14 at 11:59amQuote:
We are working on right now. I need to get some pics for it over the weekend and hopefully Clags will post next week!Quote:Stitchy:
thanks!!post #68218 of 787231/10/14 at 12:01pmpost #68219 of 787231/10/14 at 12:02pmQuote:
I agree, unfortunately I'm lacking a proper tie for this suit at the moment. I went through about 7 options last night with @TweedyProf and although navy was going to be my safe choice, I opted for dark green with navy dots. I already have some good options on the back burner that I'm working on purchasing.
Tie options? (Click to show)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › What music are you listening to lately? 25 seconds ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 16 minutes ago
- › ***4th Annual SF 2014-2015 YAHOO! FANTASY B-BALL FANTASY LEAGUES*** 16 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 19 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 20 minutes ago
- › Some outfit help appreciated 21 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...