Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:30 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4548post #68206 of 787191/10/14 at 8:56am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #68207 of 787191/10/14 at 8:59amQuote:
IMO your jacket collar could lie snugger & tighter your neck. The effect created is one of wanting to tug both lapels inwards around gorge height to get it looking perfect. That's the loose bit. The low bit may not apply at all; it's difficult to be sure of from the photo as we can't see all of your neck. If it were the case, the collar would sit lower than it should around the neck and fall away rapidly at the sides, giving the impression of looseness, but which would be fixed if you yanked the collar up a bit so it sits a bit higher on you around the neck. You can test that one out for yourself.Originally Posted by arnathor
Good taste for the combination?
Do you think the collar length to short for my neck?
Shirt collar could be a bit higher, sure. But it's not egregious. Point length seems ok-ish, but if it were higher, you'd need longer points too, to compensate.
I leave it to others to judge taste. I happen to find the colours nice enough, but they do make me think of Windows 3.11 a bit.post #68208 of 787191/10/14 at 9:04ampost #68209 of 787191/10/14 at 9:40ampost #68210 of 787191/10/14 at 9:51ampost #68211 of 787191/10/14 at 11:28amClags: Should I be insulted that you’ve not invited me to discuss shit civilly? I mean, I’m trying not to be insulted, but…
Pingson: Fucking excellent. mimo, zip it.
Jungle: Generally good, but a missed opportunity on the tie. Another color, a bit more contrast would have been great
DC: Jacket and jumper are just too much. Nice hank, though…
Doc: Nicely understated but still with some of your flair
ubr: Nice to have a fellow iGent around to take good fit pics, isn’t it?post #68212 of 787191/10/14 at 11:30ampost #68213 of 787191/10/14 at 11:52amQuote:
Please tell me you arrived in a giant hotdog.
Edited by Cantabrigian - 1/10/14 at 12:22pmpost #68214 of 787191/10/14 at 11:59amQuote:
We are working on right now. I need to get some pics for it over the weekend and hopefully Clags will post next week!Quote:Stitchy:
thanks!!post #68215 of 787191/10/14 at 12:01pmpost #68216 of 787191/10/14 at 12:02pmQuote:
I agree, unfortunately I'm lacking a proper tie for this suit at the moment. I went through about 7 options last night with @TweedyProf and although navy was going to be my safe choice, I opted for dark green with navy dots. I already have some good options on the back burner that I'm working on purchasing.
Tie options? (Click to show)
post #68217 of 787191/10/14 at 12:06pmpost #68218 of 787191/10/14 at 12:07pmpost #68219 of 787191/10/14 at 12:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by junglerollerQuote:
I agree, unfortunately I'm lacking a proper tie for this suit at the moment. I went through about 7 options last night with @TweedyProf
and although navy was going to be my safe choice, I opted for dark green with navy dots. I already have some good options on the back burner that I'm working on purchasing.
Tie options? (Click to show)
Navy Tie (Click to show)
Wait. That's dark green with navy dots? It looks like taupe with dark gray dots. Get us some color correction, man! Anyway, any of those three ties would be an improvement.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 47 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 53 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › GMTO Awesome Carmina Polo Suede Semi-Brogue, Rain Last, perfect for... 3 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 7 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 7 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren Marlow Tassel Loafer 9E Crockett & Jones 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...