Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:51 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4533post #67981 of 787171/8/14 at 1:15pmpost #67982 of 787171/8/14 at 1:17pmQuote:
nice nerdy post, tits. in short, horses for courses and it all depends on your definition of things.
nice fit, SB. i have a hard time with GP/PoW suits/jackets and ties that have that much going on. it looks great from a distance as most smaller suit pattern GP/PoWs dissolve to solid, but close up i am always unsure. ymmv i guess.post #67983 of 787171/8/14 at 1:20pmpost #67984 of 787171/8/14 at 2:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
What would be my choice for more casual outings? Well, a suit. I just made a commitment to it a long time ago and that's what I wear. "Casual outing" pretty much doesn't exist in my world. Not that I don't do anything causal, I just feel more comfortable wearing a suit in more situations than most people. Says nothing about the character of me or anybody else, but it is just what I do. So, I guess to your question, wear chinos, wear cords, wear flannel trousers. Polos don't really exist in my world either. Just stupid apparel, where there are better choices out there. Again, not easy easy or cheap choices, but they are nonetheless choices. Just be comfortable with that choice you make and don't let context play as a rationalization for such a choice.
PB You just outed yourself
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Personally, my life outside of work/business is as far from suits as one can get. I'll never be that guy wearing ties/suits on the weekend (and I have more reason to than most!). My leisure time though is geared around family time (hint: don't wear suits when your around babies the dry cleaning bills will skyrocket), keeping fit and generally being in the outdoors (cycling, fly fishing etc etc), so I dress for whatever I'm doing at the time.
But back to tailored clothing...
Today, green for grenadine. White balance is a bit off suit is a bit lighter navy IRL.
Shirt: Henry Carter
Tie: Henry Carter
Carmina brown captoes on the bottompost #67985 of 787171/8/14 at 2:03pmpost #67986 of 787171/8/14 at 2:07pmpost #67987 of 787171/8/14 at 2:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by gavspen
Well, assuming you wore as much as possible, just the left over 7 shirts and 5 pairs of pants would be more than I could stuff in a carry on, not to mention 1 pair of shoes and 1 cardigan, whatever else I let out, all the accessories and (hopefully) five days worth of under ware and socks. Either your bag is Tardis-like or you stole you wife's baggage space. I'm figuring the latter, you cad!
You need to work on your packing game or get a better suitcase. I got all that in there and then some.Quote:Originally Posted by ridethecliche
Maybe it's the angle of the photo, but it feels like the the lapel starts to roll too high on your chest and seems a little unbalanced. I like the location of the gorges, but the button stance and start of lapel seem too high. They don't quite seem to lay flat. Maybe ironing with a towel over them would help? They look 'ruffled' if that makes any sense...
Like I said, it might just be the camera angle.
The button stance is high and it's a 3 button jacket. I rolled the lapels my self. They lapels are very 3D, but I like it.post #67988 of 787171/8/14 at 2:40pmpost #67989 of 787171/8/14 at 3:04pmpost #67990 of 787171/8/14 at 3:23pmpost #67991 of 787171/8/14 at 3:27pmpost #67992 of 787171/8/14 at 3:33pmpost #67993 of 787171/8/14 at 3:39pmQuote:
Thanks, PB. Good to have you posting on here with consistency. I agree on your picked nit, this seems to be a problem for me with a lot of my OCBDs.Quote:
Ah, point taken.
Nice as usual, HC.Quote:
I can't quite put my finger on what troubles me about this fit, as I don't really have a problem with any individual piece. maybe it's that I don't really like squares on my ties? it gives off a bit of a 90's vibe, although this one is certainly better than most.
I know you probably think these are boring, but I think they have been great.post #67994 of 787171/8/14 at 3:49pmQuote:
i hear you. that gunclub is going to be tricky to wranglepost #67995 of 787171/8/14 at 3:50pmQuote:
What suspicion is that? Also, my wife just told me I'm 5'9". I trust her opinion on the matter.Quote:
I don't think they're boring. There's a beauty in simplicity. I try to sell that to my students on a daily basis. If I had a reason to, I'd be CBD more than 50% of the time.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 14 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 21 seconds ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Kapital - hippies, Japanese farmers and post-apocalypse survivors 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...