or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4527  

post #67891 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post
 

I'm off to HKG and then SIN. See you in 2 weeks.

 

Mossgreen Luxire oxford

Olive green Vanda kimono silk square

Chocolate brown hober grenadine


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Curved collar deets:

 

 

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/374501/friday-challenge-01-10-2014-sf-family-values/75

 

 

 

I went to a Slavoj Zizek lecture today. Some things were interesting, many things were off topic, and he spent 20 minutes talking about masturbation with robots.

 

 

 

post #67892 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/374501/friday-challenge-01-10-2014-sf-family-values/75

 

 

 

I went to a Slavoj Zizek lecture today. Some things were interesting, many things were off topic, and he spent 20 minutes talking about masturbation with robots.

 

 

 

 

 

Claghorn, are you an academic? Peacocke picture is a perfect juxtaposition of your report on Zizek. Academic "superstars"...was he well dressed?

post #67893 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by arglist View Post
 

 

OK, here's the same jacket as yesterday, no sweater and with mimo-friendly legwear. What do you guys think?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Amazing how I see myself differently in these photos. Every fault is glaringly clear...

Sorry the sans sweater experiment didn't work. The shoulders remain the big issue. It also still looks short to me (the lower button also  seems "closer" to the bottom of the jacket than normal?...see Claghorn's picture and location of bottom button relative to pocket).

 

On the positives, I like the combinations. There's something sharper about the fit, versus the pic with denim.

post #67894 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

Thanks for the thumbs and comments on yesterday's fit, much appreciated. Today:

  Details (Click to show)

 

Nice! Love this tie...rust/burnt orange is my 2014 color revelation.

post #67895 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

 

I went to a Slavoj Zizek lecture today. Some things were interesting, many things were off topic, and he spent 20 minutes talking about masturbation with robots.

 

 

 

looks uncomfortable 

post #67896 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post

Claghorn, are you an academic? Peacocke picture is a perfect juxtaposition of your report on Zizek. Academic "superstars"...was he well dressed?
Aspiring, and I'd be surprised if he was wearing pants.
post #67897 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post
 

Sorry the sans sweater experiment didn't work. The shoulders remain the big issue. It also still looks short to me (the lower button also  seems "closer" to the bottom of the jacket than normal?...see Claghorn's picture and location of bottom button relative to pocket).

 

On the positives, I like the combinations. There's something sharper about the fit, versus the pic with denim.

 

Actually the shortness bothers me more than the shoulder issue (the dimples appear and disappear as I move). The lenght is unchanged (it's a short size), so the button position should be correct. But I agree it looks off.

 

Thanks for commenting on the positives. Sadly, while doing the pics I realized the pants are rather terrible, too much fabric around the seat and on the inside of the tighs.

 

I like my tie, though. :)

post #67898 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
 

 

looks uncomfortable 


Bladerunner, right? That's a movie with some good (intellectual) content.

post #67899 of 78717
Zizek is super-fun, but he is far from a style icon. I've seen him lecture in a sweatshirt.
post #67900 of 78717
mothon, the fabric does look odd-jackety, but horn buttons would enhance the effect.

Žižek amuses me. Part of it is that he sounds like a caricature of an Eastern European academic.
post #67901 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by arglist View Post
 

 

Actually the shortness bothers me more than the shoulder issue (the dimples appear and disappear as I move). The lenght is unchanged (it's a short size), so the button position should be correct. But I agree it looks off.

 

Thanks for commenting on the positives. Sadly, while doing the pics I realized the pants are rather terrible, too much fabric around the seat and on the inside of the tighs.

 

I like my tie, though. :)


Yes, I see the pants issue too now. Keep positive!

post #67902 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Septimus View Post

Zizek is super-fun, but he is far from a style icon. I've seen him lecture in a sweatshirt.


I'm no Zizek, but when I was just starting out (as a lecturer), I taught in white t-shirts:uhoh:.

 

Now, I wear a coat/tie...but still remain in the minority on my campus (and even more of a minority for wearing a PS).

 

There's another discussion for "formality/uniform" and context where it is required. I think the classroom is one of those more formal contexts, but people these days like it casual on campus. Certainly, a public scholarly lecture demands a coat and tie. Sweats, no.

post #67903 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post


Aspiring, and I'd be surprised if he was wearing pants.


Just to clarify (you're British?), is that "pants" in the English or American sense (or both!).

post #67904 of 78717

I've been sick for over a week with all the weather we're having, but back to work today.

 

Not entirely sure if the Jacket/Pants patterns mesh well...

Jacket/Pants (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

and @upr_crust Great look!  I really like those cufflinks!  


Edited by jungleroller - 1/8/14 at 7:19am
post #67905 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

You know that's a ridiculous statement, right?

Of course he does. smile.gif

---

Timo, pingson, clapey, great stuff.

Pingson, deets on tie and shoes?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III