Yes, everybody was jealous of how little baggage it was. I save on cloth at the tailor.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:33 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4523post #67831 of 787211/7/14 at 11:47am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #67832 of 787211/7/14 at 12:02pmpost #67833 of 787211/7/14 at 12:05pmpost #67834 of 787211/7/14 at 12:20pmpost #67835 of 787211/7/14 at 12:23pmFinally back to work! Either power or network were out to my building until yesterday. I did try working from home, but my wife also works from home, the first grader was out of school, and the toddler has decided to begin working on her Tasmanian devil impression. She does a good job so far.
Oh look! I have a tripod again! I felt the need to commemorate the occasion. (Click to show)post #67836 of 787211/7/14 at 12:35pmpost #67837 of 787211/7/14 at 12:36pm
Very nice, Pliny! Beautiful tie.
Welcome back, Pingson. Looking good.Quote:
I think the issue here is that the tie is the star of this outfit, so everything else should be toned down to feature it. Also, solid red squares are pretty tough to pull off. But the tie is very nice.
SF Family Values Attempt #2:
New shoes:post #67838 of 787211/7/14 at 12:40pmpost #67839 of 787211/7/14 at 12:50pmpost #67840 of 787211/7/14 at 12:51pmpost #67841 of 787211/7/14 at 12:53pmpost #67842 of 787211/7/14 at 12:56pmpost #67843 of 787211/7/14 at 1:01pmpost #67844 of 787211/7/14 at 1:02pmpost #67845 of 787211/7/14 at 1:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Coxsackie
Gentlemen, you two are probably the toughest critics on this thread, which is fine, as it helps to keep standards high.
Nevertheless, I'm going to counterbalance your negs on AAS on this occasion by stating that while I find his fits quirky, not very WAYWRN-PC, and occasionally way too busy, I really do admire the consistency of his style. He is one of the closest things we have here to a true dandy - and I mean that in the nicest sense of the term.
Anyway I'm relieved neither of you have turned your attention too closely to any of my own efforts. Possibly you just didn't know where to start. (Also, I haven't had time to post much recently.) I would be genuinely curious to know what does meet your approval in the way of classic men's style.
I only bother to comment on this thread if someone is mostly doing stuff right.
I get that he has much different requirements for what he wears day-to-day. I believe he's a teacher (as is my wife) and I realize that it's kinda a thing for teachers to wear bright colors and whatnot.
So most of the time, I don't comment on AAS's fits. He likes something I don't care for but he generally does it pretty well. I do think it's a little embarassing that a grown ass man is sometimes in all blackwatch eerthang but yeah...
To start, all of his stuff fits quite well. Which alone puts him in the upper echelon of this thread.
But the fit we're talking about
Has a few - to my mind obvious - points against it. It no particular order--
- That tie is fugly. Large paisley is largely bad. Two different kinds of large paisley on one tie will always be on the failure side of things.
- You have a decidedly busy tie with a busy square. And that square doesn't coordinate well with anything else in that outfit.
- I'm not totally against horizontal striped shirts but this one is too large a stripe for that
- Even if the stripes were normal style, that shirt would still be too busy with that sort of tie.
This fit is really good (assuming he had to wear shoes like that for touring)-
This would be great if it had one less layer. Either lose the puffy vest or the cardigan.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Public School Braeburn Sneaker Size 9 3 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Yanko Split Toe Blucher size 9 M (US) in Brown 9 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 15 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 15 minutes ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE - ONE PIECE TWO WAYS - VOTING 15 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...