Yes, everybody was jealous of how little baggage it was. I save on cloth at the tailor.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:27 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4523post #67831 of 787211/7/14 at 11:47am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #67832 of 787211/7/14 at 12:02pmpost #67833 of 787211/7/14 at 12:05pmpost #67834 of 787211/7/14 at 12:20pmpost #67835 of 787211/7/14 at 12:23pmFinally back to work! Either power or network were out to my building until yesterday. I did try working from home, but my wife also works from home, the first grader was out of school, and the toddler has decided to begin working on her Tasmanian devil impression. She does a good job so far.
Oh look! I have a tripod again! I felt the need to commemorate the occasion. (Click to show)post #67836 of 787211/7/14 at 12:35pmpost #67837 of 787211/7/14 at 12:36pm
Very nice, Pliny! Beautiful tie.
Welcome back, Pingson. Looking good.Quote:
I think the issue here is that the tie is the star of this outfit, so everything else should be toned down to feature it. Also, solid red squares are pretty tough to pull off. But the tie is very nice.
SF Family Values Attempt #2:
New shoes:post #67838 of 787211/7/14 at 12:40pmpost #67839 of 787211/7/14 at 12:50pmpost #67840 of 787211/7/14 at 12:51pmpost #67841 of 787211/7/14 at 12:53pmpost #67842 of 787211/7/14 at 12:56pmpost #67843 of 787211/7/14 at 1:01pmpost #67844 of 787211/7/14 at 1:02pmpost #67845 of 787211/7/14 at 1:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Coxsackie
Gentlemen, you two are probably the toughest critics on this thread, which is fine, as it helps to keep standards high.
Nevertheless, I'm going to counterbalance your negs on AAS on this occasion by stating that while I find his fits quirky, not very WAYWRN-PC, and occasionally way too busy, I really do admire the consistency of his style. He is one of the closest things we have here to a true dandy - and I mean that in the nicest sense of the term.
Anyway I'm relieved neither of you have turned your attention too closely to any of my own efforts. Possibly you just didn't know where to start. (Also, I haven't had time to post much recently.) I would be genuinely curious to know what does meet your approval in the way of classic men's style.
I only bother to comment on this thread if someone is mostly doing stuff right.
I get that he has much different requirements for what he wears day-to-day. I believe he's a teacher (as is my wife) and I realize that it's kinda a thing for teachers to wear bright colors and whatnot.
So most of the time, I don't comment on AAS's fits. He likes something I don't care for but he generally does it pretty well. I do think it's a little embarassing that a grown ass man is sometimes in all blackwatch eerthang but yeah...
To start, all of his stuff fits quite well. Which alone puts him in the upper echelon of this thread.
But the fit we're talking about
Has a few - to my mind obvious - points against it. It no particular order--
- That tie is fugly. Large paisley is largely bad. Two different kinds of large paisley on one tie will always be on the failure side of things.
- You have a decidedly busy tie with a busy square. And that square doesn't coordinate well with anything else in that outfit.
- I'm not totally against horizontal striped shirts but this one is too large a stripe for that
- Even if the stripes were normal style, that shirt would still be too busy with that sort of tie.
This fit is really good (assuming he had to wear shoes like that for touring)-
This would be great if it had one less layer. Either lose the puffy vest or the cardigan.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 15 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 15 seconds ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 16 seconds ago
- › 9/4 PRICE DROP! BUTTERO TANINO LOW - SUEDE w/LEATHER TOE - SIZE 45 53 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 9/4 PRICE DROP! EPAULET RIVET CHINO - MOSS CORDUROY - SIZE 38 BNWT! 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 4 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 4 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015