i was going to say that.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4523post #67831 of 787171/7/14 at 12:20pmpost #67832 of 787171/7/14 at 12:23pmFinally back to work! Either power or network were out to my building until yesterday. I did try working from home, but my wife also works from home, the first grader was out of school, and the toddler has decided to begin working on her Tasmanian devil impression. She does a good job so far.
Oh look! I have a tripod again! I felt the need to commemorate the occasion. (Click to show)post #67833 of 787171/7/14 at 12:35pmpost #67834 of 787171/7/14 at 12:36pm
Very nice, Pliny! Beautiful tie.
Welcome back, Pingson. Looking good.Quote:
I think the issue here is that the tie is the star of this outfit, so everything else should be toned down to feature it. Also, solid red squares are pretty tough to pull off. But the tie is very nice.
SF Family Values Attempt #2:
New shoes:post #67835 of 787171/7/14 at 12:40pmpost #67836 of 787171/7/14 at 12:50pmpost #67837 of 787171/7/14 at 12:51pmpost #67838 of 787171/7/14 at 12:53pmpost #67839 of 787171/7/14 at 12:56pmpost #67840 of 787171/7/14 at 1:01pmpost #67841 of 787171/7/14 at 1:02pmpost #67842 of 787171/7/14 at 1:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Coxsackie
Gentlemen, you two are probably the toughest critics on this thread, which is fine, as it helps to keep standards high.
Nevertheless, I'm going to counterbalance your negs on AAS on this occasion by stating that while I find his fits quirky, not very WAYWRN-PC, and occasionally way too busy, I really do admire the consistency of his style. He is one of the closest things we have here to a true dandy - and I mean that in the nicest sense of the term.
Anyway I'm relieved neither of you have turned your attention too closely to any of my own efforts. Possibly you just didn't know where to start. (Also, I haven't had time to post much recently.) I would be genuinely curious to know what does meet your approval in the way of classic men's style.
I only bother to comment on this thread if someone is mostly doing stuff right.
I get that he has much different requirements for what he wears day-to-day. I believe he's a teacher (as is my wife) and I realize that it's kinda a thing for teachers to wear bright colors and whatnot.
So most of the time, I don't comment on AAS's fits. He likes something I don't care for but he generally does it pretty well. I do think it's a little embarassing that a grown ass man is sometimes in all blackwatch eerthang but yeah...
To start, all of his stuff fits quite well. Which alone puts him in the upper echelon of this thread.
But the fit we're talking about
Has a few - to my mind obvious - points against it. It no particular order--
- That tie is fugly. Large paisley is largely bad. Two different kinds of large paisley on one tie will always be on the failure side of things.
- You have a decidedly busy tie with a busy square. And that square doesn't coordinate well with anything else in that outfit.
- I'm not totally against horizontal striped shirts but this one is too large a stripe for that
- Even if the stripes were normal style, that shirt would still be too busy with that sort of tie.
This fit is really good (assuming he had to wear shoes like that for touring)-
This would be great if it had one less layer. Either lose the puffy vest or the cardigan.post #67843 of 787171/7/14 at 1:42pmpost #67844 of 787171/7/14 at 1:44pmpost #67845 of 787171/7/14 at 1:53pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 8 minutes ago
- › Brexit 14 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 49 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 55 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren goat suede safari jacket - L 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding