or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4520  

post #67786 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post

morning gentlemen-  last shot with the Xmas tree
Love love love this tie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

Back in the saddle again, although I must confess I feel rather uninspired by the prospect of going through the 100+ emails that have accumulated over the holidays......

Great color scheme as always, but either you've lost weight over the holiday (in which case, good for you, but I've found it for you and would be happy to return it) or that jacket doesn't fit as well in the waist as some of your others. Picking knits, or possibly my eyes deceiving me, but most of your stuff is so great that this stood out to me.
post #67787 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

Back in the saddle again, although I must confess I feel rather uninspired by the prospect of going through the 100+ emails that have accumulated over the holidays......

Great color scheme as always, but either you've lost weight over the holiday (in which case, good for you, but I've found it for you and would be happy to return it) or that jacket doesn't fit as well in the waist as some of your others. Picking knits, or possibly my eyes deceiving me, but most of your stuff is so great that this stood out to me.

Thanks, I think it's a combination of three things - a small (but statistically significant) weight loss, a jacket with slightly less waist suppression compared to most of my other jackets and a rather unflattering camera angle......
post #67788 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post

morning gentlemen-  last shot with the Xmas tree

Cappelli Challis
Rubinacci Cuccagna
Kamakura
BB POW
Flannels
Vass OEII

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Pliny, I really like the way those Vass fit you. Far too often on SF I see people posting nonsense like "if the quarters on your shoes are completely closed then they're too big for you." Then they will post a pic of their shoes with the quarters splayed wide open, looking like their feet are about to explode out of their shoes.
post #67789 of 78723

Pliny, we're both wearing the same tie today :lol:

post #67790 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

Back in the saddle again, although I must confess I feel rather uninspired by the prospect of going through the 100+ emails that have accumulated over the holidays......



 

Really nice Pingson, and welcome back...nice to see your fits here again after the hiatus.

 

Is that a black or navy tie?

 

What do you think about a different colored pocket square? From this shot, the tie/square look very similar in color. I struggle a bit sometimes with darker ties in the winter since I would shy away from very bright contrasting squares that are too "spring"ish.

 

Sugarbutch's lovely Drake's square from pages ago might be nice, sand with a little blue and possibly red too, which might go nicely here. A bit more contrast with the tie and jacket, and picking up the red overcheck.

 

Or maybe one with a some lighter blue like this:

 

http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/accessories/pocket-squares/navy-blue-lace-doilie-print-wool-silk-square.html

 

But this is an academic question on a very small part of the fit! You look sharp as always.

post #67791 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by arglist View Post
 

 

Thanks for your observations, mimo. Being a long time lurker I know your disdain for all things denim. I like blue jeans so we won't be able to agree on this.

 

I agree with you on the jacket. While I don't think it should be let out (I still plan to lose my X-mas girth), I think it's too short and the shoulders only fit when I do an unnatural robopose without moving. I will have to let it go soon which saddens me because the fabric is so nice.


Why not just wear it unbuttoned with denim, if you like that look. This might "hide" some of the issues mentioned by Mimo. I think a nice pair of lighter gray flannels or donegal tweed trousers would be great.

 

Do the divots in the shoulder disappear when you wear it without a sweater? I ask because as I understand the cause of divots (from the tailor's thread), it's putting something too large for the arm hole which causes the distortion and hence divot (I hope that is right). That might help your shoulder fit.

 

So this would be a sort of experiment: what happens when you remove the sweater (of course, you arm/shoulder might still be too big). I find that when I wear v-necks under some of my close fitting blazers, divots appear.

post #67792 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post
 

Still lacking pose inspiration...

 

xVXdbz7.jpg

 

I feel I must comment on this as I normally really like your looks; maybe its the pose that's different... anyway I think the jacket sleeves are too long. Plus the tie knot is too big for the collars you are wearing. I don't really like the tie tbh, I would've chosen a darker colour to go with that shirt (which I do like).

post #67793 of 78723
lol @ mimo and his jeans issues.

welcome back, pingson. looking good.
post #67794 of 78723

New Drake's tie. My first. This may not be the best way to show it off, with this fit, but I was just trying something different. I *think* it works, at least, it did when I left the house this morning. Not sure I'd wear it with this shirt again though.

 

 

Lighting makes it look like I'm wearing a different suit:

 

 

post #67795 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post


Pliny, I really like the way those Vass fit you. Far too often on SF I see people posting nonsense like "if the quarters on your shoes are completely closed then they're too big for you." Then they will post a pic of their shoes with the quarters splayed wide open, looking like their feet are about to explode out of their shoes.

 

cheers. well i'm not a fan of tight shoes.  can always whack an insole thing in, if they too big.  just a pain if they too small.  these r 9s and look maybe big on me, but i usually wear 9.5 fine .    weird, 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post
 

Pliny, we're both wearing the same tie today :lol:

 

 im holding u personally responsible for my Cappelli challis issues u know  :)

post #67796 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweedyProf View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Back in the saddle again, although I must confess I feel rather uninspired by the prospect of going through the 100+ emails that have accumulated over the holidays......



 
Really nice Pingson, and welcome back...nice to see your fits here again after the hiatus.

Is that a black or navy tie?

What do you think about a different colored pocket square? From this shot, the tie/square look very similar in color. I struggle a bit sometimes with darker ties in the winter since I would shy away from very bright contrasting squares that are too "spring"ish.

Sugarbutch's lovely Drake's square from pages ago might be nice, sand with a little blue and possibly red too, which might go nicely here. A bit more contrast with the tie and jacket, and picking up the red overcheck.

Or maybe one with a some lighter blue like this:

http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/index.php/accessories/pocket-squares/navy-blue-lace-doilie-print-wool-silk-square.html

But this is an academic question on a very small part of the fit! You look sharp as always.

It's a black grenadine tie. I must confess to struggling with the choice of PS this morning but settled on the one in the pic above - it is green with blue dots and there is really much more contrast in real life, it's just that under the crappy light conditions we have this time of the year the photos come out terrible even after serious post-processing in Photoshop. I do, however, like the idea of a sand/muted orange square, I have to get my hands on one of those....
post #67797 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post


It's a black grenadine tie. I must confess to struggling with the choice of PS this morning but settled on the one in the pic above - it is green with blue dots and there is really much more contrast in real life, it's just that under the crappy light conditions we have this time of the year the photos come out terrible even after serious post-processing in Photoshop. I do, however, like the idea of a sand/muted orange square, I have to get my hands on one of those....


I saw the Berg and Berg sale on Tumblr near your post on Tumblr. THey have pocket squares, seemingly affordable, right size etc. Have you tried those? Not sure any of the current patterns would work as well as the sand Drake's square I have in mind...and I think SB bought the last one :confused: (I can't find it anywhere now...didn't try Drake's site though).

post #67798 of 78723

Today I was asked where in England I was from

 

 

I generally don't post when I recycle fits, but the comment made me chortle. I don't know whether the guy associated all white folks in suits with the British or just white guys in country suits with the British.

post #67799 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 

Today I was asked where in England I was from

 

 

That's funny! It is a bit of a "Jeeves and Wooster" look, but its very nice as well, I like it!

post #67800 of 78723
Evil^ What you're doing is "the J. Crew look". Don't.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III