or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4516  

post #67726 of 78717
Tie is awful. I hate contrast edged pocket squares in a TV fold. Also, I hate 1/8" topstitching on collars. I am not a fan of the styling on that suit, like the other, but it is serviceable if not a big snug.
post #67727 of 78717

:brick: 

I am so freaking drawn to blue for some reason. It is what it is. I wonder if white shirt would have been better. 

I just don't understand why it is that when I post something that I think is mundane and boring that I get positive feedback whereas when I post something that I think is nice (in my head) that I get negative feedback. I like the tie but I get your point about the PS. Can you tell me what you mean by the 1/8" topstitching on the collars?

post #67728 of 78717




Suit: MJ Bale
Shirt: Kamakura
Tie: Henry Carter
Shoes: Meermin
Ps: Henry Carter
post #67729 of 78717
Naturally I like that, however I think the cut is too slim as are the lapels. Everything a bit bigger up top would help balance the collar a bit.
post #67730 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post



 

Oh fudge! I was just holding up a tie just like this one...but took the other one. :brick:

post #67731 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post

baldy%5B1%5D.gif 
I am so freaking drawn to blue for some reason. It is what it is. I wonder if white shirt would have been better. 
I just don't understand why it is that when I post something that I think is mundane and boring that I get positive feedback whereas when I post something that I think is nice (in my head) that I get negative feedback. I like the tie but I get your point about the PS. Can you tell me what you mean by the 1/8" topstitching on the collars?

The tie is just gaudy.

Top stitching is the stitching that boarders the collar of the shirt. It is 1/8" from the edge. 1/4" looks better. My statements in regard to the collar shape is the same with this shirt as it was with the earlier shirt you posted.
post #67732 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Naturally I like that, however I think the cut is too slim as are the lapels. Everything a bit bigger up top would help balance the collar a bit.
Your a bloody tough critic PB! Although I agree about the lapels, when buying off the rack it was the compromise I needed to make. The suits not too slim, I'm just a bit portly at present. Combo of many things but mostly new fatherhood, 70 hour weeks and xmas but I'm getting there slowly.
post #67733 of 78717
Rudy Nudals, that tie should not exist. The cross-hatching in the light blue stripes is an abomination. That said, if you like it, then you just need to learn how to wear it better. It doesn't go well with that suit pattern, and it would look better with a gray suit. You won't get love here, but you only have to live with yourself.
post #67734 of 78717

post #67735 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Rudy Nudals, that tie should not exist. The cross-hatching in the light blue stripes is an abomination. That said, if you like it, then you just need to learn how to wear it better. It doesn't go well with that suit pattern, and it would look better with a gray suit. You won't get love here, but you only have to live with yourself.

I think I might be bipolar  or something. What the heck is wrong with the ties that I pick out?! If people around me say something is dead ugly to this extent, then there must be a darn good reason for it. LOL. 

post #67736 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post

I think I might be bipolar  or something. What the heck is wrong with the ties that I pick out?! If people around me say something is dead ugly to this extent, then there must be a darn good reason for it. LOL. 

Seriously, start simple. You get into trouble when you try to put together things that "aren't boring", whatever that means.

Think of it this way--it's not boring, it's elegant.

Buy staples. Learn to wear and combine the staples well.
post #67737 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post


Seriously, start simple. You get into trouble when you try to put together things that "aren't boring", whatever that means.

Think of it this way--it's not boring, it's elegant.

Buy staples. Learn to wear and combine the staples well.

I think I'll stick to that for now. But I am enjoying this. SF is very helpful. I believe I have the CBD down pretty well. 

post #67738 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Rudy Nudals, that tie should not exist. The cross-hatching in the light blue stripes is an abomination. That said, if you like it, then you just need to learn how to wear it better. It doesn't go well with that suit pattern, and it would look better with a gray suit. You won't get love here, but you only have to live with yourself.
I think I might be bipolar  or something. What the heck is wrong with the ties that I pick out?! If people around me say something is dead ugly to this extent, then there must be a darn good reason for it. LOL. 

You're missing the most important part of what I said, Nudals. I wouldn't even pick up for a closer look the overwhelming majority of ties produced for sale. That doesn't make them bad, just not to my taste. I mean, I would say that they're bad, but different strokes for different folks. Seriously, if you like that tie, that's fine. Just wear it better.
post #67739 of 78717

It was like the last tie that I had purchased from Needless Markup that I hadn't returned and I just had to pick out something from the store because they wouldn't give me a full refund. Hence that horrible green tie and the stripe tie from today. I hate everything in the store and was just forced to pick out something. 

post #67740 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by apsks0706 View Post
 

 

I like the tie, but I think the shirt is just too busy and bright for the rest of the outfit

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post
 

 

Looks great, HC.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III