well, this is right up my alley.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:17 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4513post #67681 of 787171/6/14 at 7:44ampost #67682 of 787171/6/14 at 7:45ampost #67683 of 787171/6/14 at 7:51ampost #67684 of 787171/6/14 at 7:54ampost #67685 of 787171/6/14 at 8:04amQuote:Originally Posted by faribeana88
Those are very festive colors but ever since someone pointed out your tie knots I can't help but chime in constructively:
You need to learn some of the basic knots and master them because even with your amazing fits, the ties sometimes kill them.
I personally started learning how to tie knots watching youtube tutorials and that seemed to work just fine.
That is a prince albert tie knot and the problem here is, that the tweed tie is too thick for that knot.
Changed that to a 4IH knot and I think it´s the better knot for the given tie. Here a detail shot:
Edited by DonCologne - 1/6/14 at 8:39ampost #67686 of 787171/6/14 at 8:19ampost #67687 of 787171/6/14 at 8:23ampost #67688 of 787171/6/14 at 8:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
From New Years:
Sam Hober (tie)
Tie and square too matchy. The color palate you have chosen is too formal, for the casual styling of the jacket. I can't see the fabric that much, but it looks like fabric (color as well) that is better suited for, well, business suiting.post #67689 of 787171/6/14 at 8:29amQuote:
A simple dot tie would be fine, no? Darker blue to go with the lighter blue pinstripe? What about a repp tie?
I think one of the small polka dot ties that I've seen butch wear would go well. Any reason you wouldn't try a solid burgundy or navy tie as well?post #67690 of 787171/6/14 at 8:35ampost #67691 of 787171/6/14 at 9:11ampost #67692 of 787171/6/14 at 9:12am
Could have gone a little bolder with the PS and it blends into the jacket a bit. It's yellow and purple houndstooth. The pattern matches but it stands out a bit in person.
The jacket is a daks (thanks @330CK)
Tie is a hickey freeman cashmere/wool/silk blend. (thanks @Randomore)
Pants are actually grey birdseye in person, the j crew moon tweed pants.post #67693 of 787171/6/14 at 9:20amMy triumphant return to the office begins today.
At least, that's what I'm calling it to make it feel more festive.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
H. Freeman custom for my apparent body double
Unknown square; links made by me
AEpost #67694 of 787171/6/14 at 9:32amQuote:
Here's my take on this. I say these with good intention so don't take it the wrong way.
- The jacket does not fit you and it even appears long for you.
- The tie and the jacket doesn't provide any contrast and quite honestly the tie is ugly.
- The shirt? I don't like it 'cus I don't like button down collar shirts (personal op).post #67695 of 787171/6/14 at 9:36am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 3 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 seconds ago
- › Drake's 52 42 M Wool Blazer Sportcoat in Gun Club Pattern 25 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 42 seconds ago
- › Epaulet/Southwick SC, Harris Tweed, 40R 2 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 3 minutes ago
- › New Tie - What to wear with it? 5 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...