Rudals, you've got the shirt, suit, and square right, but that tie isn't doing it for me. Probably the fancy pattern (multicolored dots plus a self-colored grid).
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:30 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4511post #67651 of 787171/5/14 at 4:44pmpost #67652 of 787171/5/14 at 4:50pmpost #67653 of 787171/5/14 at 5:10pmQuote:
Apparently, you killed it every day. Way to represent!!!!post #67654 of 787171/5/14 at 5:41pmQuote:The first sentence is right. The second is all kinds of wrong, though a nice wine might work.
Teal is never the answer, unless you're sugarbutch. And he only keeps that as a memento of his days as an underground cage fighter.post #67655 of 787171/5/14 at 7:15pmpost #67656 of 787171/5/14 at 7:34pmpost #67657 of 787171/5/14 at 7:35pmpost #67658 of 787171/5/14 at 7:36pmpost #67659 of 787171/5/14 at 7:39pm
Post 999, so I can start in with the gratuitous crotch shots now.
Thanks for the comments and the thumbs, gents.
Pliny, I think a plain oxford shirt is the way to go with this coat, and I agree that wrapping two patterns around two solids isn't always quite right
HC, you recall correctly -- I am both pale and redheaded. I don't think I wash myself out too much. My hair is a shade lighter than that of the Drakes guy (whose name I too forget), or the ginger from the Armoury, so I aim for slightly lower contrast than would look great on either of them.
Nevertheless, here's some navy (hidden gray trousers and burg longwings):
I'll be switching locations in a few days, so I might just be including more shots where you can, you know, see a person, not just clothes from the neck down.
Rudals, that kind of tie has never appealed to me, but it's hardly bad in that context.
luv2be, I tend to think that the more casual details on a navy blazer, the better. I'm wearing mine quite formally, but I don't think there's anything that could make it more casual in-and-of itself, without getting weird. This one is hopsack, with two patch and flap pockets, 5/16" swelled edges, and dull-finish brass buttons. It's one of those things that works because it works, not because it totally makes sense for it to work.post #67660 of 787171/5/14 at 7:41pmRudy Rude, I have a proposal for you. Let us pick some ties for you, and you buy them. Give us the general scope of where, when, and with what you'll wear them, and we'll tailor the selection to meet your needs. Deal?post #67661 of 787171/5/14 at 7:52pmQuote:
This. And I think it deserves its own thread.post #67662 of 787171/5/14 at 8:05pmSounds good SB. I had a tie that I pruchased long ago and went to return it and they told me I can only do am exchange so that is what I ended up with before the store closed down in 10 minutes. If guys have ties that you think will go great then by all mean help me out. I am gonna dig around Sam Hobers site. Thankspost #67663 of 787171/5/14 at 8:31pmpost #67664 of 787171/6/14 at 3:36amQuote:
What is your leg opening measurement for your trousers?post #67665 of 787171/6/14 at 3:54am
Happy new year all! I'm back to work today so back to posting fits.
Over Christmas, a friend gifted me 8 ties he was clearing out, a good mix of things, Bironi and Canali and Duchamp a few Italians. There were only two I didn't like (a Boss and another red one) but I thought I'd give the other 6 a try. So over the coming days I'll be posting those new ties.
Also got myself a new Drake's (my first) so will post that as well.
The suit is new too, is TM Lewin, quite happy with it:
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 7 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Blue or grey Isaia, E. Zegna, Corneliani, Belvest, Caruso, etc.... 8 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 8 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...