or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4481  

post #67201 of 78717

Dear RTC, 

 

Why not go back to the basics and start off with solid white or pale blue shirts? Same thing with the ties, why not start with solids or simple patterned ties. Also, get yourself a nice SC (navy or gray). The colors/combos you pick out are...let's just say I would never wear them. 

post #67202 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudals View Post
 

Dear RTC, 

 

Why not go back to the basics and start off with solid white or pale blue shirts? Same thing with the ties, why not start with solids or simple patterned ties. Also, get yourself a nice SC (navy or gray). The colors/combos you pick out are...let's just say I would never wear them. 

This is what I'm doing, I'll report back once I figure it out more.  Todays, semi boring combo.

 

post #67203 of 78717

^^ Is that a suit?

post #67204 of 78717

Maybe.... Why? :paranoia: ok, yes.  

post #67205 of 78717

I assumed, but the color looks different in the two shots.  Herringbone on herringbone (if an odd jacket and trousers) wouldn't seem a good combo, so was just curious.

post #67206 of 78717

Gotcha!  It was just the pics.  

 

post #67207 of 78717
Jung, thats a nice colour Hbone^, shirt colour works too, collar may work with a different tie. Great shoes.
post #67208 of 78717

Red-eye overnight flight, rare mimo casual fit: a romantic men's room selfie, Heathrow Terminal 4 Arrivals.  See you in a week or so...

 

 

Sorry for the blurriness, matches my actual vision at the time I think!  SF family: jacket from Howard Yount

 

New boots from Grenson: "Fred" with commando sole for unaccustomed English winter weather:

 

post #67209 of 78717
I wouldn't wear that tie with that suit. I wouldn't wear black shoes with that suit, either.
post #67210 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I wouldn't wear that tie with that suit. I wouldn't wear black shoes with that suit, either.

If this is directed towards me, I agree on the tie, I wasn't sure what to go with and kept going back and forth on this one and a couple others.  I thought the color worked but wasn't 100% on the pattern of the tie.  

 

The shoes are not black, they're a dark brown.  That being said, I'm not 100% on them either.  What do you think as far as shoes for this suit?

 

Same shoes

 

post #67211 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Jung, thats a nice colour Hbone^, shirt colour works too, collar may work with a different tie. Great shoes.

I think it's the knot.  It's a new tie and I couldn't get a good dimple in a windsor (which filled the collar better)

post #67212 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post

If this is directed towards me, I agree on the tie, I wasn't sure what to go with and kept going back and forth on this one and a couple others.  I thought the color worked but wasn't 100% on the pattern of the tie.  

The shoes are not black, they're a dark brown.  That being said, I'm not 100% on them either.  What do you think as far as shoes for this suit?

Same shoes



Those are better than what I thought. With that suit you need some wingtip derbies, or split toe norwegians, even some derby boots. It is a bit of a casual suit that calls for such shoes.
post #67213 of 78717
Also those socks gotta go.
post #67214 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleav View Post

Jung, thats a nice colour Hbone^, shirt colour works too.

+1. I'd love a nice herringbone suit in gray/black or beige/brown. I've owned at least a couple in darker brown and they just end up looking like.... Well, you can figure it out.

But I also agree with pB that the gauge of the pattern lends itself to a more casual shoe than you have going there. But I like the shoes themselves.
post #67215 of 78717

Yeah I could see that, maybe thats why I was having problems figuring out what shoes to go with this morning.  I was leaning towards these, any better?

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III