Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:16 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4450post #66736 of 7871712/18/13 at 12:04pmpost #66737 of 7871712/18/13 at 12:25pm
SB, Fred, Betel - looking good.
MF - that tweed 3-piece is killer.
I believe it is 2/3 of the shoe size, so a shoe measuring 12" should have go with a leg opening of 8". Foods for thoughts.
Need some help - the button stance and size of lapel notch are lower and larger, respectively, than I usually wear. Too dated?
In hindsight I think I would have gone with a solid tie, but I wanted to wear an ancient madder and this one appears solid from afar and pulls some of the purple out of the jacket. Ah well.post #66738 of 7871712/18/13 at 12:27pmpost #66739 of 7871712/18/13 at 12:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
I like this a fair bit, though suspect it won't get a lot of SF love because of the strong tie/square colours and the somewhat matchy vibe of them. But what I really like is that it's a nice, fun, informal (but still sharp) look that feels pitched about right for a smart but relaxed wedding. Appropriate ++, even if perhaps not in the standard SF mould.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks for the comment. I didnt think id get a lot
Of love either because a lot of ppl on here are anti-zegna and of the "bold" colors. But it's a wedding ... Aren't we supposed to look "boldly"? Hahapost #66740 of 7871712/18/13 at 12:38pmpost #66741 of 7871712/18/13 at 12:41pmpost #66742 of 7871712/18/13 at 12:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fred49
Hope this helps S? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
looking good, fred. you too SB.Quote:Originally Posted by aportnoy
Stichy...beautiful combo and I think the shoes are perfectly appropriate for it.
One thing I would throw out there which is not aimed at you but more of a general thought is that mid-grey trousers are also a wonderful option. I know the forum has taken a hard turn for light grey and they are great, but mid-grey offers an anchor and depth of color/mottling that is, IMHO, quite appealing.
i have a few pairs of mid gray, and i agree, they are great. i was just feeling in the mood for light. also, i like the fit of my light grays better than the mids i have.Quote:
lol noted.post #66743 of 7871712/18/13 at 12:55pmpost #66744 of 7871712/18/13 at 1:00pmpost #66745 of 7871712/18/13 at 1:35pmpost #66746 of 7871712/18/13 at 3:04pm
Six patterns today. The tie and vest are cable knit. I'm wearing a new pair of boots today. The soles are rubber. They're very comfortable and warm. A little workwearish, but I like them. I may have the jacket let out a little bit.post #66747 of 7871712/18/13 at 3:17pmpost #66748 of 7871712/18/13 at 3:19pmpost #66749 of 7871712/18/13 at 3:44pmQuote:
It's actually one of few remaining RTW, from Huntsman.
Th WvG are insanely awesome. Golden Grey Bloodline. The construction is out of this world good. i'm trying to convince Mauro to do more runs of more CM friendly trou.post #66750 of 7871712/18/13 at 4:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
Six patterns today. The tie and vest are cable knit. I'm wearing a new pair of boots today. The soles are rubber. They're very comfortable and warm. A little workwearish, but I like them. I may have the jacket let out a little bit.
Great! The jacket looks fine as it is IMHO.
My only doubt is about the PS: is there any reason behind a low-contrast one? Because I think this one kinda blends with the jacket. Anyway, using 6 patterns without any sort of clashing is rather remarkable, and overall the outfit looks very "natural"!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › 5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling 3 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Momotaro 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 12 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...