I'm sure you're right. But your pic's proper anyway.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:12 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4442post #66617 of 7871712/17/13 at 11:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
tbh, i didnt even notice at first that pinson had 2 PoWs going on. which is success on his part imo.
i think its because:
- the tie is a subtle print
- the scales are varied
- the tie has its PoW on an sharp angle and on the jacket, even on the lapels pretty much, it is a horizontal PoW.
Well, I do take that as success on my behalfpost #66618 of 7871712/18/13 at 12:03ampost #66619 of 7871712/18/13 at 2:17ampost #66620 of 7871712/18/13 at 2:27ampost #66621 of 7871712/18/13 at 2:40amQuote:
The dark shirt isn't doing it for me here. Not enough contrast with the tie, and it all kind of muddles together with the jacket, which is a cruel thing to do to such a nice jacket.post #66622 of 7871712/18/13 at 3:00ampost #66623 of 7871712/18/13 at 3:05ampost #66624 of 7871712/18/13 at 3:09ampost #66625 of 7871712/18/13 at 3:18ampost #66626 of 7871712/18/13 at 3:23am
Sprezz, Mr Six, very nice!
38R, nothing wrong with Sprezz's ties. Your tie on the other hand doesn't suit your collar. Not a fan of the dark shirt either, sorry!
Pingson's tie is another good example of how to tie a good tie knot.post #66627 of 7871712/18/13 at 3:24am
A good self-censor.
But I really don't get it. Apparently you're a mensch over in the thrift thread, helping people out at cost to yourself, so why be a dick to ITG when he provided good, well-intentioned feedback? It doesn't matter how he dresses because he didn't say "that shirt is too dark, trust me," instead providing the reason.
I'm also not sure what Sprezziano's tie tying ability has to do with the validity of his recommendation of a light blue or white shirt.post #66628 of 7871712/18/13 at 3:32ampost #66629 of 7871712/18/13 at 3:36ampost #66630 of 7871712/18/13 at 3:40amQuote:
I surely hope you don't pick a random shirt from the closet. I personally (as the "IMHO" might suggest) don't like it, and I'm afraid most people won't like it either, because the effect that those garments create is unpleasing (as another user perfectly pointed out, it's due to the lack of contrast). Then again, I'm all in favour of personal freedom, so if you like it good for you, just ignore all the suggestions you receive, and you'll be fine. I just don't see the point of posting your outfits here then, but if you fancy posting outfits that no one likes and insulting people that are providing you their opinion, go for it!
I'm also glad you don't take observations personally.
Edited by Sprezziamo - 12/18/13 at 3:51am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › How many miles did you run today? 1 minute ago
- › The Frank Leder thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 5 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 5 minutes ago
- › SCOTT & CHARTERS GREY SHAW-COLLAR CARDIGAN XS 8 minutes ago
- › The Toronto For Sale Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...