^^ nothing wrong there, carry on.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:31 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4430post #66437 of 7871712/16/13 at 7:19ampost #66438 of 7871712/16/13 at 7:23am
Ok we understand you do not want and need any advice on your outfits, because you reach a level 99,9% of the users can only dream from.
Good to see such a gorgeousness, like your last fit, from time to time.post #66439 of 7871712/16/13 at 7:28ampost #66440 of 7871712/16/13 at 7:34ampost #66441 of 7871712/16/13 at 7:38am
The pitch is a minor issue which has nothing to do with how you're standing (probably). Probably not worth going to a tailor for. It really is a great jacket though. And you really should look for the pieces to properly compliment it. It'll be a hell of a look when you do.
I'm also not sure that dressing well is a requisite for giving solid advice. Good advice is good advice on its own merit. Just as bad advice from someone who posts brilliant fits is bad advice nonetheless. This is especially true as there are many folks with excellent tastes and/or an excellent understanding of the mechanics of style without the means to properly execute them.
As someone who is consistent and conservative without being dull or dated, I can say that internal coherence does not make you look 65. For example, replacing that shirt with an OCBD in gray-blue with a brown or rust knit wouldn't be the look of an older man (guaranteed in part by the slim cut of the jacket), but it would ensure that viewers--in the real world and on SF--don't experience a jarring sense of juxtaposition when looking at the outfit.post #66442 of 7871712/16/13 at 7:45amQuote:
You sir, are a stud. 95% of the stuff you post is spot on.
I've got two re-makes and a new shirt with a new collar coming from Luxire Wednesday.post #66443 of 7871712/16/13 at 7:48ampost #66444 of 7871712/16/13 at 7:50amMy camera work was terrible today. Sorry for the multiple shots, but it took several to get everything in, and I still didn't get a decent full shot.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Aldenpost #66445 of 7871712/16/13 at 7:54am
Awesome Gmmcl! like it.
well levelled advice Claghorn, your style in general is good. and your attitude aswell apparently.
correct on most points. while i have worn the combination you described. (often) this was something i wanted to try. and really liked the result. while we can point fingers at each-other. it is best to encourage individual tastes. i post fits as the thread is titled the "what are you wearing" thread. so i need not request, or humor critiques, especially from those who's fits i would have much to critique. like i said, some of your fits rock, and some of mine you might like better than others. your style reflects your environment, i get that. keep on being levelled, there should be more of the same.post #66446 of 7871712/16/13 at 7:56ampost #66447 of 7871712/16/13 at 8:06ampost #66448 of 7871712/16/13 at 8:10ampost #66449 of 7871712/16/13 at 8:10ampost #66450 of 7871712/16/13 at 8:16am
@Claghorn - that is a massive step up in your shoe game, IMO. Great combo.
@Monkeyface - I can't pull off those shoes. Good for you, wonderful combination.
It was pretty hot here for the weekend. Started Sunday morning in t-shirt and boardshorts for a volleyball tournament. Ended the day in a Ron-Burgundy onesie I received via a White Elephant gift exchange and was dared to wear at the tail end of the tournament. I took a picture for you guys, since I know you like good style.
@in stitches - my favorite combo of yours that you've ever posted. Not because of the PS, but because I love white shirt and yellow tie combos.Spoiler'd for only being technically relevant to HOF. (Click to show)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Mod to Suedehead 38 seconds ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 2 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 3 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Steel Grey Corduroy Tweed Walt (34) BNWT 12 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 13 minutes ago
- › Brown elegant cap toe Oxford boots by Lendvay & Schwarcz in size UK... 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...