Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:30 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4428post #66406 of 7871912/15/13 at 8:14pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #66407 of 7871912/15/13 at 8:27pmQuote:
Picture was taken at the end of the night before we left to go get our coats. Tie is loosened and collar is unbuttoned. I definitely thought about not posting this picture because of it. ahhahhaha.
I was schweaty as fakkkkkk!!!
Edited by ridethecliche - 12/15/13 at 8:43pmpost #66408 of 7871912/15/13 at 8:45pmpost #66409 of 7871912/15/13 at 9:01pmQuote:
Thanks! This is currently my best suit and doubles up for interview duty. I bought it off the rack when I was in India a few years ago and they took measurements and had it altered. I'm hoping to replace it with a nice wool suit in the same color. Right now, I end up wearing the jacket and pants separately relatively often.
I thrifted that tie about 3 hours before the event. I was elated that I finally found a solid burgundy tie. Now I have both a solid burgundy and solid navy tie. Score!post #66410 of 7871912/15/13 at 10:25pmQuote:
That's sort of what I've heard. I'm sure it's sort of a cultural one-upmanship thing, too, like the Ivy resort crowd wearing the same navy blazer, BD shirt, and repp tie, but with increasingly crazy pants.post #66411 of 7871912/15/13 at 10:37pm
Jacket fits you well, rtc, but that look would have been infinitely better without the vest. I'm not a fan of odd vests in general, but when I do like the look, it's generally a vest lighter than the jacket. A vest that dark just creates a black whole where your torso should be.post #66412 of 7871912/16/13 at 12:39amQuote:
Beautiful ties paisley...complimentspost #66413 of 7871912/16/13 at 3:42am
I've gone back to this green tie as I wanted to apply some of the feedback I got last time I wore it. So I've paired it with a plainer shirt and also added a burgundy PS, as was suggested by...someone. Sorry can't remember! :-)
Wearing a different suit this time. Funnily enough it looks grey in some of these photos but is actually indigo.
The *only* thing is that perhaps the tie texture / pattern is too closely matched to the shirt? Should it be a plainer cotton?
Trying to be a little "sprezzatura" with the tie (imperfect dimple, inside blade left loose):
The colour here is more like the actual colour of the suit:
Obligatory "getting coffee" shot:
Edited by eviltimeban - 12/16/13 at 6:09ampost #66414 of 7871912/16/13 at 4:07ampost #66415 of 7871912/16/13 at 4:17ampost #66416 of 7871912/16/13 at 4:19amBack to work, through the remains of the weekend's snow. Not shown - rubber overshoes.
Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie & braces - BB
Cufflinks - The British Museum (souvenirs of a pre-Columbian gold exhibition)
PS - Ashear
Shoes - Paul Stuart
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - Olde England, London
Hat - Selentino
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #66417 of 7871912/16/13 at 4:19ampost #66419 of 7871912/16/13 at 5:17am38, I like the jacket and its fit (sans some sleeve pitch issues) on you, but that is a super city shirt with a super country jacket. It really doesn't mesh well. A nifty jacket like that deserves some coherence in its pairings.post #66420 of 7871912/16/13 at 5:21am
Been too lazy to crank out the camera for actual pictures. I should stop that.
Scarf is a little more true brown than shown. Was going to wear a pocket square but I think they got lost in the move... :-(
Worn with jeans and suede dark brown string loafers to a Christmas party.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 27 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 46 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › How do I tell which Zegna Tux I bought? 1 minute ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren lines, and 'who makes what' - a definitive guide 3 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS 16 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...