Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:06 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4420post #66286 of 7872112/13/13 at 8:12am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #66287 of 7872112/13/13 at 8:16ampost #66288 of 7872112/13/13 at 8:19ampost #66289 of 7872112/13/13 at 8:35ampost #66290 of 7872112/13/13 at 10:22am
ThisQuote:Originally Posted by faribeana88
Don, really nice fit but as for the jacket needed 2" MORE in length, I don't see it. Your finger tips are almost at the tip of the jacket when they are straight. As it stands now you could not curl your fingers comfortably around the bottom of the jacket which I believe was the standard for assessing if a jacket is too long or too short. I think you have it just right.
And good picture to show Django the right length of a jacket.post #66291 of 7872112/13/13 at 10:30amQuote:
Up until recently I never even considered the length of my jackets could/should be different from the way it came out of store.I never really paid much attention to it in the mirror or pics. But now you mention it, it looks awkward indeed. Thanks for the heads up.
I was just about to ask Don how to determine the desired length, so your comment and picture are really helpfull. Thanks!post #66292 of 7872112/13/13 at 10:30ampost #66293 of 7872112/13/13 at 10:31amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
No real irony (under any definition of the word) in most cases, I think; simply a matter of most of us being more interested in clothes than in photography of clothes. Talking myself as a case in point, I'm not interested in photography, so I just post snaps for the fun of sharing what I'm wearing, and for giving some vague context to my comments on others' outfits, even if my photos aren't particularly colour-accurate or clear. There's no incentive to get higher quality equipment or professional lighting or whatever, because taking better photos (at more time/effort/cost) isn't something I'm interested in. I'm sure a similarly aware/conscious thought process for many posters who, like me, post poor quality photos. You can still get a fair idea of the outfit and whether you like it or not, which is all that really matters.
And talking of terrible photos...
I like your style and most of your outfits you present here. But I think you could greatly benefit from a better cam and daylight pics.
The pics are good enough to get an idea, but it would be much better to see the whole elegancy.post #66294 of 7872112/13/13 at 10:57amHoliday party at work. I am prepared for your disapproval.
(Hey, someone should do a Holiday Fit challenge. kidding, kidding)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edit: Added spoilers since I was on my phone the first time.
Edited by GMMcL - 12/13/13 at 12:45pmpost #66295 of 7872112/13/13 at 11:30ampost #66296 of 7872112/13/13 at 11:31amQuote:
As a general rule of, er, thumb it gets you in the ballpark, no? For the majority of folks posting here, it seems to work out that jackets which end somewhere on the last two bones of the thumb look proportionate.
Care to elaborate, good sir?post #66297 of 7872112/13/13 at 11:39ampost #66298 of 7872112/13/13 at 12:08pmpost #66299 of 7872112/13/13 at 12:13pmQuote:
then what would you base it off of? if it covers your derriere? because unless you have organgutan arms, i'm assuming that proportional arms would be a clear indicator as the picture explains.
if you are right, then my business dress class at Wharton Business School severely ripped me off....post #66300 of 7872112/13/13 at 12:16pm
and sorry for the triple posting but another general rule of thumb is that if you do not definitively know the answer or solution to something you cannot say the following:
Jacket length has nothing to do with where it lies in relation to your hands/fingers.
@edmorel you leave yourself open to a lot of challenging when you say something matter of factly.... just saying but point taken, to each his own.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › The Official Beer Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 1 minute ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Andrew Marc New York Brown Leather Jacket Medium (fits like a Large) 4 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Dior Homme Thread*** 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 6 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan