or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4418  

post #66256 of 78717
My camera + lens + tripod costs more than any outfit I could throw together (unless you count shoes, which we all know I don't wear). I've yet to really bother to figure out how to use them properly.
post #66257 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Acute Style View Post
 

 

 

 

 

No problem.  Do you think a different tie would have helped?

 

 

 

Actually for me the biggest problem is the dark shade of red in the shirt, which IMHO is clashing with tie (not enough contrast, similar size) and waistcoat (from far it could look brighter than the shirt). I think that a plain white/light blue shirt could work much better. But yes, if you really wanna use the shirt, I'd change the tie to a navy.

 

In general, I think the shirt-tie-waistcoat trio needs more differentiation in terms of brightness: now they're all similar, I'd try to add a dark piece (tie) and a bright piece (shirt).

post #66258 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

I'll just leave this here and skulk away.

 

 

 

 

Hey RTC, I think your decisions in terms of colours and pattern matching are improving. Go on and try to find some good deals, in particular something that fits you well (don't just rely on the size when you buy/thrift, because your size may vary depending on the maker). You seem skinny, so learn what the "drop" is and try to find the correct one for you. (Most of your SCs, from what I've seen, are way too large at the waist, creating a bad silhouette)

 

Also, don't be afraid to spend some money at a tailor. I used to be reluctant as well, but a good tailor can make a suit/SC look like it's worth 10x its real price, just by improving the fit.

post #66259 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianni Cerutti View Post
 

 

Today shrouded in mist of Milan .... Mimmo Pirozzi bespoke suit, shirt bespoke D'Avino, shoes and of course Bestetti tie and pocket-square bespoke vintage Passaggio Cravatte

 

 

Gianni, that's great! I always like your outfits and your colour palette, too bad I can't wear similar pieces, working at a bank.

post #66260 of 78717

Wearing my latest thrift tie: Zegna for Duetz (Dutch local store). Suit is from SuitSupply. Nothing to special since I am still in the process of restarting my basic wardrobe. I am really happy with the new tie though:

post #66261 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post
 

 

 

And Sprezz has a lapel challenger!

Thanks for your comment

post #66262 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprezziamo View Post
 

 

Gianni, that's great! I always like your outfits and your colour palette, too bad I can't wear similar pieces, working at a bank.

Thank you for your comment ... you are always very friendly. If you want we also have business ties dlele very interesting and suitable.

post #66263 of 78717

Not what I wear today but UPS just knocked on the office door with a parcel.

Corneliani wool/cashmere. Navy, Flannel-like structure in a fishbone pattern (very subtle).

Fits like a glove IMHO. As good as it gets with RTW. And yes it covers my bottom.

Finally I have my perfect blue blazer! I am happier than the photo might suggest.

 

I got it here. Very fast shipping. Left Italy yesterday and I took delivery this morning. Thank you UPS. One IT48 and two IT50 left.

 

 

post #66264 of 78717

RTC, I think you should do away with the button downs and get yourself some nice spread / semi-spread collars. Your ties will sit better and overall will look smarter and tidier. 

 

Anyway, this is me today:

 

 

Atkinson's wool tie with silk vintage PS. And spread collar. ;-)

post #66265 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anden View Post
 

Not what I wear today but UPS just knocked on the office door with a parcel.

Corneliani wool/cashmere. Navy, Flannel-like structure in a fishbone pattern (very subtle).

Fits like a glove IMHO. As good as it gets with RTW. And yes it covers my bottom.

Finally I have my perfect blue blazer! I am happier than the photo might suggest.

 

I got it here. Very fast shipping. Left Italy yesterday and I took delivery this morning. Thank you UPS. One IT48 and two IT50 left.

 

 

 

Very nice. The title says "wool cashmere" but in the description they say:

 

Composition: : 94%Virgin wool, 6%Polyamide fiber (nylon)

 

Would you mind, when you have some free time, checking the composition?

post #66266 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

My camera + lens + tripod costs more than any outfit I could throw together (unless you count shoes, which we all know I don't wear). I've yet to really bother to figure out how to use them properly.

Shoes?
post #66267 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anden View Post

Not what I wear today but UPS just knocked on the office door with a parcel.
Corneliani wool/cashmere. Navy, Flannel-like structure in a fishbone pattern (very subtle).
Fits like a glove IMHO. As good as it gets with RTW. And yes it covers my bottom.
Finally I have my perfect blue blazer! I am happier than the photo might suggest.

I got it here. Very fast shipping. Left Italy yesterday and I took delivery this morning. Thank you UPS. One IT48 and two IT50 left.




This is an excellent fit Anden, straight out of the box? Well done!

(p.s. hope you get the BB gun this Christmas!)
post #66268 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprezziamo View Post
 

 

Very nice. The title says "wool cashmere" but in the description they say:

 

Composition: : 94%Virgin wool, 6%Polyamide fiber (nylon)

 

Would you mind, when you have some free time, checking the composition?

Cheers. It´s 94% wool 6% cashmere.

 

Andreas

post #66269 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianiceman View Post


This is an excellent fit Anden, straight out of the box? Well done!

(p.s. hope you get the BB gun this Christmas!)

Thank you.Straight of the box yes. I took the picture five minutes after unboxing.

 

BB gun? Please elaborate. I´m Swedish...

post #66270 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

My camera + lens + tripod costs more than any outfit I could throw together (unless you count shoes, which we all know I don't wear). I've yet to really bother to figure out how to use them properly.

Being the lovely and caring husband that I am, I gave my wife a micro 4/3 digital camera for her thirtieth birthday. That I am the only one using it and mainly for taking selfies to show other guys on the internets is completely beside the point.....

Thanks again for all the thumbs from yesterday! Today:



Details (Click to show)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III