or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4394  

post #65896 of 78717
The Friday Challenge is something Christmas-y. This is as much as I can do in that mode on short notice - I'm out of reindeer sweaters .

SC, shirt, tie, trousers, PS, socks and shoes - all BB.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






post #65897 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post
 

 

Loving everything but the pants.  Maybe its my distaste for them in general though.

 

You hate what? Khaki's?

post #65898 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

You hate what? Khaki's?

Yes.  Despise them. 

post #65899 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post
 

 

 

That sportcoat makes up for the rainy day!:fonz:

 

Thanks. It's a favorite of mine, for sure.

post #65900 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post

Yes.  Despise them. 

what about chinos?
post #65901 of 78717
Quick shot before I take my last final as an undergrad

Canali blazer
Banana Republic sweater
Charles Tyrwhitt shirt
Kent Wang pocket square

not pictured
Zanella pants
RL boots

post #65902 of 78717

Loving the argyle socks

post #65903 of 78717
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

I'm not sure I like the way that overcoat falls. It looks like it balloons to the sides too much...

 

Yeah, there's certainly a flare to that one, something accentuated perhaps a bit too much by the narrow waist and high positioning of the lowest button. It's not really swinging open though: the plaid remains vertically/horizontally aligned, so I have to believe that it is intended to fit that way, at least more or less. I like the silhouette (obviously, or I wouldn't own it!) but then again, I have a range of overcoats and some are narrower in appearance so I can pick & choose depending on what look I want.

 

BTW, I agree with stitchy that your most recent pic was easily the nicest you've shown us. I would echo those suggesting leaving the shoulders as they are for now, and just wearing it a few times. They look like they fit fine there, and you may simply need to get used to them. But if they really do still feel too tight after a few wears, fair enough. By the way, the jacket front seems to be a little long for you; not something worth fixing but rather something to watch for in future purchases. Note how the jacket appears to "pivot" around the fastened button such that it spreads outwards below? Now imagine deleting a little material from just below the shoulder seam at the front, and imagine how that would straighten the jacket below the button as a result by lifting the top half inwards. Tough to put into words, but you get the idea, hopefully.

 

(As an aside, to work out the the difference between this flaring and that on my overcoat, look at a pattern or weave: the plaid on the overcoat remains vertical, but your herringbones start slanting sideways below the button).

 

Originally Posted by 9thsymph View Post

(stitches) the suit is beautiful, though...

Originally Posted by in stitches View Post
Thank you kindly. I think that that is a fact that no one could disagree with. smile.gif

 

I'm going to be a grump and say that while it's a beautiful suit and fits you very well indeed, I think a slightly higher buttoning point and a more closed front would flatter your build even more. Then again, I just don't really like very open & very curved fronts on anyone, so my personal prejudices come into play here.

 

 

 

 

Anyway, what do I know, I'm wearing a cartoon tie... :cool:

 

RDpVRfz.jpg

post #65904 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitswes View Post

Quick shot before I take my last final as an undergrad

Canali blazer
Banana Republic sweater
Charles Tyrwhitt shirt
Kent Wang pocket square

not pictured
Zanella pants
RL boots

 

Jeebus, did you dress like that everyday for undergrad? And if you're wearing that to your finals all the time, you're clearly not studying enough!

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Hah! Just kidding. Looking sharp!
post #65905 of 78717

@Pingson like pose. :fistbump:

 

post #65906 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


what about chinos?

What is the difference?

 

I like the style of khakis & chinos.  I just really don't like the color in khakis.  Chinos come in a variety of colors that I've seen. 

post #65907 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post
BTW, I agree with stitchy that your most recent pic was easily the nicest you've shown us. I would echo those suggesting leaving the shoulders as they are for now, and just wearing it a few times. They look like they fit fine there, and you may simply need to get used to them. But if they really do still feel too tight after a few wears, fair enough. By the way, the jacket front seems to be a little long for you; not something worth fixing but rather something to watch for in future purchases. Note how the jacket appears to "pivot" around the fastened button such that it spreads outwards below? Now imagine deleting a little material from just below the shoulder seam at the front, and imagine how that would straighten the jacket below the button as a result by lifting the top half inwards. Tough to put into words, but you get the idea, hopefully.

 

(As an aside, to work out the the difference between this flaring and that on my overcoat, look at a pattern or weave: the plaid on the overcoat remains vertical, but your herringbones start slanting sideways below the button).

 

 

Makes sense re: your jacket.

And yes, this and the other blazer I have are 42's when I'm realistically a 38... I bought them so I could layer with sweaters. The reason Why I want to take them back to have atleast an inch put back in is because with my bigger sweaters, they're tight when they're just on. Honestly, one of my sweaters fits fine under a jcrew tweed blazer that's a 38. I feel a bit of tightness in the back when I cross my arms, but it feels natural.


With this and the other blazer (the other is tighter), I feel like robocop!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post
 

What is the difference?

 

I like the style of khakis & chinos.  I just really don't like the color in khakis.  Chinos come in a variety of colors that I've seen. 


Khaki's are essentially chino's in the 'sand' color. The usage of the word is now colloquially ambiguous given that khaki is used to describe this style of pants even in other colors. See 'dockers: alpha khaki' for instance. They're chinos, technically speaking, but that's not how they're described.

post #65908 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

I'm going to be a grump and say that while it's a beautiful suit and fits you very well indeed, I think a slightly higher buttoning point and a more closed front would flatter your build even more. Then again, I just don't really like very open & very curved fronts on anyone, so my personal prejudices come into play here.
Anyway, what do I know, I'm wearing a cartoon tie... cool.gif

maybe so, but i love it as is. and i love the curvaceousness of it all, so i guess horses for courses on this one.

you look nice today, btw. cartoon tie and all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleroller View Post

What is the difference?
I like the style of khakis & chinos.  I just really don't like the color in khakis.  Chinos come in a variety of colors that I've seen. 

idk, was messin. i like khakis and chinos, i have many pairs. smile.gif
post #65909 of 78717

Stitchy just knows better than to post fit pics when he's wearing them.

post #65910 of 78717
incorrect! i have posted fit pics in chinos/khakis, but they are generally reserved for summer, and they are awesome. would you like me to find one for you?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III