or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4383  

post #65731 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansimeon View Post
 

New shoes and new (thrifted) tie today! Comments on the tie/shirt combo? I normally only wear darker ties but couldnt pass on this Corneliani for $1.50 :)

Where are the shoes from? That's gorgeous colouring. 

post #65732 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

Back to basics...

 

Very nice. That tie adds just the right amount of visual interest.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaJen View Post
 

Pingson always complains about his light, yet always has great photographs (to go with his great outfits). I, on the other hand, complain about the light and back it up with concomitant photography.

 

Today's security guard is brought to you by Polo Ralph Lauren (SC and pants), ancient madder, and last night's Hanukkah gift, a little something from Luxire.

 

Love the new square. Happy Hanukkah, brother.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer View Post

 

Good for you for going out of your comfort zone. Looks great. Do you think it will be a regular in the rotation?

 

Thanks for the thumbs yesterday, gents. More Tweed today:

 

 

Details... (Click to show)

 

 

post #65733 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelyork View Post


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Thanks for the feedback Spezziamo and ImTheGroom.

The overcoat is size 52.  I'm 5'11" / 181cm (no shoes, no socks, doctor's measurement) and 166lb weight.  
I bought the overcoat in Milano a few months ago.  I tried on 50, the sleeves were short and it felt tight in the chest/underarms area--especially if I stretched my arms out.  But 50 was also loose in the lower chest, waist and gut area!  Still sales guy said "no, no 50 for you!  52 for you!.  you shoulders!"  I don't know if he was just trying to sell to me.

Apologies also for the poor quality photo.  it's phone and the angle is bizarre.  Just noticed that the photo makes it look like I have a gold earring and a white beard stubble!  facepalm.gif   neither which i have.

Obviously i plan to wear it over suits as well, but as often without.  i'll try to get a suit pic.

This is what a suit size 52 fits on me like.  Is it too big?  Obviously it is also new--pants not hemmed, sleeves unfinished, etc.  The suit is Drop 8.
Created with GIMP


Created with GIMP


My body could just be weird--i have relatively broad shoulders.   the shirt is too big for me, i know.


Other big problem is, I live in Toronto now.  In that overcoat, I am freezing, the fabric is so thin.  I need to get a proper long coat in a thick cashmere.

Bulk up. Hit the gym and add some muscle definition
post #65734 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotton Dockers View Post
 

 

Very nice. That tie adds just the right amount of visual interest.

 

 

Love the new square. Happy Hanukkah, brother.

 

 

Good for you for going out of your comfort zone. Looks great. Do you think it will be a regular in the rotation?

 

Thanks for the thumbs yesterday, gents. More Tweed today:

 

 

Details... (Click to show)

 

 

 

Thanks and Happy Hanukkah to you, too. Last of the crazy nights tonight! By the way, from where was the deer bone purchased?

Another nice tweed, but surely you are a rare bird indeed in the city of Angels, and even more so as an entertainment attorney (I recall that correctly, right?), wearing tweed. What is it today, 65deg?

post #65735 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by emiristol View Post
 

Where are the shoes from? That's gorgeous colouring. 

 

Thanks! They're from Cordwainer. :)

post #65736 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelyork View Post
 

Other big problem is, I live in Toronto now.  In that overcoat, I am freezing,

This was a Very mild week by TO Winter standards. That jacket will be useless in a month, unless you're wearing 5 layers under it at which point it'd fit at least.

post #65737 of 78717
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

As for light this is what I am dealing with this time of the year

 

And here's me thinking the light in England is poor. Mind you, part of that is my fault as I don't generally get up until late in the morning, so the actual amount of daylight I see is similar to you.

 

Originally Posted by clarinetplayer View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

First outing of my new Suit Supply Havana that I purchased in Chicago a few days ago. This check/plaid is way out of my comfort zone. I could easily picture Holdfast or Clags or Acute Style pulling this off but not me.

 

Ha, I don't really like patch pocket suits for myself, but I do really like that fabric. Whole suit looks great on you, too.

post #65738 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post
 

 

And here's me thinking the light in England is poor. Mind you, part of that is my fault as I don't generally get up until late in the morning, so the actual amount of daylight I see is similar to you.

 

 

 

Wow! How nice. When young children entered the fray such decadence exited, but I remember those times fondly.

post #65739 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post


Great looking tie, I'm a real sucker for madders. Maker??

As for light this is what I am dealing with this time of the year musicboohoo[1].gif

 

I just taught my students about the mathematics of this last week.  :teach:  Science and math at it's best (or worst for you).    

post #65740 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by kulata View Post


Bulk up. Hit the gym and add some muscle definition

 

 

Thanks for the constructive criticism.  (I think?  or intentionally snarky?!?  can't tell!)

 

Yeah, I have no definition in my shoulders/arms.  need to get that somehow.  the suit and coat are both 52!  that's a large.  also 50 is tight in the shoulders/chest and very loose in the gut area.  bulking won't help that.  but will it help me fit better into 52?

 

not doing this though--which seems to be a very popular retort to the 'bulk up!' comment in the streetwear side of styleforum.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Dlwgosh View Post
 

This was a Very mild week by TO Winter standards. That jacket will be useless in a month, unless you're wearing 5 layers under it at which point it'd fit at least.

 

 

what do you wear in the winter?

post #65741 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelyork View Post

what do you wear in the winter?

 

Sorry if I came across as Snarky, I was shooting for 'tongue in cheek'. As for my winter wear in Toronto I just have a topcoat from London Fog that I got at The Bay for $200. I don't dress up all that often and when I do I'm downtown where I can be strategic and make use of the Path as much as possible so I'm not outside for more than the time it takes to get a cab or cross the street to wherever I'm going for a weekend dinner. But yeah, if you're going to be out much in the winter here you definitely need something warm, including head gear. Fashion wise it's very accepted that you'll see people in toques or heavy hats with ear flaps and such. January and February and even in to March can be painfully cold here.

post #65742 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Dlwgosh View Post
 

 

Sorry if I came across as Snarky, I was shooting for 'tongue in cheek'. As for my winter wear in Toronto I just have a topcoat from London Fog that I got at The Bay for $200. I don't dress up all that often and when I do I'm downtown where I can be strategic and make use of the Path as much as possible so I'm not outside for more than the time it takes to get a cab or cross the street to wherever I'm going for a weekend dinner. But yeah, if you're going to be out much in the winter here you definitely need something warm, including head gear. Fashion wise it's very accepted that you'll see people in toques or heavy hats with ear flaps and such. January and February and even in to March can be painfully cold here.

 

hahaha.  no, didn't mean you :)

 

yes, i do a lot of walking, so i had a feeling that coat was going to be useless.  it's luciano barbera, but the line is called "samurai".  i don't know much about barbera, but i assume "samurai" was targetted for the japanese market?   aka mild tokyo winters?

 

oddly enough, yesterday i was freezing waiting to cross the street, and i see some guy in a nice long warm overcoat rush out of royal bank plaza and straight into a cab!  seems to be the way here.  

 

i lived in zurich and boston before here, so i'm used to the cold, though this may be the coldest.  have not lived in my native brazil since i was 18.

post #65743 of 78717

What do you guys think about this jacket.  Also, new shoes inspired by Cotton Dockers.  These are the tightest 10.5 D's I've ever tried on.  I'll try to get them stretched.  Otherwise, I'm selling them.  

 

 

 

 


 

Details. (Click to show)

 

post #65744 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post

Mr. Reeves:


If you are going to post shots of a green mohair three-piece suit, it deserves a better photographic representation that what you have provided us. satisfied.gif

I agree. Trust me though it really is quite awesome looking smile.gif

Im sure I will put some better shots up of it next time.
post #65745 of 78717
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansimeon View Post

New shoes and new (thrifted) tie today! Comments on the tie/shirt combo? I normally only wear darker ties but couldnt pass on this Corneliani for $1.50 smile.gif






Fantastic color shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III