I would not say they are. I am far from the expert, but in my opinion it really depends on the texture of the shirt and the type of stripe.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:16 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4362post #65416 of 7871711/28/13 at 12:41pmpost #65417 of 7871711/28/13 at 12:54pmpost #65418 of 7871711/28/13 at 1:07pmQuote:
I love all the pieces. I think the tie is too light. There's not enough contrast. If you keep the tie, I think a lighter pocket square would help add more contrast.post #65419 of 7871711/28/13 at 1:41pm
I know the feeling. Sigh.
Your dedication in going to get a good pic far surpasses mine however.
Shirt is new (another Luxire), as are the shoes. I've been meaning to pick up a pair of dark brown oxfords, but wanted something sturdy with dainite soles, to copy with winter rain. Herring Knightsbridge was ideal, pictured below. Selling off a pair of leather-soled Lobbs that don't fit me well in order to fund the purchase, if anyone wants to buy them!post #65420 of 7871711/28/13 at 1:55pmpost #65421 of 7871711/28/13 at 2:38pmpost #65422 of 7871711/28/13 at 2:41pmpost #65423 of 7871711/28/13 at 3:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by DonCologne
Show this Oxxdord clothes sports coat a week ago (on the left side and under daylight) and it was too tight. After the coat was at the tailor, it fits very well (right side under artifical light)
I'm not sure how or why, but the corners of the collar seem to be turning up? Im very picky with my clothing but for me this wouldn't be acceptable, it's reminiscent of very cheap tailoring, perhaps email Oxxford to explain the issue?post #65424 of 7871711/28/13 at 5:15pmpost #65425 of 7871711/28/13 at 6:06pmsorry-- flight got cancelled yesterday and was in a bad mood. shouldn't have been so harsh, you're rightQuote:Originally Posted by YRR92
You're being a little tasteless here, and far less than kind.
rtc, a lot of people post a few fits, and then lurk/don't post fits for a while until they feel they've nailed things down a bit. That way, the energy that goes into posting in here can go into learning a bit and coming at things from a more-educated point of view. I've done that intermittently.post #65426 of 7871711/28/13 at 6:13pmQuote:
Trust me, if I never edited myself for tone before posting, I'd be twice as bad as that nearly all of the time.
Sorry to hear about your flight. Hope it worked out well enough for you.post #65427 of 7871711/28/13 at 6:27pmpost #65428 of 7871711/28/13 at 7:27pmHope you folks are having a good holiday.
As for the so called confrontation:
Look, I'm easy. You're all trying to help but I can't throw down that much hard cash for an outfit. I'm not offended and I'm not that reactionary.
I'm definitely using the advice here to see what kind of things I should buy and maybe have altered and what stuff I should pass on. The links with suggestions I use to keep in mind styles I should look out for.
I'm honestly not offended. I have no problem with anyone here and I'm grateful for all the help.
Happy thanksgiving you lot!post #65429 of 7871711/28/13 at 8:09pmpost #65430 of 7871711/28/13 at 8:58pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Citizens of Humanity Core Ultimate Jean Size 33 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 5 minutes ago
- › Excess cloth in new Polo Ralph Lauren? 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...