Beautiful, G-~Mac. But please don't do the denim.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 5:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4354
Styleforum Top Pickspost #65297 of 7871911/26/13 at 10:22amYep! (Click to show)
Nothing against denim but why, when you can look like this?post #65298 of 7871911/26/13 at 10:35ampost #65299 of 7871911/26/13 at 10:39ampost #65300 of 7871911/26/13 at 10:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
To me, the herringbones differ enough in prominence to be fine (the light jacket is much fainter than the darker waistcoat) and the whole purpose of the challenge was monochrome, so avoiding square/tie matching would be impossible. Besides there looks like another pattern on the square anyway. I didn't realise it was a BD shirt rather than just a bar... theoretically I don't like that combo. But if I didn't see it, it clearly didn't bother me!
Ah, I didn't realise others had/could contribute to it. It looked to me like it was just his personal selections. Yeah, fair enough then, less fragmentation makes sense.
Really terrible photo quality today. Little looks right; either too bright, too dark, wrong colour, too over-corrected or whatever. Meh...
Shirt & trousers are new. Both are summer pieces, but as I only just got them, I wanted to wear them the once now. From Luxire, the shirt has a one-piece collar and is really intended for wearing without a jacket. The trousers are my first such order from them and will need a bit of tweaking. But not bad for a first attempt!
What is the fabric on this coat? Is it from H&S?post #65301 of 7871911/26/13 at 11:16ampost #65302 of 7871911/26/13 at 11:17amQuoted Goodness (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Cleav
Yep! (Click to show)
Nothing against denim but why, when you can look like this?
Thanks e'rybody. Sorry I didn't spoiler; I was on my phone at the time.
One comment I was planning to make had I posted yesterday: With a recent pickup in my size, I now have enough suits to make it through the entire semester without a repeat. (Ahem, assuming I wear my black suit. What?! Everyone needs one for a funeral)post #65303 of 7871911/26/13 at 11:43ammimo, is the DB more textured than it appears in the photo? It's looking a bit orphaned-suit-jacket... I want to like, but I need reassurance.
EDIT: Stitchy. Fuck you. And I mean that in the most envious way possible. You're killing it lately, and I love hate you for it.post #65304 of 7871911/26/13 at 11:47ampost #65305 of 7871911/26/13 at 11:59amQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
mimo, is the DB more textured than it appears in the photo? It's looking a bit orphaned-suit-jacket... I want to like, but I need reassurance.
EDIT: Stitchy. Fuck you. And I mean that in the most envious way possible. You're killing it lately, and I love hate you for it.
It's pretty light and smooth, although it's got a nice fleck through it. To be honest, if I had more I'd have made a suit. But I only had enough for a jacket, so I tried to make it less "orphan" by giving it brown horn buttons to contrast, four of same instead of six, and patch pockets. Also barely any padding in the shoulders. You made me sad! I really like it though :)
(Except the bit about Stitchy, which is funny and true)post #65306 of 7871911/26/13 at 12:03pmpost #65307 of 7871911/26/13 at 12:12pm
Thrifted a camel hair jacket in my size yesterday so figured I'd try it out!
I know these shoes aren't your style, but this is what I got. Wearing a navy peacoat, but it's gap and showing it's age so I'm not posting a pic of the outerwear!post #65308 of 7871911/26/13 at 12:26pmpost #65309 of 7871911/26/13 at 12:34pmpost #65310 of 7871911/26/13 at 12:47pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › SWD Fit Challenge VOTING - Most Stylish Farmer (Ends Feb 3) 25 seconds ago
- › Bernie Sanders, trad icon? 49 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 59 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 9 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 9 minutes ago
- › Bow Ties 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...