Individually, I like both the green and the pink with the suit, just not the green and pink at the same time.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4354post #65296 of 7871711/26/13 at 10:35ampost #65297 of 7871711/26/13 at 10:39ampost #65298 of 7871711/26/13 at 10:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
To me, the herringbones differ enough in prominence to be fine (the light jacket is much fainter than the darker waistcoat) and the whole purpose of the challenge was monochrome, so avoiding square/tie matching would be impossible. Besides there looks like another pattern on the square anyway. I didn't realise it was a BD shirt rather than just a bar... theoretically I don't like that combo. But if I didn't see it, it clearly didn't bother me!
Ah, I didn't realise others had/could contribute to it. It looked to me like it was just his personal selections. Yeah, fair enough then, less fragmentation makes sense.
Really terrible photo quality today. Little looks right; either too bright, too dark, wrong colour, too over-corrected or whatever. Meh...
Shirt & trousers are new. Both are summer pieces, but as I only just got them, I wanted to wear them the once now. From Luxire, the shirt has a one-piece collar and is really intended for wearing without a jacket. The trousers are my first such order from them and will need a bit of tweaking. But not bad for a first attempt!
What is the fabric on this coat? Is it from H&S?post #65299 of 7871711/26/13 at 11:16ampost #65300 of 7871711/26/13 at 11:17amQuoted Goodness (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Cleav
Yep! (Click to show)
Nothing against denim but why, when you can look like this?
Thanks e'rybody. Sorry I didn't spoiler; I was on my phone at the time.
One comment I was planning to make had I posted yesterday: With a recent pickup in my size, I now have enough suits to make it through the entire semester without a repeat. (Ahem, assuming I wear my black suit. What?! Everyone needs one for a funeral)post #65301 of 7871711/26/13 at 11:43ammimo, is the DB more textured than it appears in the photo? It's looking a bit orphaned-suit-jacket... I want to like, but I need reassurance.
EDIT: Stitchy. Fuck you. And I mean that in the most envious way possible. You're killing it lately, and I love hate you for it.post #65302 of 7871711/26/13 at 11:47ampost #65303 of 7871711/26/13 at 11:59amQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
mimo, is the DB more textured than it appears in the photo? It's looking a bit orphaned-suit-jacket... I want to like, but I need reassurance.
EDIT: Stitchy. Fuck you. And I mean that in the most envious way possible. You're killing it lately, and I love hate you for it.
It's pretty light and smooth, although it's got a nice fleck through it. To be honest, if I had more I'd have made a suit. But I only had enough for a jacket, so I tried to make it less "orphan" by giving it brown horn buttons to contrast, four of same instead of six, and patch pockets. Also barely any padding in the shoulders. You made me sad! I really like it though :)
(Except the bit about Stitchy, which is funny and true)post #65304 of 7871711/26/13 at 12:03pmpost #65305 of 7871711/26/13 at 12:12pm
Thrifted a camel hair jacket in my size yesterday so figured I'd try it out!
I know these shoes aren't your style, but this is what I got. Wearing a navy peacoat, but it's gap and showing it's age so I'm not posting a pic of the outerwear!post #65306 of 7871711/26/13 at 12:26pmpost #65307 of 7871711/26/13 at 12:34pmpost #65308 of 7871711/26/13 at 12:47pmpost #65309 of 7871711/26/13 at 12:54pmpost #65310 of 7871711/26/13 at 1:48pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 19 seconds ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › #ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The... 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › The Official "Hall of Fame" Outfit of the Day thread. 8 minutes ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 11 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 12 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding