Nothing against denim but why, when you can look like this?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4354post #65296 of 7871811/26/13 at 10:22ampost #65297 of 7871811/26/13 at 10:35ampost #65298 of 7871811/26/13 at 10:39ampost #65299 of 7871811/26/13 at 10:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
To me, the herringbones differ enough in prominence to be fine (the light jacket is much fainter than the darker waistcoat) and the whole purpose of the challenge was monochrome, so avoiding square/tie matching would be impossible. Besides there looks like another pattern on the square anyway. I didn't realise it was a BD shirt rather than just a bar... theoretically I don't like that combo. But if I didn't see it, it clearly didn't bother me!
Ah, I didn't realise others had/could contribute to it. It looked to me like it was just his personal selections. Yeah, fair enough then, less fragmentation makes sense.
Really terrible photo quality today. Little looks right; either too bright, too dark, wrong colour, too over-corrected or whatever. Meh...
Shirt & trousers are new. Both are summer pieces, but as I only just got them, I wanted to wear them the once now. From Luxire, the shirt has a one-piece collar and is really intended for wearing without a jacket. The trousers are my first such order from them and will need a bit of tweaking. But not bad for a first attempt!
What is the fabric on this coat? Is it from H&S?post #65300 of 7871811/26/13 at 11:16ampost #65301 of 7871811/26/13 at 11:17amQuoted Goodness (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Cleav
Yep! (Click to show)
Nothing against denim but why, when you can look like this?
Thanks e'rybody. Sorry I didn't spoiler; I was on my phone at the time.
One comment I was planning to make had I posted yesterday: With a recent pickup in my size, I now have enough suits to make it through the entire semester without a repeat. (Ahem, assuming I wear my black suit. What?! Everyone needs one for a funeral)post #65302 of 7871811/26/13 at 11:43ammimo, is the DB more textured than it appears in the photo? It's looking a bit orphaned-suit-jacket... I want to like, but I need reassurance.
EDIT: Stitchy. Fuck you. And I mean that in the most envious way possible. You're killing it lately, and I love hate you for it.post #65303 of 7871811/26/13 at 11:47ampost #65304 of 7871811/26/13 at 11:59amQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
mimo, is the DB more textured than it appears in the photo? It's looking a bit orphaned-suit-jacket... I want to like, but I need reassurance.
EDIT: Stitchy. Fuck you. And I mean that in the most envious way possible. You're killing it lately, and I love hate you for it.
It's pretty light and smooth, although it's got a nice fleck through it. To be honest, if I had more I'd have made a suit. But I only had enough for a jacket, so I tried to make it less "orphan" by giving it brown horn buttons to contrast, four of same instead of six, and patch pockets. Also barely any padding in the shoulders. You made me sad! I really like it though :)
(Except the bit about Stitchy, which is funny and true)post #65305 of 7871811/26/13 at 12:03pmpost #65306 of 7871811/26/13 at 12:12pm
Thrifted a camel hair jacket in my size yesterday so figured I'd try it out!
I know these shoes aren't your style, but this is what I got. Wearing a navy peacoat, but it's gap and showing it's age so I'm not posting a pic of the outerwear!post #65307 of 7871811/26/13 at 12:26pmpost #65308 of 7871811/26/13 at 12:34pmpost #65309 of 7871811/26/13 at 12:47pmpost #65310 of 7871811/26/13 at 12:54pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 4 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 25 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 30 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 39 minutes ago
- › $3K Mario Caldi Made in Italy BUTTERY SOFT Suede Nubuck A-1 Bomber... 46 minutes ago
- › visvim footwear sale size US 10 / 10.5 / 11 49 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding