Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4350post #65237 of 7871711/25/13 at 3:06pmQuote:
GDL had one 6-9 months ago that he tried to resurrect, but it hasn't been touched in quite a while, unless there is some secret subforum that only the cool kids are invited to.
I think this would be a great idea if we can keep it going. It's great to have a collection of inspirational fits, no matter your wardrobe or skill level.post #65238 of 7871711/25/13 at 3:17pmQuote:I'd fasten the bottom button of the overcoat (the convention of not fastening the bottom button comes from a frequent practice with waistcoats) and would buckle rather than tie the belt; but this is an excellent ensemble.Originally Posted by luv2breformed
Woke up to white powder everywhere this morning, No matter, Sunday best plus a little bit extra to keep the cold at bay. Feedback on my new (to me) suit and/or overcoat is welcome and appreciated. Well, any feedback for that matter!
I thought my gray overcoat would finish it all well and threw on my gray fedora also. I actually hadn't planned on a particular scarf, but this one felt like it hit the palette perfectly.post #65239 of 7871711/25/13 at 3:26pmQuote:
I tend to like leaving the bottom button of my overcoat undone, unless it's particularly cold or windy. I actually feel it makes more practical sense on an overcoat than a jacket or a waistcoat. I walk with a long stride and it makes it easier, and puts less stress on the buttons and vent seam.post #65240 of 7871711/25/13 at 3:44pmpost #65241 of 7871711/25/13 at 4:30pmpost #65242 of 7871711/25/13 at 6:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gianni Cerutti
Today on the train ... Time passes more .... what do you think? Obviously, tie and pocket square-I made them myself with my hands =)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Love.Quote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Today, inspired by AAS fantastic recent monochrome fit. This one isn't monochrome, but it's certainly inspired by the fit he put together:
Well done.post #65243 of 7871711/25/13 at 6:32pm
Thank you for your encouragement concerning this outfit, gentleman. There were three things about it I thought would not go over well on SF.
1) The vest and jacket are both herringbone.
2) The pocket square and tie match.
3) I'm wearing a collar bar with a button down shirt.
I didn't say anything about this before because I didn't want to sabotage myself the challenge. So apparently these things were overlooked or maybe they aren't as offensive as I think they are. What of it?post #65244 of 7871711/25/13 at 7:39pmDoc, gdl's thread is open to submission from others so it isn't really a presentation of one person's favorites (and I'm sorry that I didn't catch the reference to it in your post). You're certainly welcome to create a new thread, but a revitalization of gdl's might serve the same purpose and reduce the fragmentation, if only a bit.post #65245 of 7871711/25/13 at 8:37pmpost #65246 of 7871711/25/13 at 8:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by ridethecliche
It's a new week so here's to a new attempt.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Right sleeve of blazer got caught on the thing behind me in the pic. Didn't notice till now, else I would have retaken :/
(Could this use waist suppression or is it just not the right cut for me? The V is verrryyy slight.)
I think I got SF approved slacks!
And when I wore them to work I realized that they were too short, luckily there's a bunch of fabric there so I can have them lengthened. Score!
Is this something that needs doing or are they acceptable as is? Does no break mean that they just kiss the top of the shoe or that socks are visible when standing. I know these are supposed to be no break pants. There's currently about 1-1.5 inch gap between the end of my pant and the start of the back of my shoe.
Wool socks because it is COLD!
Questions, what are the thoughts on the shoes? Are they interview worthy?
Pants: to be lengthened or acceptable as is?
Before addressing the shoes, I think that the trousers really don't work with the patterned jacket.
The trousers do not appear to be patterned as such but their texture, from the photo, is practically a
pattern and it clashes with the plaid of the jacket
The shoes are fine for an interview in a dressy dark suit. However they do not really work with
the combination in your photos. They are too formfal IMHO.post #65247 of 7871711/25/13 at 8:41pmone of your best yet-- colors, updated pattern, and tie all look great to me! are you using collar bones in your shirt collars/ if so, are they long enough?Quote:Originally Posted by DonCologne
Next outfit for the nightshift and today with the classic blue blazer and grey trousers combination
Full shot and details (Click to show)post #65248 of 7871711/25/13 at 8:49pmQuote:
A Bowtie with that sweater? You would make it look even more comical.
I would lose that color sweater period. BTW, I really like the cut of your jacket
but it looks a size too small for you.post #65249 of 7871711/25/13 at 8:54pmpost #65250 of 7871711/25/13 at 11:07pmQuote:
Thats my problem with Tailorstore MTO shirts. I choose the "two button cut-away" because this collar has a good height (4,5 cm) and long collar end (9 cm). The only problem is, that the collar stays are very poorly sewn in.
So next times I will give Luxire a try.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Viberg Boots 2 seconds ago
- › Jeeves - Vass shoes and elegant menswear accessories - Official... 10 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 31 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL Trump v. Clinton Debate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › FIRST POST - Suit Shopping this weekend - must buy! Need some guidance 7 minutes ago
- › TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 9 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...