Wait for summer, improved light gives improved HF-resolution.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4332
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64967 of 7872111/21/13 at 9:54ampost #64968 of 7872111/21/13 at 9:58ampost #64969 of 7872111/21/13 at 10:01amQuote:
And here in boston, I'm appreciative that they actually have to put some thought into what they wear to look good instead of wearing tank tops and booty shorts all the time.
I need to move to nyc.post #64970 of 7872111/21/13 at 10:07ampost #64971 of 7872111/21/13 at 10:07ampost #64972 of 7872111/21/13 at 10:13ampost #64973 of 7872111/21/13 at 10:21amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Let me tell you how technologically behind the times I am: my phone is 7+ years old, so its camera remains beyond terrible. I don't know exactly, but it's probably something like 2 or 3 megapixels! Hence my still owning a separate P&S camera. Which is even older than the phone, by the way!
I generally keep things until they break rather than upgrading constantly, so tend to have much older tech than most people. Hell, I only got a new laptop a year or two ago because the old one finally died after about 8 years faithful service. I'll keep the current one until it dies too. Another example: I replaced my 10 year old car last month because it needed an engine stripdown to fix a problem, and it wasn't worth doing that. It doesn't bother me to have outdated stuff as long as it still does what I want it to. When I do get round to getting something new, I tend to buy something nice. It's just that I don't buy it unless what it's replacing is beyond redemption.
Having said all that, I think even my old P&S is better than using a modern phone camera for this kind of snap, if only because it can sit somewhere stable. If there is decent lighting, it takes decent photos; I just don't get good light in that room from about late September until about March, and sadly there's nowhere else in the house with a ledge the right kind of distance to take a full-length pic.
My cell (a stupid phone) is about the same age. And I still have a non-flat TV (tube TV?). How about that?post #64974 of 7872111/21/13 at 10:26amKind Words! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by luv2breformed
IS, looking good here! What are the cuffs on this suit? I ask because I am 5'9", should be getting in a boatload of trousers this week, and will be giving very specific instructions to my tailor. I am torn between going 2" and maybe something a little more modest like 1.5".Quote:Quote:
luv2breformed, these cuffs are 1.75 inches. my fave hight for my build. im 5'10, and blessed with a generous gut and thighs.
SB, i would hope you all notice the hank. its from kamakura, and i love it. its cotton, but its kind of creamy in texture and its awesome. and only 10 bucks!
kulata - suit is sartoria formosa from nomanwalksalone.com
HF, i use my iphone 5 for all my pics and i adjust the color when needed in photobucket. i personally do not feel any great need to invest in a fancy camera solely for pit pics. also, getting pics from my phone to my comp with the photobucket app is so easy.post #64975 of 7872111/21/13 at 10:35ampost #64976 of 7872111/21/13 at 10:41ampost #64977 of 7872111/21/13 at 11:01ampost #64978 of 7872111/21/13 at 11:31amQuote:
Catching up on this thread so I don't know if this has been addressed, but you do realize you've got a Tom Ford suit in your profile pic right?post #64979 of 7872111/21/13 at 11:31am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
Currently, there are 1436 Active Users (309 Members and 1127 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 16 seconds ago
- › Best Mid-Level Suit? 37 seconds ago
- › Apolis | Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 9 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 14 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 19 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan