Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 9:42 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4330post #64936 of 7871911/21/13 at 6:10am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64937 of 7871911/21/13 at 6:15ampost #64938 of 7871911/21/13 at 6:23ampost #64939 of 7871911/21/13 at 6:28amQuote:
Sports coat is at the tailor and she lets 4 cm out. So after that the coat should fit very well and if not I can give additional 3-4 cm in the middle seam.Quote:
Did you every had an Oxxford clothes sports coat in your hands? That coat I get yesterday in a 40 x 25 x 10 cm large box from the USA. I freshed and steamed it in my pret-a-porter and it seems I had to ironing the clollar and lapel a little bit. You can be sure the coat is fully canvassed.post #64940 of 7871911/21/13 at 6:41am
I wasn't questioning whether it was fully canvassed, I was just saying that it has the problems you find on cheaper suits, mentioning the fusing is actually nothing to do with it. On the lapel and collar ends there should be fullness from top cloth to bottom, otherwise the ends will pull away from the body of the jacket rather than sit tight, that appears to be happening with your coat. Whether this is the construction or ironing I'm not surepost #64941 of 7871911/21/13 at 6:43ampost #64942 of 7871911/21/13 at 6:45ampost #64943 of 7871911/21/13 at 6:49ampost #64944 of 7871911/21/13 at 6:56ampost #64945 of 7871911/21/13 at 6:59ampost #64946 of 7871911/21/13 at 7:15ampost #64947 of 7871911/21/13 at 7:28amFor the challenge.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The interesting thing about this fit is that both the shirt and the suit had their maker tags removed when I found them, so I don't know who made them, but they are extremely high quality.
Tie is Tom Ford. Socks are Pantherella and the shoes are Bally. Overcoat is vintage Brooks. Square and belt are unremarkable/unknown.
Edited by GMMcL - 11/21/13 at 8:22ampost #64948 of 7871911/21/13 at 7:40ampost #64949 of 7871911/21/13 at 8:11amQuote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
For the challenge.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I have the same Tom Ford tie and it's been pointed out to me and I now see that it would go better with a pale blue shirt, which I believe you've tried already. Below is an old post of mine. Cheers!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › APC New Standard size 30 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 4 minutes ago
- › BNWT Story et Fall Grey Suede Side Zips, 43 7 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?