Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4324post #64846 of 7871911/20/13 at 7:13am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64847 of 7871911/20/13 at 7:31ampost #64848 of 7871911/20/13 at 7:38amQuote:Quote:
Absolutely love these two.post #64849 of 7871911/20/13 at 7:49ampost #64850 of 7871911/20/13 at 8:01ampost #64851 of 7871911/20/13 at 8:02amQuote:Originally Posted by Pingson
Horrible light here nowadays, the sun barely makes it above the horizon and for only a few hours to boot. I hate living at this latitude this time of the year Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
looks great. im also having a really hard time with the lighting here. before 8AM its too overcast/dark and past 8:30AM the sun is glaring in my spot.
that being said, i had to move to a different, less optimal, location in my front yard for this, and i could not get a full pic that did not muddle the SC and tie...
grrrrrrrrrrpost #64852 of 7871911/20/13 at 8:04ampost #64853 of 7871911/20/13 at 8:09ampost #64854 of 7871911/20/13 at 8:21ampost #64855 of 7871911/20/13 at 8:37amQuote:Originally Posted by MGD83
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm a little late to this part of the conversation, but I'll just add that you showed examples of well known celebrities. 2 in particular - Clooney and Ford - have adopted a "look" that they keep pretty consistent. Seeing as they are frequent purveyors of late night activities and red carpets, a black suit works. If you also find yourself frequenting these occasions then by all means go forth with your D&G black suit. But for we non-celebs in a regular office environment, black is a no go if you are over the age of college.post #64856 of 7871911/20/13 at 8:43amQuote:
That's a good point; thanks for the input.post #64857 of 7871911/20/13 at 8:44amQuote:
My bad then. However I will caution you against benchmarking fashion and taste and clothing in general against doctors. Very few rank high on the fashionable or well dressed scale, ESPECIALLY to SF standards. (no offense HF, or any other doctors who frequent this board. my experience is based on those my wife works with, and others I've seen while traveling with her to industry conferences. there are always exceptions.)post #64858 of 7871911/20/13 at 8:49amQuote:Originally Posted by CousinDonuts
My bad then. However I will caution you against benchmarking fashion and taste and clothing in general against doctors. Very few rank high on the fashionable or well dressed scale, ESPECIALLY to SF standards. (no offense HF, or any other doctors who frequent this board. my experience is based on those my wife works with, and others I've seen while traveling with her to industry conferences. there are always exceptions.)
Agreed. At my old department, they just didn't know how to dress. I've done double takes pretty often walking around the hospital thinking 'wtf is that guy wearing!'.
These guys all look decent trending towards good. One of them looks awesome every single time he wears a suit. He'd even get a few likes on this page for his fits. Seriously, his suits fit great.post #64859 of 7871911/20/13 at 9:01amQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Please don't ban me for this, but I do dare ask the question...is the tie a little narrow for the lapels? (or is that just a consequence of a DB jacket?)post #64860 of 7871911/20/13 at 9:04am
thanks, a. i owe you for the tie rec.
high shoe praise coming from you.Quote:
why thank you, clags!
i would like to note though, the SC is more of a purple-gray than a rust-brown to my eye irl, but every time i post it it seems to come off to people as a rust/brown. either way, kop as you planned.
also, i think yesterdays was better, but as long as you like both we are cool. <3Quote:
thanks, choc! that blows though. F/W gear is teh best gear.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 55 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 20 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 24 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 24 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 26 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 29 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...