Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:53 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4322post #64816 of 7872111/19/13 at 4:25pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64817 of 7872111/19/13 at 4:40pmpost #64818 of 7872111/19/13 at 4:40pmQuote:
Either way, I will take this as a compliment. Thanks.Quote:
Thank you, sir. The shirt is a heavy cotton twill. It's from TM Lewin believer it or not. I got it about two years ago.post #64819 of 7872111/19/13 at 4:49pmpost #64820 of 7872111/19/13 at 4:56pmpost #64821 of 7872111/19/13 at 5:18pm
The minute someone mentioned yoox i thought that wouldn't work for you.
This is what i would do:
Choose simple ties over bad patterned ones.
Your jackets seem to long or large in the hips to me. Altering them instead of buying a new one wouldn't be better?
Other thing you can do. Buy One SC that fits you well, maybe spend a little more. Do it with time. Some people here look like they have new clothes everyday. Not everyone can afford that.
Buy piece by piece. For instance don't use ties, go to those later. Don't do it all at once. Go slower. Start with a small wardrobe with good pieces. It's good to use cheaper stuff to test how it fits but if you spend too much on cheap stuff when you do the math that could be enough to buy something betterpost #64822 of 7872111/19/13 at 5:26pm
Today I took some loose inspiration from DonCologne and Holdfast:(I apologize for some of the blurriness in the low lighting)I started with the jacket. I added contrasting cords to match the vibe. I picked a blue ocbd next which was similarly casual. I felt a knit was required and I chose red/burgundy to pick up on the overcheck. I figured the pocket square should be light colored, I chose cream silk to contrast the jacket and bring some lighter color up top. Finished with casual brown loafer and comfy wool socks.post #64823 of 7872111/19/13 at 5:49pmI hope that vintage store isn't where you're currently getting stuff, man-- because honestly, between the tie and the black kiltie loafers.....not good, they gotta go!
I think vintage is hard to do well, and that there may be many who try but few succeed in finding good pieces and wearing them in style. You're probably better off working ebay or waiting for a good markdown at suitsupply or yoox. I'd much rather have a preowned boglioli jacket from ebay and two $45 ties from suitsupply than to have a dated look absent of the sharp style and sharp look you can achieve by learning from many of the forumites here who do it well!Quote:Originally Posted by ridethecliche
/me takes stylistic notes.
(Thanks for the recs. I'm not likely to buy any of those new, but I'll keep an eye out for stuff like this and there's a famous mens vintage store in town that I might have to revisit.)
I can see that actually. The thing is that I can't wear suits to work. If I did, then this would all be much easier. Only a couple of the surgeons here wear suits every day and most of them don't as they instead go with a SC and slacks. I can do the latter, but my wearing a suit would be quite out of place.post #64824 of 7872111/19/13 at 5:59pmAh, this must be the Formosa, right? Stitch, everything here is killer and tailored to perfection. And with suede shoes and the Hometime-- you, Sir, are badass.
can't wait to get back into suits and sportcoats again myself in bout 10 days!post #64825 of 7872111/19/13 at 6:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by luv2breformed
Today I took some loose inspiration from DonCologne and Holdfast:(I apologize for some of the blurriness in the low lighting)
This is a great combination, but the silhouette isn't particularly flattering.post #64826 of 7872111/19/13 at 6:17pmQuote:
Yes. It's great. Not exactly something you read through, but it's good for a quick reference if you don't want to bother with all the trouble of digging through journals online. It's also written well enough for occasional cafe reading (its use yesterday).
It will be in all likelihood accompanying me to my Kuala Lumpur vacation. My wife may come as well.
On a different note, the last couple of pages have been awesome. The last week and a half, I've been messing with fits that had some elements which were a bit off or unusual. Gonna return to safe and conservative to ride the wave of awesomeness that has seemed to have struck this thread.post #64827 of 7872111/19/13 at 6:44pmQuote:
noap! this is the panta custom. formosa birdseye went to tailor today. either way, thanks a mil!!!
looking forward to your return to MC duds.post #64828 of 7872111/19/13 at 7:06pmSpoo and Stitch, those ties are .... there are no words.
Warning: CRAPPY full shot; need to change the camera angle (Click to show)
PRL (hard to see, but there's a subtle green overcheck)
Unknown belt & square
C&Jpost #64829 of 7872111/19/13 at 8:13pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › The Official Beer Thread 53 seconds ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Margiela Wool Navy Peacoat, 46 (fits 48) 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 11 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan