Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4322post #64816 of 7872411/19/13 at 4:05pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64817 of 7872411/19/13 at 4:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
Thank you for all the thumbs yesterday. Here's something pretty different.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Not sure if I like your outfits or your photography better. Very nice.post #64818 of 7872411/19/13 at 4:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by An Acute Style
Thank you for all the thumbs yesterday. Here's something pretty different.
I wanted to wear these shoes yesterday, but decided against it at the last minute. I planned to wear them today and choose these olive/brown pants first to go with them. I picked the shirt next. I oxicleaned it two weeks ago. I haven't worn in in several months. I thought the brown went nicely with the olive and tan. I picked the brown wool herringbone tie next. More brown, but also another pattern. I thought about other brown ties mostly solid, but thought this was an interesting non traditional pattern mix. I decided to go all solids after that. I went with the tan vest. More brown, but also similar to the shoes and some more texture. I thought it was going to be too much brown so I added a navy sport coat and navy socks next. I ended with a solid white pocket square and a brown silk knot to echo the brown and white of the shirt. So here we go.
I must say that your matches are very interesting. You do not have anything out of place. Compliments.
What is the fabric of your shirt? Who manufactured the stuff? I love it.post #64819 of 7872411/19/13 at 4:25pmpost #64820 of 7872411/19/13 at 4:40pmpost #64821 of 7872411/19/13 at 4:40pmQuote:
Either way, I will take this as a compliment. Thanks.Quote:
Thank you, sir. The shirt is a heavy cotton twill. It's from TM Lewin believer it or not. I got it about two years ago.post #64822 of 7872411/19/13 at 4:49pmpost #64823 of 7872411/19/13 at 4:56pmpost #64824 of 7872411/19/13 at 5:18pm
The minute someone mentioned yoox i thought that wouldn't work for you.
This is what i would do:
Choose simple ties over bad patterned ones.
Your jackets seem to long or large in the hips to me. Altering them instead of buying a new one wouldn't be better?
Other thing you can do. Buy One SC that fits you well, maybe spend a little more. Do it with time. Some people here look like they have new clothes everyday. Not everyone can afford that.
Buy piece by piece. For instance don't use ties, go to those later. Don't do it all at once. Go slower. Start with a small wardrobe with good pieces. It's good to use cheaper stuff to test how it fits but if you spend too much on cheap stuff when you do the math that could be enough to buy something betterpost #64825 of 7872411/19/13 at 5:26pm
Today I took some loose inspiration from DonCologne and Holdfast:(I apologize for some of the blurriness in the low lighting)I started with the jacket. I added contrasting cords to match the vibe. I picked a blue ocbd next which was similarly casual. I felt a knit was required and I chose red/burgundy to pick up on the overcheck. I figured the pocket square should be light colored, I chose cream silk to contrast the jacket and bring some lighter color up top. Finished with casual brown loafer and comfy wool socks.post #64826 of 7872411/19/13 at 5:49pmI hope that vintage store isn't where you're currently getting stuff, man-- because honestly, between the tie and the black kiltie loafers.....not good, they gotta go!
I think vintage is hard to do well, and that there may be many who try but few succeed in finding good pieces and wearing them in style. You're probably better off working ebay or waiting for a good markdown at suitsupply or yoox. I'd much rather have a preowned boglioli jacket from ebay and two $45 ties from suitsupply than to have a dated look absent of the sharp style and sharp look you can achieve by learning from many of the forumites here who do it well!Quote:Originally Posted by ridethecliche
/me takes stylistic notes.
(Thanks for the recs. I'm not likely to buy any of those new, but I'll keep an eye out for stuff like this and there's a famous mens vintage store in town that I might have to revisit.)
I can see that actually. The thing is that I can't wear suits to work. If I did, then this would all be much easier. Only a couple of the surgeons here wear suits every day and most of them don't as they instead go with a SC and slacks. I can do the latter, but my wearing a suit would be quite out of place.post #64827 of 7872411/19/13 at 5:59pmAh, this must be the Formosa, right? Stitch, everything here is killer and tailored to perfection. And with suede shoes and the Hometime-- you, Sir, are badass.
can't wait to get back into suits and sportcoats again myself in bout 10 days!post #64828 of 7872411/19/13 at 6:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by luv2breformed
Today I took some loose inspiration from DonCologne and Holdfast:(I apologize for some of the blurriness in the low lighting)
This is a great combination, but the silhouette isn't particularly flattering.post #64829 of 7872411/19/13 at 6:17pmQuote:
Yes. It's great. Not exactly something you read through, but it's good for a quick reference if you don't want to bother with all the trouble of digging through journals online. It's also written well enough for occasional cafe reading (its use yesterday).
It will be in all likelihood accompanying me to my Kuala Lumpur vacation. My wife may come as well.
On a different note, the last couple of pages have been awesome. The last week and a half, I've been messing with fits that had some elements which were a bit off or unusual. Gonna return to safe and conservative to ride the wave of awesomeness that has seemed to have struck this thread.post #64830 of 7872411/19/13 at 6:44pmQuote:
noap! this is the panta custom. formosa birdseye went to tailor today. either way, thanks a mil!!!
looking forward to your return to MC duds.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Random fashion thoughts 40 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 48 seconds ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Foster & Son/Henry Maxwell: Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Streetwear & Denim Travel Recommendations 10 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)