Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4321post #64801 of 7872311/19/13 at 1:31pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64802 of 7872311/19/13 at 1:32pmQuote:
You need to watch the movie again, the most iconic suit in the movie is clearly navy (made by Douglas Hayward BTW).post #64803 of 7872311/19/13 at 1:40pmpost #64804 of 7872311/19/13 at 1:44pmpost #64805 of 7872311/19/13 at 1:45pmpost #64806 of 7872311/19/13 at 1:51pmpost #64807 of 7872311/19/13 at 2:07pm
The main thing for me is the colour of the suit, which if you've worn before, I haven't personally noticed before. That steely blue feels much more "aggressive" & eye-catching. The other elements are all arguably similar to your typical choices, but with the different backdrop of that suit, the overall ensemble "shouts" much louder. It looks good, though. I think it's one to trot out when you're in a more informal environment and are wearing a suit for leisure, rather than necessarily for work (depending on your line of work, naturally).
It's nice to see posters mixing things up a bit sometimes.post #64808 of 7872311/19/13 at 2:12pmpost #64809 of 7872311/19/13 at 2:15pmGood afternoon, Fred. Looking good as always.
Thanks for the explanation, HF. I have worn this suit before, but maybe it just didn't pop quite as much as it did this time. Either way, I'm glad you like it, and fortunately I work in an environment where wearing something a little bit more eye-catching is not at all a problem for me.post #64810 of 7872311/19/13 at 2:53pmpost #64811 of 7872311/19/13 at 3:01pmpost #64812 of 7872311/19/13 at 3:03pm
Thank you for all the thumbs yesterday. Here's something pretty different.
I wanted to wear these shoes yesterday, but decided against it at the last minute. I planned to wear them today and choose these olive/brown pants first to go with them. I picked the shirt next. I oxicleaned it two weeks ago. I haven't worn in in several months. I thought the brown went nicely with the olive and tan. I picked the brown wool herringbone tie next. More brown, but also another pattern. I thought about other brown ties mostly solid, but thought this was an interesting non traditional pattern mix. I decided to go all solids after that. I went with the tan vest. More brown, but also similar to the shoes and some more texture. I thought it was going to be too much brown so I added a navy sport coat and navy socks next. I ended with a solid white pocket square and a brown silk knot to echo the brown and white of the shirt. So here we go.
Edited by An Acute Style - 11/19/13 at 3:41pmpost #64813 of 7872311/19/13 at 3:23pmpost #64814 of 7872311/19/13 at 3:45pm
thanks I really appreciate the compliment. It was a compliment rite?
Thanks! Pings is awsm definitely. + this here below is crushing it. beautiful suit, reverse calf, blues n brownsQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 6 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 10 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)