Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4319post #64771 of 7871711/19/13 at 11:35ampost #64772 of 7871711/19/13 at 11:44ampost #64773 of 7871711/19/13 at 11:44ampost #64774 of 7871711/19/13 at 12:07pmQuote:
I don't know how the Styleforum Groupthink (SFGT) came up with the concept that both red and yellow ties are verboten. Great...so now we should not be using two of the three primary colors?post #64775 of 7871711/19/13 at 12:09pmpost #64776 of 7871711/19/13 at 12:12pm
NOT SF Compliant:
- Black Suits
- Red Ties
- Plain White Shirts
- Paying Retail
By the way, I just became an Executive Corporate member at Jos.A.Banks!
Just needed cedar hangers for my jackets.post #64777 of 7871711/19/13 at 12:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by Tirailleur1
A preview of some stuff I am working on. Shot this at Yegwa's store.
Wow...my eyes. I actually got a migraine because of the background. Nice pic though.post #64778 of 7871711/19/13 at 12:19pmQuote:
Black suits and white shirts are bad ass. Doesn't matter what anybody says - it's the damn truth.post #64779 of 7871711/19/13 at 12:21pmpost #64780 of 7871711/19/13 at 12:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by ridethecliche
I can see that actually. The thing is that I can't wear suits to work. If I did, then this would all be much easier. Only a couple of the surgeons here wear suits every day and most of them don't as they instead go with a SC and slacks. I can do the latter, but my wearing a suit would be quite out of place.
You're a surgeon who can't afford a $45 tie and a new jacket? Or you just don't want to? :confusedpost #64781 of 7871711/19/13 at 12:23pmpost #64782 of 7871711/19/13 at 12:23pmQuote:
no one here hates white shirts, there is just a group think, that not everyone, doc holliday most notably, agrees to, regarding their usage.
no one here hates black suits either, there is just a group think, that i agree to, that their use is limited.
T - fantastic. btw, super awesome to meet you on sunday, even though you hated on my beard.
CottonD - good combo. not sold on that OCBD working with a tie and jacket though.post #64783 of 7871711/19/13 at 12:27pmOriginally Posted by ridethecliche
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You certainly have somewhat eccentric taste. It's interesting; I don't actually dislike it but, well, how can I put it... it puts me in mind of the wacky neighbour in an 80s/90s sitcom. Anyway, whatever floats your boat, but I think you could at least do with harmonising the elements a bit more, regardless of the look you're shooting for. For example, regular wool trousers instead of unironed chinos, and a normal pair of shoes (or even black penny loafers instead of the kilties would work), and a slightly more spread shirt collar. Also, check whether the jacket sleeves are even or not IRL; your right looks too short here.
Is that Camerer's book, btw? I've heard good things about it... worth a browse?
Wow, that's a very different look for you; interesting suit colour!
Tira: looking sharp.
Dockers: slightly tight at the waist button maybe?
Edited by Holdfast - 11/19/13 at 12:41pmpost #64784 of 7871711/19/13 at 12:38pmpost #64785 of 7871711/19/13 at 12:44pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 10 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 17 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 18 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 35 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 37 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 38 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding