Nice put together, Cox.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 2:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4317post #64741 of 7871711/19/13 at 6:22ampost #64742 of 7871711/19/13 at 6:24ampost #64743 of 7871711/19/13 at 6:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Rudals
Quote:I may hate yellow ties like I hate the Dallas Cowboys,however, if you can pull it off well then thats all that matters. There are things here that I would never wear but some members here do a masterful job of incorporating whatever they want and look great. I am still trying to break away from solid white shirts and white PS.Originally Posted by eviltimeban
I get it, even though I'm the one wearing one! It depends on the tie I guess, and what its worn with. You might just blanket hate yellow ties. I quite like this one as I like the detail and the blue colour spots in it. I wear it very infrequently however. In fact I don't think I've worn it for six months.
P.S. I'm 1.5 years away from being 40 - maybe I get a concession?
I agree with you - I notice a lot of posters here wear SCs and trousers - I never have in my life, and certainly in the working world where I'm from it would be extremely uncommon to wear a SC in the office. Its suits all the way.
However, I do admire the SCs that are on view here, for the most part!post #64744 of 7871711/19/13 at 6:37ampost #64745 of 7871711/19/13 at 6:52amat least you covered up most of it.
i dont think its all that bad in the context of your fit, even though such a saturated blue does tend to be a difficult shade to pull off with a jacket and tie. ime that is.post #64746 of 7871711/19/13 at 6:54ampost #64747 of 7871711/19/13 at 7:01ampost #64748 of 7871711/19/13 at 7:05ampost #64749 of 7871711/19/13 at 7:05am
Whilst I won't doubt your Milan-based coffee opportunities, this particular place is owned and run by Italians and they import the coffee directly from Italy. They even play Italian radio stations. I guess its about as close to Italian coffee as I'll get here in Dublin town!post #64750 of 7871711/19/13 at 7:21ampost #64751 of 7871711/19/13 at 7:24ampost #64752 of 7871711/19/13 at 7:28amQuote:Originally Posted by RogerP
Not right now, but not long ago:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think this could have been a killer look with a navy (preferably solid) tie. It would also have worked better with the squareQuote:Originally Posted by Rudals
My first patterned shirt as I try to branch out of solid shirts and be more creative in keeping up with Clag's teachings. Feel free to chime in 'cus I'll need to know if this works or if I did this right. Appreciate it all. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I would suggest striped shirts if you want to incorporate patterns, candy striped if you are less adventurous and butcher striped if you feel a little more daring. Graph check shirts can be pretty hard to to get right (although your example looks OK to me). I have a graph check shirt myself and I almost never wear it, striped shirts however, I wear a few days every week....post #64753 of 7871711/19/13 at 7:34am
Have this blazer I really really dig, but had no idea what to pair it with. Got some help from some great folks (hat tip gents in the ask a question thread) but I think it worked out pretty well.
Texture/tie area close up. And yes I know I know, I need PS'. I'm workin' on it!
Break shot. (they don't crease like that when walking)
Socks are boring today.This entire getup was around the blazer because I think it's awesome. It's a wool Strathmore blazer by Anderson Little, which means it's probably mid range-ish. Fine with me. Black was the safe choice so I went with it for shoes and pants. The blazer is loud enough as is.
Pants aren't notable, but they're volcom. I think they look good though. After wearing these, I think I'm going to start buying longer pants because I like the way it looks when the pants kiss the top of the shoes. They flow better that way. I like showing my socks and shoes with less length. Anyway, all my chino's/khaki's might be a little shorter, but I'll definitely go the right length for slacks.
Shoes: Made in USA JM's. They're really comfortable.
Paul Frederick Tie. Express slim fit shirt. I like the collar.post #64754 of 7871711/19/13 at 7:40amQuote:
I badly need to add a solid navy and solid burgundy. Pretty basic, I know, but presently lacking as my solid navy was lost to a coffee spill and the burgundy I just no gots.post #64755 of 7871711/19/13 at 7:42am
Did a quick DTO (at least of the pose) of one of the four classiest posters here (upr_crust, clarinetplayer, Holdfast, and of course you, dear reader)
Pants are Wolf vs Goat. @Mauro has done a couple of pairs that are very MC friendly and obscenely well made.
A good deal of handwork, canvassed waistband. Just really, really good pants. I cannot recommend these enough.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 18 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 22 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 28 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 32 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 34 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Academia, Democrats, and Thoughtcrime 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway