Looks nice, Pliny - I'd never be able to put that together.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:54 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4317post #64741 of 7871911/19/13 at 6:19am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64742 of 7871911/19/13 at 6:20ampost #64743 of 7871911/19/13 at 6:22ampost #64744 of 7871911/19/13 at 6:24ampost #64745 of 7871911/19/13 at 6:25amQuote:Originally Posted by Rudals
Quote:I may hate yellow ties like I hate the Dallas Cowboys,however, if you can pull it off well then thats all that matters. There are things here that I would never wear but some members here do a masterful job of incorporating whatever they want and look great. I am still trying to break away from solid white shirts and white PS.Originally Posted by eviltimeban
I get it, even though I'm the one wearing one! It depends on the tie I guess, and what its worn with. You might just blanket hate yellow ties. I quite like this one as I like the detail and the blue colour spots in it. I wear it very infrequently however. In fact I don't think I've worn it for six months.
P.S. I'm 1.5 years away from being 40 - maybe I get a concession?
I agree with you - I notice a lot of posters here wear SCs and trousers - I never have in my life, and certainly in the working world where I'm from it would be extremely uncommon to wear a SC in the office. Its suits all the way.
However, I do admire the SCs that are on view here, for the most part!post #64746 of 7871911/19/13 at 6:37ampost #64747 of 7871911/19/13 at 6:52amat least you covered up most of it.
i dont think its all that bad in the context of your fit, even though such a saturated blue does tend to be a difficult shade to pull off with a jacket and tie. ime that is.post #64748 of 7871911/19/13 at 6:54ampost #64749 of 7871911/19/13 at 7:01ampost #64750 of 7871911/19/13 at 7:05ampost #64751 of 7871911/19/13 at 7:05am
Whilst I won't doubt your Milan-based coffee opportunities, this particular place is owned and run by Italians and they import the coffee directly from Italy. They even play Italian radio stations. I guess its about as close to Italian coffee as I'll get here in Dublin town!post #64752 of 7871911/19/13 at 7:21ampost #64753 of 7871911/19/13 at 7:24ampost #64754 of 7871911/19/13 at 7:28amQuote:Originally Posted by RogerP
Not right now, but not long ago:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think this could have been a killer look with a navy (preferably solid) tie. It would also have worked better with the squareQuote:Originally Posted by Rudals
My first patterned shirt as I try to branch out of solid shirts and be more creative in keeping up with Clag's teachings. Feel free to chime in 'cus I'll need to know if this works or if I did this right. Appreciate it all. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I would suggest striped shirts if you want to incorporate patterns, candy striped if you are less adventurous and butcher striped if you feel a little more daring. Graph check shirts can be pretty hard to to get right (although your example looks OK to me). I have a graph check shirt myself and I almost never wear it, striped shirts however, I wear a few days every week....post #64755 of 7871911/19/13 at 7:34am
Have this blazer I really really dig, but had no idea what to pair it with. Got some help from some great folks (hat tip gents in the ask a question thread) but I think it worked out pretty well.
Texture/tie area close up. And yes I know I know, I need PS'. I'm workin' on it!
Break shot. (they don't crease like that when walking)
Socks are boring today.This entire getup was around the blazer because I think it's awesome. It's a wool Strathmore blazer by Anderson Little, which means it's probably mid range-ish. Fine with me. Black was the safe choice so I went with it for shoes and pants. The blazer is loud enough as is.
Pants aren't notable, but they're volcom. I think they look good though. After wearing these, I think I'm going to start buying longer pants because I like the way it looks when the pants kiss the top of the shoes. They flow better that way. I like showing my socks and shoes with less length. Anyway, all my chino's/khaki's might be a little shorter, but I'll definitely go the right length for slacks.
Shoes: Made in USA JM's. They're really comfortable.
Paul Frederick Tie. Express slim fit shirt. I like the collar.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 27 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 28 seconds ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 52 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › EXTREMELY ADVANCED: official oversized/next level clothing thread 2 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 5 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?