Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4316post #64726 of 7872411/18/13 at 10:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64727 of 7872411/18/13 at 10:17pmpost #64728 of 7872411/18/13 at 10:56pmpost #64729 of 7872411/19/13 at 12:49ampost #64730 of 7872411/19/13 at 12:52amPliny, well done, head to toe. Love it.Quote:Originally Posted by ridethecliche
So real question. I got flack for the pockets on this jacket below. I agree that my fit was off, but the pockets on clag's jacket are similar. Just trying to understand why one stands out so much more than the other. Obviously, my fit 'issues' make everything stand out more.
They look just a bit large to me, relative to the jacket itself. They come too close to the edges, maybe. I could be off, though. It also just looks a bit large around the hips.post #64731 of 7872411/19/13 at 1:05amQuote:
The standard line around here regarding navy trousers seems to be that "even when navy does work, there is probably something that would have worked better". With AAS's fit though, I don't think anything would have worked better as that blue jives way to well with the brown of the shoes and the tan of the jacket. The standard 'mid grey flannels' (or whatever), wouldn't have looked near as good I don't think.post #64732 of 7872411/19/13 at 1:05ampost #64733 of 7872411/19/13 at 1:18amWearing some of my office basics: navy suit (thin pinstripes), white dress shirt, medium brown shoes, no tie (i feel a bit naked).
I need to find a decent store to buy some PS, so I feel less naked without a tiepost #64734 of 7872411/19/13 at 3:09ampost #64735 of 7872411/19/13 at 3:10ampost #64736 of 7872411/19/13 at 3:37amQuote:Originally Posted by Bill Dlwgosh
The standard line around here regarding navy trousers seems to be that "even when navy does work, there is probably something that would have worked better". With AAS's fit though, I don't think anything would have worked better as that blue jives way to well with the brown of the shoes and the tan of the jacket. The standard 'mid grey flannels' (or whatever), wouldn't have looked near as good I don't think.
Even if there's something that would work better, wearing grey trousers all the time is just boring. Anyway, I think the navy trousers are one of AAS best recent looks!post #64737 of 7872411/19/13 at 3:52am
The yellow tie conundrum. Do they work? Do we want them to work? I quite like the balance of colours between the indigo suit, light blue shirt and yellow tie. Its a somewhat "stock" look but sometimes for work you just gotta be stock.
Last pic is blurry but is just for fun... was coming back with my coffee. Cold out today!
Shirt is Hackett and tie is Lewin.
Coffee is Italian.post #64738 of 7872411/19/13 at 3:52ampost #64739 of 7872411/19/13 at 4:50amQuote:
Yellow ties are generally welcome and it definitely works here.post #64740 of 7872411/19/13 at 5:37am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 2 minutes ago
- › Warning for Robinson's Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 10 minutes ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 18 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 21 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 25 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)