or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4316  

post #64726 of 78724
I guess baller isn't my speed.
post #64727 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Sky and Spoo - Solid.

Sky, is that the Hober SF special?

 

That it is, with British striping direction.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcam8 View Post


Very nice - a banker-ish look.

 

Good! I work for banks :)

post #64728 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post
 

Spoo wears his timepiece on his right wrist :uhoh: 

 

Spoo is sinister!


Get with the times, man. DSoHILTSWALTB is very last year. Das Boot is in the house now.

 

:/

post #64729 of 78724

Hello Gentlemen- some great fits lately

 

deet (Click to show)

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 


Edited by Pliny - 11/19/13 at 11:25pm
post #64730 of 78724
Pliny, well done, head to toe. Love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post

So real question. I got flack for the pockets on this jacket below. I agree that my fit was off, but the pockets on clag's jacket are similar. Just trying to understand why one stands out so much more than the other. Obviously, my fit 'issues' make everything stand out more.


They look just a bit large to me, relative to the jacket itself. They come too close to the edges, maybe. I could be off, though. It also just looks a bit large around the hips.
post #64731 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

AAS, that's a great example of navy trousers done well. I'll pretend that the shirt is just blue and white stripes... smile.gif

 

The standard line around here regarding navy trousers seems to be that "even when navy does work, there is probably something that would have worked better". With AAS's fit though, I don't think anything would have worked better as that blue jives way to well with the brown of the shoes and the tan of the jacket. The standard 'mid grey flannels' (or whatever), wouldn't have looked near as good I don't think.

post #64732 of 78724

Autumn in Shanghai.

 

Probably should have entered this series in the "scarf" comp.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Pal Zileri Sartoriale - Canali - Drake's - TM Lewin - Camicissima - Omega Planet Ocean - Rodd & Gunn - Santoni

post #64733 of 78724
Wearing some of my office basics: navy suit (thin pinstripes), white dress shirt, medium brown shoes, no tie (i feel a bit naked).

I need to find a decent store to buy some PS, so I feel less naked without a tie frown.gif
post #64734 of 78724
Almost robo-posing today....



Details (Click to show)


post #64735 of 78724
Thanks smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTheGroom View Post

Pliny, well done, head to toe. Love it.
They look just a bit large to me, relative to the jacket itself. They come too close to the edges, maybe. I could be off, though. It also just looks a bit large around the hips.
post #64736 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Dlwgosh View Post

The standard line around here regarding navy trousers seems to be that "even when navy does work, there is probably something that would have worked better". With AAS's fit though, I don't think anything would have worked better as that blue jives way to well with the brown of the shoes and the tan of the jacket. The standard 'mid grey flannels' (or whatever), wouldn't have looked near as good I don't think.

Even if there's something that would work better, wearing grey trousers all the time is just boring. Anyway, I think the navy trousers are one of AAS best recent looks!
post #64737 of 78724

The yellow tie conundrum. Do they work? Do we want them to work? I quite like the balance of colours between the indigo suit, light blue shirt and yellow tie. Its a somewhat "stock" look but sometimes for work you just gotta be stock.

 

 

 

Last pic is blurry but is just for fun... was coming back with my coffee. Cold out today!

 

 

Shirt is Hackett and tie is Lewin.

 

Coffee is Italian.:)

post #64738 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapeyron View Post
 

 

:/


There is no way our avatars are confusing anybody now

 

:(

 

Though the post then respond is fun in it's own right. Especially if that's a Korean dancing.

post #64739 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post

The yellow tie conundrum. Do they work? Do we want them to work? I quite like the balance of colours between the indigo suit, light blue shirt and yellow tie. Its a somewhat "stock" look but sometimes for work you just gotta be stock.

Yellow ties are generally welcome and it definitely works here.
post #64740 of 78724
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post

Yellow ties are generally welcome and it definitely works here.
I, personally, hate yellow ties and think only age 40+ men should wear them. That is purely just my own opinion so dont gather up a mob to come after me. When I see my colleagues in yellow ties, I cringe. Then again , I am probably one of the conservatives in this forum and I am still a newb.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III