Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4311post #64651 of 7872411/17/13 at 5:48pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64652 of 7872411/17/13 at 5:49pmpost #64653 of 7872411/17/13 at 6:02pmpost #64654 of 7872411/17/13 at 6:26pmI think the trousers are fine, if you had them tailored / narrowed a bit. they look too wide on ya, but an easy and inexpensive alternative for most of your trousers instead of trashing them.
Jacket, however, looks like very low notches....looks quite dated to me, might be worth getting rid of that one in favor of something from Yoox, etc?Quote:Originally Posted by luv2breformed
Here I am today in my best Stitches pose:
More Photos (Click to show)My thoughts (Click to show)I really like how AAS has been describing his process, so here goes:
I really wanted to wear these pants, so I started with them. I have been getting rid of a lot of pants in my wardrobe, and these feel like they fit pretty well. I decided immediately that I needed a light blue shirt, as the pants are brown PLUS they have a light blue stripe in them. I settled on this light blue/pink/brown striped one (this shirt may not be in good taste at all). I figured the brown stripe would tie well to the pants. With two already questionable items to start with I decided everything else needed to be plain/normal. I picked the navy SC next. I was going to go with a knit, but I'd already worn my brown knit this week, and my navy knit felt too matchy with the SC. I figured the point/semi-spread collar would be fine with silk, so I grabbed this plain slightly textured solid. I finished it off with some of my most conservative brown shoes. I thought of wearing walnut to pick up on the lighter brown/orange stripe in the pants but figured the shirt and pants were already bold enough. My brown socks were dirty so I chose navy, and topped it off with a white linen PS.
I wish I had more spread/cutaway collar shirts
Maybe a pocket square with some pink in it would have tied to the shirt better.
I REALLY like the fit of this SC, I wonder if others feel the same.
Pants and/or shirt belong in the trash?
Better tie color choice than brown?post #64655 of 7872411/17/13 at 7:01pmpost #64656 of 7872411/17/13 at 7:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by The_Foxx
I think the trousers are fine, if you had them tailored / narrowed a bit. they look too wide on ya, but an easy and inexpensive alternative for most of your trousers instead of trashing them.
Jacket, however, looks like very low notches....looks quite dated to me, might be worth getting rid of that one in favor of something from Yoox, etc?
Great! Thank you. Do you just mean tapered from the knee down, or do you have another alteration in mind? If taper, by how many inches would you say? Also, I seem to not be able to recognize dated gorge as I keep purchasing and wearing jackets that are bad. Is there a guideline to go by? I thought slightly lower than the shoulders was about right for an average look. Of course higher than that is much more popular today as clearly evidenced by more of the best fits in this thread. I have not heard of yoox, thank you for the suggestion.
If you don't mind, are the color choices ok provided I update the jacket? I appreciate all of the help.post #64657 of 7872411/17/13 at 8:12pm
I actually like the jacket but dislike the pants in that combo. The jacket doesn't have a ton of personality so I think it's best used if you are muting another thing in your getup for the day. If you have a louder tie or shirt for instance. Additionally, I'd wear that sucker without a tie if I was just kickin' it in the hood. You feel me bro?
Those pants are not doing you any favors right now. The transition from coat to pant throws the proportions off.
Edited by ridethecliche - 11/17/13 at 8:25pmpost #64658 of 7872411/17/13 at 8:12pmpost #64659 of 7872411/17/13 at 8:26pmYeah, I was trying to "mute" the pants and shirt. Also, just went through a bunch of my SC and the gorge was very noticeable as I tried on several in a row. I ditched this one and one other thanks to your advice, foxx. They were like 2" below the shoulder. Thanks again, I'll keep at it.post #64660 of 7872411/17/13 at 9:01pmpost #64661 of 7872411/17/13 at 9:43pmpost #64662 of 7872411/17/13 at 10:58pmpost #64663 of 7872411/17/13 at 11:22pm
(not in the picture: Belfiore shoes)
Also, what do you guys think about this SC? I found it in an outlet at a 60% discount, the fit is quite good and the fabric is nice, but while I actually like the colours, I'm not sure about how easy it would be to match it with shirts/ties/trousers from my wardrobe.
To buy or not to buy, that is the question (Click to show)
Colours: very light grey (almost cream), lilac
Edited by Sprezziamo - 11/18/13 at 2:26ampost #64664 of 7872411/18/13 at 12:35am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 13 seconds ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 40 seconds ago
- › 100k pull-ups in 2014 57 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 57 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Authentic ALEXANDER MCQUEEN suit? 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 1 minute ago
- › Michael Bastian for Gant NIB glasses for cheap! 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)