Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4297
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64442 of 7872211/14/13 at 8:14ampost #64443 of 7872211/14/13 at 8:15amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
Noodles: I am thinking Butch might be right (as he usually is) that you might use a little less waist suppression to make your lapels sit more naturally. Also, bigger spread on the collar, and in this instance either a stronger tie (burgundy?) or PS. Or both. But I like it: blue shirt is warmer, and on its own I rather like the tie. Edit: Clags is right; a pattern somewhere: even just a pin dot tie if you want to stay super-conservative.
I get it. I think I am just getting fat.post #64444 of 7872211/14/13 at 8:37ampost #64445 of 7872211/14/13 at 8:50amQuote:Originally Posted by Mr. Six
I can't decide whether I think this worked. Seems like too many right angles. I originally thought to wear a solid grey wool tie, but it was too close in color to the pants. I also considered switching the colors of the tie and square, but a brown tie seemed too matchy. Suggestions appreciated.
Plaid on plaid is pretty much always bad.
Knits. Emblematics. Repps. Big paisleys. Not plaids or neats. Wool solids would be okay, but gray is a bit boring.
Also, is that a gray shirt? That would be an issue.post #64446 of 7872211/14/13 at 9:05ampost #64447 of 7872211/14/13 at 9:12ampost #64448 of 7872211/14/13 at 9:25ampost #64449 of 7872211/14/13 at 9:45ampost #64450 of 7872211/14/13 at 9:53ampost #64451 of 7872211/14/13 at 9:53ampost #64452 of 7872211/14/13 at 9:56ampost #64453 of 7872211/14/13 at 9:59ampost #64454 of 7872211/14/13 at 10:01amQuote:Originally Posted by ferrarip4
Perfect day in Sydney for my favourite summer suit...
Brioni s180 light grey suit (with subtle white and pink pinstripes)
Thomas Mason fabric white/lavender striped french cuff shirt
Kiton seven fold light lavender tie
Charvet paisley pocket square
Di Mella wholecut oxfords and matching belt
I like the clean, professional look. I would have gone with a darker color of the the tie. Beyond that you have the James Bond look down.post #64455 of 7872211/14/13 at 10:07am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 52 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR... 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 7 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 9 minutes ago
- › 1900's Impressionist art, need some feedback 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...