Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4295post #64411 of 7871911/14/13 at 3:40ampost #64412 of 7871911/14/13 at 4:08amChilly today, so layering up with a cardigan underneath the jacket....
New tie that me like a lot. This is one of those borderline cases where it might or might be more of a "suit tie" to some people. Anyway, I think it works with a SC - just not perfectly with the one I am wearing today, the scales of tie and jacket came out a little too close for my taste. Hopefully the colour contrast is great enough to alleviate that problem to some extent....post #64413 of 7871911/14/13 at 4:13amQuote:Originally Posted by Bill DlwgoshQuote:Originally Posted by Pingson
I agree that depending on cut and model you can move between two sizes (I am usually 44L but can fit into some 42L), but frankly I just use size as the first filter when looking for stuff to thrift. ...If all but one measurement is OK, I still pass (the exemption being sleeve length which is easy to alter, assuming there is enough material to lengthen it (as I always need to let the sleeves out)).
No they are sort of medium grey, they just look charcoal in that picture.
Have you ever been able to size down from a 46L? I'm also a 44L and recently found a 46L Samuelsohn SC for 40% of retail that fit for length and sleeves. If the shoulders weren't absolutely perfect they were very close. The jacket is being slimmed through the body and I can pick it up in a week. I've been told that Sameulsohn is a good brand when it comes to alterations but I dunno as the guy who told me that was a salesman.
In reality I'm probably a 43L (in-between 42L and 44L) so 46L would in all likelihood be too large for me regardless of cut and model. I have a JP Tilford (which I believe is made by Samuelsohn) jacket in 44L that is also just about perfect in the shoulders but that also could use some slimming across the waist.post #64414 of 7871911/14/13 at 4:41ampost #64415 of 7871911/14/13 at 4:50ampost #64416 of 7871911/14/13 at 5:02ampost #64417 of 7871911/14/13 at 5:13ampost #64418 of 7871911/14/13 at 6:10amCoxsackie - i dont hate the watch. dont love it, but certainly dont hate it either. but in the pic it looked two tone, gold bezel and steel case/bracelet. that might be part of the issue. either way, anything branded is bound to get hate here.
pliny and pingson, nice.
thanks for all teh thumbs yesterday, gents.post #64419 of 7871911/14/13 at 6:34ampost #64420 of 7871911/14/13 at 6:47ampost #64421 of 7871911/14/13 at 7:16ampost #64422 of 7871911/14/13 at 7:21ampost #64423 of 7871911/14/13 at 7:22amQuote:
Too many stripes patterns together. Too much B&W.
I'd try to show up some more of that pocket square.
Double breasted jackets look better slim fitted, assuming your body shape can take it.
Just my opinion.post #64424 of 7871911/14/13 at 7:25ampost #64425 of 7871911/14/13 at 7:28amQuote:Originally Posted by Coxsackie
Ah well...you can't win 'em all I guess.
I do feel though, that certain designs acquire a kind of vulgarity-by-association which is not necessarily intrinsic to their appearance. I knew when I bought this watch that it would offend many because of its bezel. OTOH there are certain limited-edition Royal Oak Offshores which simply scream poor taste, and yet people are selling their grandmothers into slavery in order to move up the waiting list for them.
Very fair points all. Considering the laughably modest apparatus on my wrist, perhaps I'm in no position to comment. Your erudite and excellent explanation of your watch's pedigree certainly set me straight! Genta design...column wheel chrono...awesome. Anyway, no offence intended: at the end of the day, this thread is all about off the cuff subjective opinions. Mine, in this case, is based on the simple reductive dislike of anything with a prominent brand name. That's why I dislike the Bulgari bezel, no more or less really. By the way, I like the RO, but agree entirely about the garish and tacky Offshore variants in their interminable special editions.
For more considered (and informed!) discussion of such things, you should visit The Watch Appreciation Thread. It's by far the best discussion I've seen on this forum, or any, and would definitely welcome a man of your calibre, to dilute the parvenus and wannabes like me. :)
Noodles: I am thinking Butch might be right (as he usually is) that you might use a little less waist suppression to make your lapels sit more naturally. Also, bigger spread on the collar, and in this instance either a stronger tie (burgundy?) or PS. Or both. But I like it: blue shirt is warmer, and on its own I rather like the tie. Edit: Clags is right; a pattern somewhere: even just a pin dot tie if you want to stay super-conservative.
Edited by mimo - 11/14/13 at 7:44am
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 second ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 28 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › What would you wear today? 8 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 10 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 18 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts