or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4294

post #64396 of 75830
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarip4 View Post

Perfect day in Sydney for my favourite summer suit...

Brioni s180 light grey suit (with subtle white and pink pinstripes)  
Thomas Mason fabric white/lavender striped french cuff shirt
Kiton seven fold light lavender tie
Charvet paisley pocket square
Di Mella wholecut oxfords and matching belt







I wish the tie provided more contrast. Navy blue would have been good IMO.
post #64397 of 75830

For the challenge.

 

 

There are going to be a lot of SWD posts in the challenge; I think there are already quite a few. Scarves seem to be something that lend themselves more to SWD than to CM. CM tends to use them functionally, which is pretty practical. But in SWD, I think scarves are used to their fullest (from an aesthetic standpoint at least). Stitchy and I briefly debated over this point (and came to the conclusion that while we may have to agree to disagree, beards were the best scarf).

 

Anyway, my attempt at capturing the scarf steez of SWD in a CM context.

post #64398 of 75830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

For the challenge.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


not bad at all.
Quote:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
There are going to be a lot of SWD posts in the challenge; I think there are already quite a few. Scarves seem to be something that lend themselves more to SWD than to CM. CM tends to use them functionally, which is pretty practical. But in SWD, I think scarves are used to their fullest (from an aesthetic standpoint at least). Stitchy and I briefly debated over this point
(and came to the conclusion that while we may have to agree to disagree, beards were the best scarf).

obvi
Quote:
Anyway, my attempt at capturing the scarf steez of SWD in a CM context.

i just realized, you are colin from love actually.

post #64399 of 75830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Jacket: Panta (Full review & pics of our latest project (charcoal suit) coming soon)
Shirt: Modern tailor
Tie: The Wang
Square: The Wang

missed this one. looks great. look forward to seeing your project with ed.
post #64400 of 75830

The Wang :dozingoff:

post #64401 of 75830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View PostI agree that depending on cut and model you can move between two sizes (I am usually 44L but can fit into some 42L), but frankly I just use size as the first filter when looking for stuff to thrift. ...If all but one measurement is OK, I still pass (the exemption being sleeve length which is easy to alter, assuming there is enough material to lengthen it (as I always need to let the sleeves out)).
No they are sort of medium grey, they just look charcoal in that picture.

 

Have you ever been able to size down from a 46L? I'm also a 44L and recently found a 46L Samuelsohn SC for 40% of retail that fit for length and sleeves. If the shoulders weren't absolutely perfect they were very close. The jacket is being slimmed through the body and I can pick it up in a week. I've been told that Sameulsohn is a good brand when it comes to alterations but I dunno as the guy who told me that was a salesman.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by conradwu View Post
 

The Wang :dozingoff:

 

 

  

post #64402 of 75830

Been a bit too busy to post lately. Here's a fit from yesterday.



 



<br />



 



<br />



 



<br />



 



<br />



Pal Zileri Sartoriale - RLP - Tom Ford - Henry Carter Irish linen - Bulgari - Pal Zileri - C&J



 



Pents are burgundy donegal. The shoes (which I picked up for half price recently at a close-out sale) have an unusual leather finish - C&J refer to it as "Roughout waxed suede". It strongly reminds me of Drizabone raincoat material. Anyway, they look a bit alarming in the above shot so here's a promo shot of the same shoe from the C&J website showing the colour a bit more accurately:



 





 



I matched it with an ancient and worn Rodd & Gunn brown leather belt (not seen).



 

post #64403 of 75830
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post
 

Let's try to stick to the clothes, people; this isn't a politics thread. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post
 

 

We aren't talking politics.

 

War is the continuation of politics by other means. (von Clausewitz)

 

SF is the continuation of shopping by other means. (von Kochsackie)

post #64404 of 75830

Cocks: sell the Vulgari-Bulgari and buy something nicer.  But keep everything else - and I like your shoes. Nice jacket too, and I really like your wintry trousters.

post #64405 of 75830

Mimo, appreciate the feedback and positive thoughts on my fit. That watch though....it really polarises opinion.

 

FWIW, I think Gerald Genta's BVLGARI-BVLGARI bezel is a truly iconic design from one of the greatest watch designers of the last forty years. The fact that it has appeared on a large number of flashy but horologically inferior watches may indeed tarnish its value in the minds of many; but in and of itself, it is and will always be an aesthetic triumph.

 

The rest of the watch is just as beautifully designed and finished. Bulgari went all-out with the Calibro 303 to create a timepiece which could compete in the Royal Oak/Nautilus "luxury sports" space - at less than half the price. (It's worth noting that both the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak and the Patek Philippe Nautilus were also designed by Genta.) Inside the watch beats the legendery Frederic Piguet 1185 column-wheel chronograph movement, the thinnest of its type ever made. I believe that the overall concept, design and possibly some of the assembly was actually done by the Gerald Genta/Daniel Roth manufacture on behalf of Bulgari. This is not some sloppy jewellery-brand timepiece with mashed-up design cues hiding a crappy Soprod movement; it's a genuine Swiss thoroughbred.

 

 

You think this ^ is vulgar? Hey, you're welcome to your opinion. I have several other watches. This one gets more wrist time than most of them.

post #64406 of 75830

Hello gentlemen

 

BB SC

Cappelli

HC square

Kamakura

Edward Green

 

 

 

more (Click to show)

 

 

 

deet (Click to show)

 

post #64407 of 75830
I can't decide whether I think this worked. Seems like too many right angles. I originally thought to wear a solid grey wool tie, but it was too close in color to the pants. I also considered switching the colors of the tie and square, but a brown tie seemed too matchy. Suggestions appreciated.

post #64408 of 75830

Excellent looks today people!

 

Sorry about the image quality, was in a hurry this morning.

post #64409 of 75830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post
 

Mimo, appreciate the feedback and positive thoughts on my fit. That watch though....it really polarises opinion.

 

FWIW, I think Gerald Genta's BVLGARI-BVLGARI bezel is a truly iconic design from one of the greatest watch designers of the last forty years. The fact that it has appeared on a large number of flashy but horologically inferior watches may indeed tarnish its value in the minds of many; but in and of itself, it is and will always be an aesthetic triumph.

 

The rest of the watch is just as beautifully designed and finished. Bulgari went all-out with the Calibro 303 to create a timepiece which could compete in the Royal Oak/Nautilus "luxury sports" space - at less than half the price. (It's worth noting that both the Audemars Piguet Royal Oak and the Patek Philippe Nautilus were also designed by Genta.) Inside the watch beats the legendery Frederic Piguet 1185 column-wheel chronograph movement, the thinnest of its type ever made. I believe that the overall concept, design and possibly some of the assembly was actually done by the Gerald Genta/Daniel Roth manufacture on behalf of Bulgari. This is not some sloppy jewellery-brand timepiece with mashed-up design cues hiding a crappy Soprod movement; it's a genuine Swiss thoroughbred.

 

 

You think this ^ is vulgar? Hey, you're welcome to your opinion. I have several other watches. This one gets more wrist time than most of them.

 

IMHO it does look very vulgar, and even before seeing mimo's post I thought it kinda ruined your otherwise great outfit.

 

Don't get me wrong though, I'm the first one who likes breaking the rules, so if you like it you should totally use it. I'm just telling you that probably 90% of the people out there will think it's tacky, so that you can take it in account when assigning your wrist time.

post #64410 of 75830
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarip4 View Post
 

Perfect day in Sydney for my favourite summer suit...

 

Brioni s180 light grey suit (with subtle white and pink pinstripes)

Thomas Mason fabric white/lavender striped french cuff shirt

Kiton seven fold light lavender tie

Charvet paisley pocket square

Di Mella wholecut oxfords and matching belt

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

Either navy or burgundy tie and this is good! Maybe you can taper the trousers' waist a little bit, it seems to me a tad larger than your body waist.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III