Aside... (Click to show)
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4291post #64351 of 7872211/13/13 at 10:55am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64352 of 7872211/13/13 at 11:12am
You're probably right. Couldn't find my notes. As Ravi Tailor (my tailor - he's was raised in Indian, so his surname literally came from his family's professional tradition) told me, these were the original business suits in London. The pinstripe suit devolved from this into something, at the time, relatively less formal.Quote:
A pair of Gaziano Westbury shoes in black. Although I hated to order a pair of black shoes, I figured that I needed at least one really, really nice pair for my wardrobe.post #64353 of 7872211/13/13 at 11:16ampost #64354 of 7872211/13/13 at 11:30amQuote:Originally Posted by kirbya
You're probably right. Couldn't find my notes. As Ravi Tailor (my tailor - he's was raised in Indian, so his surname literally came from his family's professional tradition) told me, these were the original business suits in London. The pinstripe suit devolved from this into something, at the time, relatively less formal.
A pair of Gaziano Westbury shoes in black. Although I hated to order a pair of black shoes, I figured that I needed at least one really, really nice pair for my wardrobe.
Someone alluded to the type of "business" you are in...what is it that would allow you to wear this to work? Whatever it may be, I think it looks very slick.post #64355 of 7872211/13/13 at 11:42ampost #64356 of 7872211/13/13 at 11:43amQuote:Quote:
wow. thanks, gents!
Murlsquirl - check NMWA, thats where the tie is from. its calabrese 1924.
CD - the play-set indeed is a ton of fun.
rudals and sprezz and kirbya and SB, very nice.
loanshark - colors patterns and textures look great. cant tell about fit from that pic though. welcome aboard!post #64357 of 7872211/13/13 at 11:45amQuote:
yes. without question.
plus one. those shoes are great and great black shoes are a must in my opinion. especially with that fit. a good buy if you ask me.post #64358 of 7872211/13/13 at 11:48amQuote:Originally Posted by Sprezziamo
And this is what I was wearing yesterday. (First time I used that shirt, hence the long cuffs. It should be fine after the first wash)
I think the shirt sleeves are fine - its the jacket's sleeves that are way too short (2-3cm), at least on your left arm.post #64359 of 7872211/13/13 at 12:05pmQuote:
The point is that I hate (physically) when the shirt's cuff touches my hand, so I always make sure that the sleeves end at my wrist bones.
But I also hate (aesthetically) when the jacket's sleeves cover the shirt's sleeves entirely, not allowing you to see them.
So the only solution to both problem is to have relatively short sleeved shirts and short jacket's sleeves. At the end the effect is the same (as you can see on my right arm, where the shirt is probably pulled in by 1-2cm due to my position), but everything's a tad shorter.
NB - That's not something I would suggest to anyone, that's just my way of dealing with a pet peeve and trying to look good at the same time.post #64360 of 7872211/13/13 at 12:06pmpost #64361 of 7872211/13/13 at 12:14pm
Technically, it looks like you're wearing semi-formal morning dress, rather than a morning suit. A morning suit would be all grey (for example). Your outfit looks smashing, by the way.
Thanks. Not deliberately so, just a natural function of what I like!
It's been known... in my more affected & pretentious moments. But only for brief walks from one building to another rather than for any extended period of time; coats do have a tendency to slip off the shoulders when worn in this way, especially if there's a strong breeze or you move too violently. How many mobsters must have died in a hail of gunfire, simultaneously trying to flee and keep their coat on...?
Truth be told, I couldn't resist taking a photo like that today, given that I was also wearing a double-breasted chalkstripe suit, flashy tie and a flamboyant silk scarf. It seemed rude not to go the full Capone!
Don't think I ever commented on your pics but every time I look at your pics, I just say, "Damn, how does he pull off something like that?!" Gotta say you do a pretty damn good job of matching and daring yourself to don on floral patterned ties and other stuff that I can never dream of doing.
Thanks, but the only thing I would say is that it's really not a question of "daring" to do this sort of thing occasionally; that would probably be a bad idea. It comes from wanting to wear particular items or wear particular looks (and being fortunate enough to be able to do so in my line/lifestyle). If you don't actually want to wear any of this stuff (or don't have the occasion), then there's little reason to force yourself into it. In fact it would probably be unwise to do so.post #64362 of 7872211/13/13 at 12:15pmpost #64363 of 7872211/13/13 at 12:19pmQuote:
I, Noodles, am in agreement with you. I am phasing out solid white shirts and solid suits. I am trying to branch out to more interesting stuff here.post #64364 of 7872211/13/13 at 12:21pmQuote:
This is an excellent first post. Sure, there are a few problems (lapels are too thin, jacket sleeves are a touch short and there might be something wrong with the shoulder (too small?)), but as first posts go this fit is streets ahead of most first posts on here. Welcome.
Beautiful tie - details?
Trying a Claghornian (?) pose today with my new Conrad Wu tie. Colors are a bit darker than IRL:post #64365 of 7872211/13/13 at 12:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Thanks, but the only thing I would say is that it's really not a question of "daring" to do this sort of thing occasionally; that would probably be a bad idea. It comes from wanting to wear particular items or wear particular looks (and being fortunate enough to be able to do so in my line/lifestyle). If you don't actually want to wear any of this stuff (or don't have the occasion), then there's little reason to force yourself into it. In fact it would probably be unwise to do so.
Very true. I look at floral ties with disgust and make fun of my colleagues when they do wear them but you pull it off very well. Just saying. I probably would not ever wear floral but I am sick of being so conservative in my look and so I am trying to do other things.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Bonobos Weekday Warrior pants Grey, Blue, Stone - Ebay 27 seconds ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 1 minute ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › New BELVEST plaid suit 2 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 2 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 College Football Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...