Kirby, why were you reluctant to get black shoes?
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:46 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4291post #64351 of 7871711/13/13 at 11:42ampost #64352 of 7871711/13/13 at 11:43amQuote:Quote:
wow. thanks, gents!
Murlsquirl - check NMWA, thats where the tie is from. its calabrese 1924.
CD - the play-set indeed is a ton of fun.
rudals and sprezz and kirbya and SB, very nice.
loanshark - colors patterns and textures look great. cant tell about fit from that pic though. welcome aboard!post #64353 of 7871711/13/13 at 11:45amQuote:
yes. without question.
plus one. those shoes are great and great black shoes are a must in my opinion. especially with that fit. a good buy if you ask me.post #64354 of 7871711/13/13 at 11:48amQuote:Originally Posted by Sprezziamo
And this is what I was wearing yesterday. (First time I used that shirt, hence the long cuffs. It should be fine after the first wash)
I think the shirt sleeves are fine - its the jacket's sleeves that are way too short (2-3cm), at least on your left arm.post #64355 of 7871711/13/13 at 12:05pmQuote:
The point is that I hate (physically) when the shirt's cuff touches my hand, so I always make sure that the sleeves end at my wrist bones.
But I also hate (aesthetically) when the jacket's sleeves cover the shirt's sleeves entirely, not allowing you to see them.
So the only solution to both problem is to have relatively short sleeved shirts and short jacket's sleeves. At the end the effect is the same (as you can see on my right arm, where the shirt is probably pulled in by 1-2cm due to my position), but everything's a tad shorter.
NB - That's not something I would suggest to anyone, that's just my way of dealing with a pet peeve and trying to look good at the same time.post #64356 of 7871711/13/13 at 12:06pmpost #64357 of 7871711/13/13 at 12:14pm
Technically, it looks like you're wearing semi-formal morning dress, rather than a morning suit. A morning suit would be all grey (for example). Your outfit looks smashing, by the way.
Thanks. Not deliberately so, just a natural function of what I like!
It's been known... in my more affected & pretentious moments. But only for brief walks from one building to another rather than for any extended period of time; coats do have a tendency to slip off the shoulders when worn in this way, especially if there's a strong breeze or you move too violently. How many mobsters must have died in a hail of gunfire, simultaneously trying to flee and keep their coat on...?
Truth be told, I couldn't resist taking a photo like that today, given that I was also wearing a double-breasted chalkstripe suit, flashy tie and a flamboyant silk scarf. It seemed rude not to go the full Capone!
Don't think I ever commented on your pics but every time I look at your pics, I just say, "Damn, how does he pull off something like that?!" Gotta say you do a pretty damn good job of matching and daring yourself to don on floral patterned ties and other stuff that I can never dream of doing.
Thanks, but the only thing I would say is that it's really not a question of "daring" to do this sort of thing occasionally; that would probably be a bad idea. It comes from wanting to wear particular items or wear particular looks (and being fortunate enough to be able to do so in my line/lifestyle). If you don't actually want to wear any of this stuff (or don't have the occasion), then there's little reason to force yourself into it. In fact it would probably be unwise to do so.post #64358 of 7871711/13/13 at 12:15pmpost #64359 of 7871711/13/13 at 12:19pmQuote:
I, Noodles, am in agreement with you. I am phasing out solid white shirts and solid suits. I am trying to branch out to more interesting stuff here.post #64360 of 7871711/13/13 at 12:21pmQuote:
This is an excellent first post. Sure, there are a few problems (lapels are too thin, jacket sleeves are a touch short and there might be something wrong with the shoulder (too small?)), but as first posts go this fit is streets ahead of most first posts on here. Welcome.
Beautiful tie - details?
Trying a Claghornian (?) pose today with my new Conrad Wu tie. Colors are a bit darker than IRL:post #64361 of 7871711/13/13 at 12:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
Thanks, but the only thing I would say is that it's really not a question of "daring" to do this sort of thing occasionally; that would probably be a bad idea. It comes from wanting to wear particular items or wear particular looks (and being fortunate enough to be able to do so in my line/lifestyle). If you don't actually want to wear any of this stuff (or don't have the occasion), then there's little reason to force yourself into it. In fact it would probably be unwise to do so.
Very true. I look at floral ties with disgust and make fun of my colleagues when they do wear them but you pull it off very well. Just saying. I probably would not ever wear floral but I am sick of being so conservative in my look and so I am trying to do other things.post #64362 of 7871711/13/13 at 12:28pm
CD, I love that tie, and that jacket is perfect. Wonderful fit too. And I can see where you're going with the similar tones/country theme, and the contrast PS to keep it all alive. But I think a navy jacket or suit with that tie, and a navy, burgundy or green tie with that jacket, would be more inspiring arrangements.post #64363 of 7871711/13/13 at 12:30pmpost #64364 of 7871711/13/13 at 12:31pmpost #64365 of 7871711/13/13 at 12:32pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Price drop: Gorgeous Brand New Sartorio by Kiton Sportcoat 54 EU/... 2 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 34 seconds ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Missed Connection- Detroit Denim Repairs 4 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 5 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...