Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4290post #64336 of 7872211/13/13 at 8:36am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64337 of 7872211/13/13 at 9:17ampost #64338 of 7872211/13/13 at 9:18ampost #64339 of 7872211/13/13 at 9:34ampost #64340 of 7872211/13/13 at 9:40amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
Sharp shoes, Stitchy.
RD, don't let Butch corrupt you with his odd ways! And I think your shoes look fine, too: true, I'd also have maybe gone with suede or a scotchgrain derby. A boot of some sort would be even better. Or sure, a loafer if you're lounging by the fire. But as not so long ago tan shoes were only casual, I don't find yours especially jarring in this context.
My line of thought was that out of all oxfords, full brogues are the most casual. I thought they were versatile enough to cover the whole range from casual suits to streetwear, but maybe I was wrong!post #64341 of 7872211/13/13 at 10:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
One for the scarf challenge today:
Don't think I ever commented on your pics but every time I look at your pics, I just say, "Damn, how does he pull off something like that?!" Gotta say you do a pretty damn good job of matching and daring yourself to don on floral patterned ties and other stuff that I can never dream of doing.
I gots me a long ways to go~post #64342 of 7872211/13/13 at 10:15amQuote:
You were right. Brown/tan brogues are the light blue oxford-weave button-down of footwear. Not quite CBD or funeral, and definitely not evening, but everything else with ease.
HF: your suit, coat and scarf are beautiful. Your tie is, well, deliberately eccentric?
Noodles: nice tie. Would prefer a light blue or fine stripe/micro check shirt with that - I have an issue about white shirt/white PS sucking the life out of a look. But sharp nevertheless.post #64343 of 7872211/13/13 at 10:16amQuote:
I appreciate all advice, no matter the thumb ratio. I have a hard time finding anything to wear with that particular tie, so I was happy to make something sort of work. Probably a good sign that tie is not long for my world.
Beautiful tie. And those shoes - whoa mama.
Although I think it may be tied a wee bit long, I really like that bow tie.
Very nice, Stitches. And that playset looks super fun too.
Rudals, this might be your best fit yet. I've got that tie as well and I love it.post #64344 of 7872211/13/13 at 10:21am1st post in WAYWRN. Sorry for the bad photos and lack of full length fit pics. I'm going to work on a location for that.
BB Harris Tweed
Henry Carter grenadine
AE Park Ave
I've been lurking and liking, so now it's time to contribute FWIW. Criticism welcome.post #64345 of 7872211/13/13 at 10:40ampost #64346 of 7872211/13/13 at 10:42ampost #64347 of 7872211/13/13 at 10:48ampost #64348 of 7872211/13/13 at 10:49am
Sprezz, your sleeves look fine to me. Personally I like my shirt cuffs to sit on top of my hands.
- pocket squares are nice and can add personality and balance when chosen well; don't be shy, investigate and experiment
- the lapels on your jacket are fashionably narrow, in poor proportion to both it and you, also the sleeves a touch short, and it's a tiny bit tight around the middle causing the skirts to stand up.
- your shirt collar is too small for you and looks uncomfortable, also a wider spread collar where the points hide more easily under the jacket, looks nice: I have the very same shirts by the way, and Sr Diaz pointed it out to me.
That's the criticism. However, in colours, textures and tones it's all very tasteful.post #64349 of 7872211/13/13 at 10:50ampost #64350 of 7872211/13/13 at 10:54amNoodles, that jacket looks too snug, bowing lapels and all.
Sprezziamo, please button your jacket cuffs. Maybe even tuck the thin blade of the tie behind the front. Despite all that sprezz, looking good.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Grad Lounge 37 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › vashikaran love specialist 9888673540 1 minute ago
- › UK-USa-UAe+91-8441977406 lOvE(@pRoBlEm sOlUtIoN mOlViji 1 minute ago
- › love specialist astrologer 9888673540 2 minutes ago
- › love back specialist 9888673540 2 minutes ago
- › love marriage specialist +91-9855543303 3 minutes ago
- › online love problem solution pandit ji**lords +91-9888673540 4 minutes ago
- › Tantrik Black Magic |~~ +91-8441977406 HusBaNd-WiFe PrObLem... 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays