Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4290post #64336 of 7872111/13/13 at 9:17am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64337 of 7872111/13/13 at 9:18ampost #64338 of 7872111/13/13 at 9:34ampost #64339 of 7872111/13/13 at 9:40amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
Sharp shoes, Stitchy.
RD, don't let Butch corrupt you with his odd ways! And I think your shoes look fine, too: true, I'd also have maybe gone with suede or a scotchgrain derby. A boot of some sort would be even better. Or sure, a loafer if you're lounging by the fire. But as not so long ago tan shoes were only casual, I don't find yours especially jarring in this context.
My line of thought was that out of all oxfords, full brogues are the most casual. I thought they were versatile enough to cover the whole range from casual suits to streetwear, but maybe I was wrong!post #64340 of 7872111/13/13 at 10:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
One for the scarf challenge today:
Don't think I ever commented on your pics but every time I look at your pics, I just say, "Damn, how does he pull off something like that?!" Gotta say you do a pretty damn good job of matching and daring yourself to don on floral patterned ties and other stuff that I can never dream of doing.
I gots me a long ways to go~post #64341 of 7872111/13/13 at 10:15amQuote:
You were right. Brown/tan brogues are the light blue oxford-weave button-down of footwear. Not quite CBD or funeral, and definitely not evening, but everything else with ease.
HF: your suit, coat and scarf are beautiful. Your tie is, well, deliberately eccentric?
Noodles: nice tie. Would prefer a light blue or fine stripe/micro check shirt with that - I have an issue about white shirt/white PS sucking the life out of a look. But sharp nevertheless.post #64342 of 7872111/13/13 at 10:16amQuote:
I appreciate all advice, no matter the thumb ratio. I have a hard time finding anything to wear with that particular tie, so I was happy to make something sort of work. Probably a good sign that tie is not long for my world.
Beautiful tie. And those shoes - whoa mama.
Although I think it may be tied a wee bit long, I really like that bow tie.
Very nice, Stitches. And that playset looks super fun too.
Rudals, this might be your best fit yet. I've got that tie as well and I love it.post #64343 of 7872111/13/13 at 10:21am1st post in WAYWRN. Sorry for the bad photos and lack of full length fit pics. I'm going to work on a location for that.
BB Harris Tweed
Henry Carter grenadine
AE Park Ave
I've been lurking and liking, so now it's time to contribute FWIW. Criticism welcome.post #64344 of 7872111/13/13 at 10:40ampost #64345 of 7872111/13/13 at 10:42ampost #64346 of 7872111/13/13 at 10:48ampost #64347 of 7872111/13/13 at 10:49am
Sprezz, your sleeves look fine to me. Personally I like my shirt cuffs to sit on top of my hands.
- pocket squares are nice and can add personality and balance when chosen well; don't be shy, investigate and experiment
- the lapels on your jacket are fashionably narrow, in poor proportion to both it and you, also the sleeves a touch short, and it's a tiny bit tight around the middle causing the skirts to stand up.
- your shirt collar is too small for you and looks uncomfortable, also a wider spread collar where the points hide more easily under the jacket, looks nice: I have the very same shirts by the way, and Sr Diaz pointed it out to me.
That's the criticism. However, in colours, textures and tones it's all very tasteful.post #64348 of 7872111/13/13 at 10:50ampost #64349 of 7872111/13/13 at 10:54amNoodles, that jacket looks too snug, bowing lapels and all.
Sprezziamo, please button your jacket cuffs. Maybe even tuck the thin blade of the tie behind the front. Despite all that sprezz, looking good.post #64350 of 7872111/13/13 at 10:55am
Aside... (Click to show)I picked up these Isaia pants for less than $100 at a consignment shop. New with $525 tags from Neiman Marcus. I don't understand how the clothing business works...
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 18 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 21 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 23 minutes ago
- › The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) 26 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 27 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 29 minutes ago
- › BNWT Robert Geller Black Cotton Twill Casual Blazer 50 32 minutes ago
- › WANTED- ALL ODYN VOVK 37 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...