Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4290
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64337 of 7871911/13/13 at 9:34ampost #64338 of 7871911/13/13 at 9:40amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
Sharp shoes, Stitchy.
RD, don't let Butch corrupt you with his odd ways! And I think your shoes look fine, too: true, I'd also have maybe gone with suede or a scotchgrain derby. A boot of some sort would be even better. Or sure, a loafer if you're lounging by the fire. But as not so long ago tan shoes were only casual, I don't find yours especially jarring in this context.
My line of thought was that out of all oxfords, full brogues are the most casual. I thought they were versatile enough to cover the whole range from casual suits to streetwear, but maybe I was wrong!post #64339 of 7871911/13/13 at 10:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
One for the scarf challenge today:
Don't think I ever commented on your pics but every time I look at your pics, I just say, "Damn, how does he pull off something like that?!" Gotta say you do a pretty damn good job of matching and daring yourself to don on floral patterned ties and other stuff that I can never dream of doing.
I gots me a long ways to go~post #64340 of 7871911/13/13 at 10:15amQuote:
You were right. Brown/tan brogues are the light blue oxford-weave button-down of footwear. Not quite CBD or funeral, and definitely not evening, but everything else with ease.
HF: your suit, coat and scarf are beautiful. Your tie is, well, deliberately eccentric?
Noodles: nice tie. Would prefer a light blue or fine stripe/micro check shirt with that - I have an issue about white shirt/white PS sucking the life out of a look. But sharp nevertheless.post #64341 of 7871911/13/13 at 10:16amQuote:
I appreciate all advice, no matter the thumb ratio. I have a hard time finding anything to wear with that particular tie, so I was happy to make something sort of work. Probably a good sign that tie is not long for my world.
Beautiful tie. And those shoes - whoa mama.
Although I think it may be tied a wee bit long, I really like that bow tie.
Very nice, Stitches. And that playset looks super fun too.
Rudals, this might be your best fit yet. I've got that tie as well and I love it.post #64342 of 7871911/13/13 at 10:21am1st post in WAYWRN. Sorry for the bad photos and lack of full length fit pics. I'm going to work on a location for that.
BB Harris Tweed
Henry Carter grenadine
AE Park Ave
I've been lurking and liking, so now it's time to contribute FWIW. Criticism welcome.post #64343 of 7871911/13/13 at 10:40ampost #64344 of 7871911/13/13 at 10:42ampost #64345 of 7871911/13/13 at 10:48ampost #64346 of 7871911/13/13 at 10:49am
Sprezz, your sleeves look fine to me. Personally I like my shirt cuffs to sit on top of my hands.
- pocket squares are nice and can add personality and balance when chosen well; don't be shy, investigate and experiment
- the lapels on your jacket are fashionably narrow, in poor proportion to both it and you, also the sleeves a touch short, and it's a tiny bit tight around the middle causing the skirts to stand up.
- your shirt collar is too small for you and looks uncomfortable, also a wider spread collar where the points hide more easily under the jacket, looks nice: I have the very same shirts by the way, and Sr Diaz pointed it out to me.
That's the criticism. However, in colours, textures and tones it's all very tasteful.post #64347 of 7871911/13/13 at 10:50ampost #64348 of 7871911/13/13 at 10:54amNoodles, that jacket looks too snug, bowing lapels and all.
Sprezziamo, please button your jacket cuffs. Maybe even tuck the thin blade of the tie behind the front. Despite all that sprezz, looking good.post #64349 of 7871911/13/13 at 10:55am
Aside... (Click to show)I picked up these Isaia pants for less than $100 at a consignment shop. New with $525 tags from Neiman Marcus. I don't understand how the clothing business works...post #64350 of 7871911/13/13 at 11:12am
You're probably right. Couldn't find my notes. As Ravi Tailor (my tailor - he's was raised in Indian, so his surname literally came from his family's professional tradition) told me, these were the original business suits in London. The pinstripe suit devolved from this into something, at the time, relatively less formal.Quote:
A pair of Gaziano Westbury shoes in black. Although I hated to order a pair of black shoes, I figured that I needed at least one really, really nice pair for my wardrobe.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 9 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 10 minutes ago
- › Acne Snake Razor Black Jeans Sz 32 12 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 18 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...