Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:29 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4290
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64337 of 7872011/13/13 at 9:34ampost #64338 of 7872011/13/13 at 9:40amQuote:Originally Posted by mimo
Sharp shoes, Stitchy.
RD, don't let Butch corrupt you with his odd ways! And I think your shoes look fine, too: true, I'd also have maybe gone with suede or a scotchgrain derby. A boot of some sort would be even better. Or sure, a loafer if you're lounging by the fire. But as not so long ago tan shoes were only casual, I don't find yours especially jarring in this context.
My line of thought was that out of all oxfords, full brogues are the most casual. I thought they were versatile enough to cover the whole range from casual suits to streetwear, but maybe I was wrong!post #64339 of 7872011/13/13 at 10:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
One for the scarf challenge today:
Don't think I ever commented on your pics but every time I look at your pics, I just say, "Damn, how does he pull off something like that?!" Gotta say you do a pretty damn good job of matching and daring yourself to don on floral patterned ties and other stuff that I can never dream of doing.
I gots me a long ways to go~post #64340 of 7872011/13/13 at 10:15amQuote:
You were right. Brown/tan brogues are the light blue oxford-weave button-down of footwear. Not quite CBD or funeral, and definitely not evening, but everything else with ease.
HF: your suit, coat and scarf are beautiful. Your tie is, well, deliberately eccentric?
Noodles: nice tie. Would prefer a light blue or fine stripe/micro check shirt with that - I have an issue about white shirt/white PS sucking the life out of a look. But sharp nevertheless.post #64341 of 7872011/13/13 at 10:16amQuote:
I appreciate all advice, no matter the thumb ratio. I have a hard time finding anything to wear with that particular tie, so I was happy to make something sort of work. Probably a good sign that tie is not long for my world.
Beautiful tie. And those shoes - whoa mama.
Although I think it may be tied a wee bit long, I really like that bow tie.
Very nice, Stitches. And that playset looks super fun too.
Rudals, this might be your best fit yet. I've got that tie as well and I love it.post #64342 of 7872011/13/13 at 10:21am1st post in WAYWRN. Sorry for the bad photos and lack of full length fit pics. I'm going to work on a location for that.
BB Harris Tweed
Henry Carter grenadine
AE Park Ave
I've been lurking and liking, so now it's time to contribute FWIW. Criticism welcome.post #64343 of 7872011/13/13 at 10:40ampost #64344 of 7872011/13/13 at 10:42ampost #64345 of 7872011/13/13 at 10:48ampost #64346 of 7872011/13/13 at 10:49am
Sprezz, your sleeves look fine to me. Personally I like my shirt cuffs to sit on top of my hands.
- pocket squares are nice and can add personality and balance when chosen well; don't be shy, investigate and experiment
- the lapels on your jacket are fashionably narrow, in poor proportion to both it and you, also the sleeves a touch short, and it's a tiny bit tight around the middle causing the skirts to stand up.
- your shirt collar is too small for you and looks uncomfortable, also a wider spread collar where the points hide more easily under the jacket, looks nice: I have the very same shirts by the way, and Sr Diaz pointed it out to me.
That's the criticism. However, in colours, textures and tones it's all very tasteful.post #64347 of 7872011/13/13 at 10:50ampost #64348 of 7872011/13/13 at 10:54amNoodles, that jacket looks too snug, bowing lapels and all.
Sprezziamo, please button your jacket cuffs. Maybe even tuck the thin blade of the tie behind the front. Despite all that sprezz, looking good.post #64349 of 7872011/13/13 at 10:55am
Aside... (Click to show)I picked up these Isaia pants for less than $100 at a consignment shop. New with $525 tags from Neiman Marcus. I don't understand how the clothing business works...post #64350 of 7872011/13/13 at 11:12am
You're probably right. Couldn't find my notes. As Ravi Tailor (my tailor - he's was raised in Indian, so his surname literally came from his family's professional tradition) told me, these were the original business suits in London. The pinstripe suit devolved from this into something, at the time, relatively less formal.Quote:
A pair of Gaziano Westbury shoes in black. Although I hated to order a pair of black shoes, I figured that I needed at least one really, really nice pair for my wardrobe.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 22 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 15 minutes ago
- › BNWT Stephan Schneider Memory Coat Size IV - Color: Night Navy 16 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 16 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 16 minutes ago
- › Bespoke shoes - Calzoleria Riccardo Borella 17 minutes ago
- › Wallet advice - kawatako uk bridle / ashland or j michael cordovan... 31 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 32 minutes ago
- › Zimmerli law suit 34 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories