Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4285post #64261 of 7872311/12/13 at 3:26pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64262 of 7872311/12/13 at 3:27pmpost #64263 of 7872311/12/13 at 3:30pmpost #64264 of 7872311/12/13 at 3:31pmpost #64265 of 7872311/12/13 at 3:37pmpost #64266 of 7872311/12/13 at 3:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pingson
Just got this jacket delivered in the mail yesterday, and I'm trying it out today to determine if I need to alter it in any way. So far I'm pretty pleased with it, but comments are most welcome
I thrifted the jacket from our own Dirnelli. It is bespoke by French tailors Cifonell and judging from the marking inside it was made in December 1984 - I find it pretty awesome to wear a jacket that it almost 30 years old.
Details (Click to show)
Very nice piece that will last another 30 years (at least). Congratulations!post #64267 of 7872311/12/13 at 3:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
i just looks big in your body, its not flattering you at all.
i might get killed for this, but since you mentioned thrifting, just keep this in mind, its never worth settling. im not advocating breaking the bank, and i know everyone has their limitations, i sure have my own, but better to pay a little more and have less items but ones that are great items, and compliment you, than pay less and have more ok items. food for thought.
Stitchy's got it exactly right, and this is the advice you will get on the thrift thread, too. Almost 0% of my wardrobe (other than unmentionables) was bought retail (unless you count TJX as retail). To be sure, a few things are off by a half inch here or there, but I like to think my eye has improved to the point that I'm generally pretty close. Be ruthlessly honest with yourself about what really fits (lurk here for good examples then emulate), and if you are buying only for yourself (as opposed to for trade/resale), save the money for the items that fit.post #64268 of 7872311/12/13 at 3:49pmpost #64269 of 7872311/12/13 at 3:52pmQuote:
Interesting. I have a few British and Australian friends (New Zealand too, but who counts them?) and I know it is a big thing there. I see way more poppies on commonwealth folks that I do on Americans.post #64270 of 7872311/12/13 at 3:54pmIt's bad manners to wear a hat indoors and I'm sure the original wearer of that suit would have taken his off once he crossed the threshold.
@ Cliche - Stitchy is handing out some sound advice in his last couple of posts. You say you thrifted some of your threads? Take a look at Pingson's jacket and see how it is an almost perfect fit? THAT is how to thrift my friend!post #64271 of 7872311/12/13 at 3:56pmQuote:
The poppy appeal is centered on the British Legion, so I don't think many Americans really 'get' what it's all about. I wear mine for the first couple of weeks in November and often get asked what's going on with it.post #64272 of 7872311/12/13 at 3:59pmQuote:
Can you explain what this British Legion is, and why it has widespread appeal in the commonwealth? Most people in the U.S. know when Veterans Day is (stores use it as an excuse to throw sales), but I think few would associate the poppy with it. Which is unfortunate, because it is such a moving and meaningful symbol, once you know what it means.post #64273 of 7872311/12/13 at 4:01pm
AAS, I love that duffle jacket!
Quote:Originally Posted by GMMcL
Stitchy's got it exactly right, and this is the advice you will get on the thrift thread, too. Almost 0% of my wardrobe (other than unmentionables) was bought retail (unless you count TJX as retail). To be sure, a few things are off by a half inch here or there, but I like to think my eye has improved to the point that I'm generally pretty close. Be ruthlessly honest with yourself about what really fits (lurk here for good examples then emulate), and if you are buying only for yourself (as opposed to for trade/resale), save the money for the items that fit.
Yessir!post #64274 of 7872311/12/13 at 4:07pmQuote:
Whatever you want to call it, just please don't tell veterans you can "imagine what they've been through". Someone asked me about Iraq and Afghanistan yesterday and then proceeded to tell me he could imagine how tough it was. I got a little angry and told him he could not ever f$@&! imagine it...I felt bad after...he didn't mean it that way. Anyways, I ate a bunch of free food all day so that was nice.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › Unipair - Gentlemen's Shoe Boutique - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Who made these monkstraps? (Baldessarini) 15 minutes ago
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 15 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Calzoleria shoes 18 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 20 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 21 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)