Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:41 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4283post #64231 of 7871811/12/13 at 9:48ampost #64232 of 7871811/12/13 at 9:58amQuote:Originally Posted by Cleav
Been watching and learning, here's my return from the bench. Pointers? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
top block, jacket/tie/shirt look great, not sure on PS. cant tell enough about bottom block to comment much, but i think with that fit a darker brown shoe is called for.
SB, nice. would be better with white shirt.post #64233 of 7871811/12/13 at 10:02ampost #64234 of 7871811/12/13 at 10:35am
Those shoes are a bit clunky, and they could use some TLC. The color isn't quite right for the suit. You set an otherwise high standard with this rig, in terms of both style and quality. The shoes don't live up to it. Also, though your tie and square are both nice, I wish they had a color in common to tie them together.
Parterre, that shirt is too formal to wear with anything less than a suit. I wouldn't really like it even then, but it wouldn't be so out of place. If you'd like to wear a tie, wear a coat, and be more afraid of stripes-on-stripes. Thin sweaters like that work better as layering pieces. Wear argyle socks, or even a colorful pair.
Right now, it looks like you're trying very hard to dress elegantly. If you directed that effort into a slightly different direction, you could do very well. Figure out what an appropriate level of formality is, and dress for that.
CottonDockers: Challenging oneself is well and good, but are you trying to dress well, or learn to be a better dresser? Athletes push themselves in training so that they don't have to push themselves as hard at the real thing, if you get what I'm putting out.post #64235 of 7871811/12/13 at 11:23am
I was told to leave this package here...post #64236 of 7871811/12/13 at 11:25ampost #64237 of 7871811/12/13 at 11:46ampost #64238 of 7871811/12/13 at 11:56ampost #64239 of 7871811/12/13 at 12:01pmpost #64240 of 7871811/12/13 at 12:03pm
Alright, I took a bunch of your advice yesterday and looked through a bunch of posts and decided to try something a little more traditional.
Light blue shirt, navy blazer, wool blend tie, gray khaki's, and boots cause it was snowing in the morning!
Watch is a Hamilton Khaki Automatic. Graduation gift from my folks.
(/me crosses fingers)post #64241 of 7871811/12/13 at 12:05pmpost #64242 of 7871811/12/13 at 12:22pmridethecliche, my friend, you have a lot of work ahead of you, but the task is not too great.
jack - too large in the body and the pockets look gigantic
shirt - button those buttons
PS - no relation to anything else, and i dont really like it much
pants - look like beat up khakis, not coherent with top block nor do i think they are particularly nice
boots - same as above
tie and socks are ok i guess.
not trying to be a dick, just trying to help.
keep reading and keep trying, you will get there.post #64243 of 7871811/12/13 at 12:35pmpost #64244 of 7871811/12/13 at 12:38pmpost #64245 of 7871811/12/13 at 12:40pm
Just curious, how do you know that the jacket is too big in the body from that picture? I have one hand up that's causing the side to 'puff' up. I guess I see what you're saying, i.e. that it's making my hips look wider. I think the pockets look even bigger than they are because they don't have a 'flap cap'.
And on the note of shoes. I was really thinking that this getup called for black cap toes, but I didn't want to get mine totally gunked up with the grossness outside.
And hey, atleast I did a little better than yesterday! :p
Edit: I guess I have a few things I've picked up from thrift stores and the like. I need to start figuring out what actually fits well and is worth altering and start dropping the rest. That and starting to be a bit more picky from now on. That's what this feedback is great for. I'm 24, so my wardrobe is tiny right now. This advice is good for future building. That's solid right there. I.e. how to make the most of what I have now and how to build it up to be better.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 46 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 2 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 2 minutes ago
- › Any Levi jeans tab experts? 10 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 11 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 18 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding