Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 4283post #64231 of 7872311/12/13 at 9:19am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #64232 of 7872311/12/13 at 9:27amThanks for the thumbs yesterday.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Coach belt (not shown)
Square, trou and socks are unknown/vintage unknown/nothing special (respectively)
RM Williams chelsea bootspost #64233 of 7872311/12/13 at 9:32am
GMMcL - I love everything but the shirt. Seems a little Spring/Summer when the rest of your outfit is Fall/Winter.
You are probably right, although I do try to challenge myself to find something other than white linen/cream silk and see if I can make it work.Quote:
Pingson, Pliny - great jackets from both of you guys. FWIW, I don't think that SC needs any alterations whatsoever, Pingson.post #64234 of 7872311/12/13 at 9:45ampost #64235 of 7872311/12/13 at 9:48ampost #64236 of 7872311/12/13 at 9:58amQuote:Originally Posted by Cleav
Been watching and learning, here's my return from the bench. Pointers? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
top block, jacket/tie/shirt look great, not sure on PS. cant tell enough about bottom block to comment much, but i think with that fit a darker brown shoe is called for.
SB, nice. would be better with white shirt.post #64237 of 7872311/12/13 at 10:02ampost #64238 of 7872311/12/13 at 10:35am
Those shoes are a bit clunky, and they could use some TLC. The color isn't quite right for the suit. You set an otherwise high standard with this rig, in terms of both style and quality. The shoes don't live up to it. Also, though your tie and square are both nice, I wish they had a color in common to tie them together.
Parterre, that shirt is too formal to wear with anything less than a suit. I wouldn't really like it even then, but it wouldn't be so out of place. If you'd like to wear a tie, wear a coat, and be more afraid of stripes-on-stripes. Thin sweaters like that work better as layering pieces. Wear argyle socks, or even a colorful pair.
Right now, it looks like you're trying very hard to dress elegantly. If you directed that effort into a slightly different direction, you could do very well. Figure out what an appropriate level of formality is, and dress for that.
CottonDockers: Challenging oneself is well and good, but are you trying to dress well, or learn to be a better dresser? Athletes push themselves in training so that they don't have to push themselves as hard at the real thing, if you get what I'm putting out.post #64239 of 7872311/12/13 at 11:23am
I was told to leave this package here...post #64240 of 7872311/12/13 at 11:25ampost #64241 of 7872311/12/13 at 11:46ampost #64242 of 7872311/12/13 at 11:56ampost #64243 of 7872311/12/13 at 12:01pmpost #64244 of 7872311/12/13 at 12:03pm
Alright, I took a bunch of your advice yesterday and looked through a bunch of posts and decided to try something a little more traditional.
Light blue shirt, navy blazer, wool blend tie, gray khaki's, and boots cause it was snowing in the morning!
Watch is a Hamilton Khaki Automatic. Graduation gift from my folks.
(/me crosses fingers)
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Spectator Porn 1 minute ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 8 minutes ago
- › Viberg Service Boot Waxed Flesh Size 9 9 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 10 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 22nd AUGUST: THE 'NO BLUES' CHALLENGE 11 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)